Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Keith's autobiography "Life"
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 21, 2010 16:03

Max'sKansasCity
You trolls with your <140 char, one line, twitter type posts, looking to bait people in to debates are funny.

Sooner or later this book will make it on to my bookself,
either someone will buy it for me, or I will pick it up for $1.99
in the discount bin, but I see no reason (and no one provided one) to
scurry out out and buy this book as if it is a concert or one time deal... it is not music, it is a book, simply more words.

I also do not understand all of the excitement to want to go see Keith talk at the library..... who cares? and why? for all the whining on this website (and crying and bitching and complaining and sniveling) about how they think the Stones like to make too much money on fans( I NEVER talked that type of BS, I pay or I dont, it is a either afair deal, or not)... but still there sure a lot of people wanting to pay full retail price the day this book comes out.

If this was a concert, or new music, I am there, as I was 5 times on the last tour ( an infinite tmes on other tours) but this is ANOTHER book....it is just words, no music, so who cares???... PLAY SOME MUSIC, OR STFU. I am sure that is all too hard for you to understand, but I wont explain it again, but feel free to troll away.

Ha, you're too funny. No one really cares if you read it. Our point is that you are trying way too hard to justify not reading it. And you were the one that said:

Max'sKansasCity

Dont misunderstand, I own (and I have read) a ton of Stones books (maybe 50 of them).....

At this point.... Why would I have an interest in any "new fangled Kieth Propoganda"..
why would I?
I am really asking... why would you? who cares what he has to say? did he cure cancer?
I have a lot to do.... and reading a book by Keith is not on my "to do" list... why would I care?

So I ask you ... you've read 50 Stones books before. Why did you care at then? You finally decide that the one time Keith writes his own autobiography that this is the time to take a stand and not care??? Whatever, go on babbling away about how pointless this is.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2010 16:10

yaaaaaaawn... at the opinionless troll.

Date: October 21, 2010 18:14

Max'sKansasCity
yaaaaaaawn... at the opinionless troll.

LOL:

Max'sKansasCity
You trolls with your <140 char, one line, twitter type posts, looking to bait people in to debates are funny.

way to go, troll!

Max'sKansasCity
You have no point, you are trolling, I explained my point, you dont get it, oh well.

and i countered your point, caught you in nonsensical logic, and questioned the need for such a long post to justify how much you don't care ... and your only response to those questions is to call me (us) trolls. Nice.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-21 18:16 by LeonidP.

Date: October 21, 2010 21:21

boy,
I do not post on this board looking for a debate. I stated an opinion, and if someone has something useful to offer, I want to hear it, but you boy, are a waste of time, just a troll.

There are lot of your types here, it is the downside to this board,
but there are many more good folks which make up for you trolls. Looking
over your 2 years of posts shows this type of trollism is typical for you.
Lot of drivel, BS and negative baiting, no opinions from you, just typical trolling, which is boring to me.

I wont reply to you again.... now scurry off and order your book,
I saw thread saying free shipping in Canada, so hurry up troll.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 21, 2010 21:28

I'll get it, in part, to compare it to Ronnie's!

Date: October 21, 2010 21:35

skipstone
I'll get it, in part, to compare it to Ronnie's!
That is what I was looking for..... it does not motivate me to buy it but it is a good reason to buy it, thanks.

ps
I would lbe curious to read your thoughts/findings after you read it and compare it to Ronnie's

Date: October 21, 2010 21:59

Max'sKansasCity
boy,
I do not post on this board looking for a debate. I stated an opinion, and if someone has something useful to offer, I want to hear it, but you boy, are a waste of time, just a troll.

There are lot of your types here, it is the downside to this board,
but there are many more good folks which make up for you trolls. Looking
over your 2 years of posts shows this type of trollism is typical for you.
Lot of drivel, BS and negative baiting, no opinions from you, just typical trolling, which is boring to me.

I wont reply to you again.... now scurry off and order your book,
I saw thread saying free shipping in Canada, so hurry up troll.

So nobody can question anything you write? And if they do they are now classified as a 'troll'? Face it, you made a moronic post which just rambled and doesn't make any logical sense , you got called out for it, and now you can't handle it and try to turn it around, calling those that point it out a 'troll'.

If you don't want the book, fine. I don't care, no one does. But to make a rambling post like that just screams of more trying to convince yourself that you don't want it when in reality you do. Hope you enjoy it...

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 21, 2010 22:01

Keith will be interviewed on BBC-2 (UK) "The Culture Show"

thusday 28th October 19.00-20.00

Date: October 21, 2010 22:16

Adrian-L
Keith will be interviewed on BBC-2 (UK) "The Culture Show"

thusday 28th October 19.00-20.00
Thanks for the tip Adrian, I may not buy his book, or buy tickets/travel/fight crowds to see him talk in library( though I have made several donations to the library), but I will watch Keith on TVsmiling smiley

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 22, 2010 02:55

At some point there will be a thread about our thoughts on Life. I'll type them out when I get 'round to it.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 22, 2010 03:14

Amen to that, Skip. I can't believe how this book is being crapped all over when maybe 2% of it has been leaked/excerpted. Mick's been the dominant relationship in Keith's life - did anyone really expect simple platitudes of gratitude towards him? They've got a very complex dynamic which is not only musically/culturally historic but has spanned their entire lives... and Keith's never been one to sugarcoat anything. I'm expecting Keith's harshest criticism to be directed towards himself and I'm willing to bet there'll be plenty of love for Sir Michael in there. And probably even some for Brian, Bill, and - GASP! - Mick T.

Seriously - now that Ronnie seems to have his sh*t together, Keith's become the whipping boy du jour around here.

"Brothers and sisters . . . Come on, now . . . That means everybody cool out. Just be cool now, come on."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-22 04:04 by JuanTCB.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: October 22, 2010 07:52

I read the first two chapters tonight on the iPad. I can not wait to read the whole book. Very well written and quite funny.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 23, 2010 14:35

JuanTCB
Um, yeah - anyway, amazon (U.S.) has the unabridged audiobook on sale for around $23 on CD. At this point, the number of discs hasn't been announced, but if it's 22.5 hours, that's going to have to be 14 or 15 CDs at the very least? For $23?

Is that standard practice? James Ellroy's unabridged Blood's A Rover is 21 CDs and goes for about $35, so it must be. Life on CD seems like an insanely cheap deal that might actually not be too good to be true. Bring it on!

You will also be able to download it from Audible by the end of the month and you csn usually get a cheap trial with them.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 23, 2010 16:09

fiftyamp
I read the first two chapters tonight on the iPad. I can not wait to read the whole book. Very well written and quite funny.

you got the kindle uk version?

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: October 23, 2010 16:58

sweetcharmedlife

bv
I would assume that most fans do want to hear the story from the man who lived it. And book signing isn't very rock'n'roll, is it?

Well Ronnie did it.

Bill Wyman did it. Nick Masson did it. Many others did it. Charlie Watts signed for me the book "Charlie Watts" by Alan Clayson.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 23, 2010 17:38

Georges

sweetcharmedlife

bv
I would assume that most fans do want to hear the story from the man who lived it. And book signing isn't very rock'n'roll, is it?

Well Ronnie did it.

Bill Wyman did it. Nick Masson did it. Many others did it. Charlie Watts signed for me the book "Charlie Watts" by Alan Clayson.

I don't think Keith gives a twopenny damn about what's supposed to be rock'n'roll and what's not - and that IS rock'n'roll.

Posted by: babylon ()
Date: October 23, 2010 18:25

I'm happy, I just got Keith' book in hands, so this will be a long, long night...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 23, 2010 19:50

if anyone has a digital copy of the book (epub or some other format) already, I'd be glad if you could share it smiling smiley ordered my hardcopy of course, but it's not gonna arrive till wednesday.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home