Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT - Songs you would jump over chairs to run across the room and turn OFF if they came on the radio
Posted by: Mongoose ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:48

There are some songs that I have heard so many times that if I was in a room with a radio and they came on, I'd probably break stuff in an effort to shut them off.

My list (leaving out disco hits and the entire catalogs of Helen Reddy and Bobby Goldsboro):

1. Dream On (not a bad song, once or twice, but every day for 30 years....barf)

2. Hotel California (same thing, I think some Classic Rock station is playing it right NOW)

3. Crocodile Rock (I really like Elton, but he had that way of writing a tune that just got under your craw sometimes)

4. Bennie and the Jets (see #3)

5. Anything from the Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album. Again, not bad songs a few times around, but I was never much of a fan of Stevie Nick's voice.

6. Crazy Little Thing Called Love - I loved Queen in the early days, but this was just played on the radio too danged much

7. The Joker - loved Steve Miller's early material, thought this one was junk

8. The Illusive Butterfly of Love - anybody got a Dr. Pepper bottle I can throw at the radio right now?

9. Hooked on a Feeling - the version by Blue Suede that starts off with "Hooga Shucka Hooga Hooga" - really bizarre marketing: "Let's take a decent song from the 60s and add an obnoxious chant in the beginning, and it'll be a big HIT!! Danged if it didn't work.

10. Kung Fu Fighting - 'nuff said.

I could go on, but I'm curious if any of you folks have your list of ten.

Now, with all of that horrible stuff in my head right now, I think I'm going to go watch my "Ladies and Gentemen" DVD my wife gave me for Christmas.

Cheers....

Re: OT - Songs you would jump over chairs to run across the room and turn OFF if they came on the radio
Posted by: R ()
Date: December 28, 2010 16:58

Paul McCartney's "Wonderful Christmastime." John and Yoko's "Happy Xmas, War Is Over." Both give me nausea.

Re: OT - Songs you would jump over chairs to run across the room and turn OFF if they came on the radio
Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:21

Hotel California
Stairway to Heaven
Spinning Wheel
Anything from Queen
Anything from the Doors
Anything from the Pretenders
Anything from Phil Collins
Anything from anybody really, crap radio,same songlist every 8 hours every day every week everymonth for 30 plus bloody years. I must endure this crap at work. Radio is a drug for morons. In fact FM stands for F*%^&$+@G Moron. No such thing as a radio in my home.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:23

A very fresh one : the Coldplay 2010 X-mas song :

Get a barf bag, and just watch the end of the video :
Pathetic - hilarious - full of cliché

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-28 17:25 by Massimo68.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:24

You can make this on topic. Start Me Up. To paraphrase an old saying. I would crawl across a mile of broken glass just to turn that song off of a field radio.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:28

I'm lucky to have a good radio station (WWOZ) broadcasting about a 1/4-mile from my flat.

Just about anything coming from a commercial station these days is such loathsome shit, it makes me want to unload both barrels of a shotgun on the nearest radio.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 28, 2010 17:39

any song by the beetels

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:02

Anything by Jack Johnson or Dave Matthews.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:05

Stiff Pilchard ...AKA... Cliff Richard

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:06

Absolutely no music can make me run like that...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:23

I gave up on the radio a long time ago

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:34

Anything by Bon Jovi.

sc uk

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 18:45

By the Stones: Indian Girl

By Led Zeppelin: Everything after the second album (OK, I'd listen to the last album, too)

Skynyrd: tired of it all...30 + years of being overplayed

Eagles: never want to hear them again

Thankfully, between XM and cable radio and internet radio, I can avoid most broadcast stations. I probably have 10,000 songs I never want to hear again.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 19:13

MacArthur Park ( Someone left the cake out in the rain ) ?!?!?
I think I'm Turning Japanese - ?!?!?!
I am Women - ?!?!?!?
Hey Jude --- na na na na na na ?!?!?!?!?
Any song with someone whistling

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 28, 2010 20:27

Freebird.

Anything by the Grateful Dead.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: December 28, 2010 20:44

Start Me Up, ridiculously overplayed, and anything from A Bigger Bang.
"Heal The World" by Michael Jackson, unbearable.
Anything by: Aerosmith, Kiss, Deep Purple, The Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay. Can't stand them.

Posted by: diego ()
Date: December 28, 2010 21:28

I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND. Disgustful...

Unbelievable John Lennon ever did this shit...

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: December 28, 2010 22:41

Chicago's Color My World.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 28, 2010 23:06

most of "Queen"-"Police"-

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 28, 2010 23:31

Almost every song by AC/DC without Bon Scott. Shit sandwich.

Dangerous Beauty, Biggest Mistake and Infamy.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 28, 2010 23:40

custom55
MacArthur Park ( Someone left the cake out in the rain ) ?!?!?
I think I'm Turning Japanese - ?!?!?!
I am Women - ?!?!?!?
Hey Jude --- na na na na na na ?!?!?!?!?

"Turning Japanese" is a great ode to masturbation. "Dock Of The Bay" has whistling.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 28, 2010 23:40

Anything Eagles
Anything Bono
Most Bruce
most Zeppelin
Hey Jude
most of Dead
anything Bon Jovi
on and on.....(this is not a song title or a band name)

radio could be such a great medium....it must be run by accountants and marketers, now it sucks.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 28, 2010 23:42

"YMCA" or "In The Navy" - Village People suck (pun intended)
"Sugar Shack"
"Bonnie Jean" and "Good Morning Starshine" - Oliver
"Ob La Di" - and I love the Beatles

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 29, 2010 01:45

Come on Diego, " I Want To Hold Your Hand" was recorded by the Beatles when John was around 23!! Cut him some slack!
My turn off list is anything COLDPLAY, most Southern rock, all Lady GAGA, Steve Miller, George Thoroughgood, Ryan Adams, and the song " FEELINGS"!! OH MY GOD!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 29, 2010 01:52

Pretty much anything by Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, or Bruce Springsteen.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:01

The second edition of Fleedwood Mac I hope...............

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:08

NICOS
The second edition of Fleedwood Mac I hope...............

Like many Americans, I'm not too familiar with pre-1975 Fleetwood Mac. I know "Oh Well". That's about it.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 29, 2010 02:38

custom55

No way! That would then include these classics:

Now...FULL POWER!!

In conclusion:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-12-29 02:39 by loog droog.

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: December 29, 2010 05:48

Wow, I actually like some of the songs mentioned. 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' is the ONLY song I can stand by Queen.

I quickly flip radio stations when I hear anything by Journey, REO Speedwagon, 38 Special, the Outlaws, Supertramp, or just about any of the 80s 'hair' bands.

Date: December 29, 2010 06:01

sweet neocon!

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home