Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Keith's autobiography "Life"
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 8, 2010 18:40

Braincapers
with sssoul
angee
There is an audio book listed on Amazon, read by both Keith and Gary Oldman.

where did you find the information about who's doing the reading, please and thank you kindly?
i've located the audio book on amazon.com and amazon.co.uk, but i don't see anything about who's reading it
i'm probably undercaffeinated but a sssoul wants to be sure before placing orders :E

Hatchette Audio has announced that award-winning actor Johnny Depp will read the audiobook edition of Keith's highly anticipated new autobiography. A part of pop culture since his days on 21 Jump Street, Depp has given memorable performances in films like Edward Scissorhands, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and this year's Alice In Wonderland.

One of Depp's best-known roles is Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Depp has said in inteviews that he based the character on his friend Keith, a revelation that led to Keith's appearance as Captain Jacks' father in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

Depp will be joined on the 22 and a half hour audiobook by fellow musician Joe Hurley and by Keith himself.

cool, looking forward to that.

Pirate Johnny Depp makes surprise school visit

Hollywood star Johnny Depp has made an unannounced visit to a London primary school after receiving a letter from one of its pupils.

The actor turned up at the school in Greenwich, south-east London, dressed as his Pirates of the Caribbean alter-ego Captain Jack Sparrow.
He said nine-year-old Beatrice had written to Captain Jack, asking him to lead a mutiny against her teachers.

Depp, 47, has been filming the latest instalment of the franchise in London.
After his arrival, a special school assembly was called and the film star - along with other members of the cast dressed in full costume - walked in.
Depp produced Beatrice's letter and performed for the children for 15 minutes.
But he told the schoolgirl that a mutiny might get them into trouble.
Footage of the surprise appearance was sent to CBBC's Newsround programme.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-08 22:49 by open-g.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 8, 2010 21:13

How great would it be if Keith did the audio book.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 8, 2010 21:28

Bliss

huh? Depp will be joined on the 22 and a half hour audiobook by fellow musician Joe Hurley and by Keith himself.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 12, 2010 21:37

"One more reason to visit the Life page today is the new audio clip we've added of Keith giving an introduction to the book. And speaking of recordings, it was announced last week that Keith's pal, Johnny Depp, will be lending his voice to several chapters of the Life audio book! Depp will be joined on the 22-and-a-half hour audiobook by fellow musician Joe Hurley and, of course, by Keith himself."

several chapters!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 12, 2010 21:57

Keith's highly-anticipated autobiography, Life, isn't due in stores until October 26, but Rolling Stone will offer an advance look at the book when they publish a 10,000 word excerpt in the next issue, due at newsstands on October 15. Keep your eyes open for this issue, which will also feature Keith on the cover.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 12, 2010 22:14

Bliss

That is to say, if he narrated the entire book. Why not? Keith has a great, great voice and and incredible laugh.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:14

I do not foresee me reading or listening to this book.
Does anyone have a good reason? I really dont care what
Keith has to say in a book which was quickly (propogandized)
(myth inventing) compiled over the last couple of years, the
disadvantage to that being the "censorship of time"...... I
have skimmed most his/MJ's interviews in rags over time...but
why would I give a sht about reading this book?

Dont misunderstand, I own (and I have read) a ton of Stones books (maybe 50 of them).....
and my favorite part is always the ending page..and how the author chose to end the book...
it is amusing the predictions one can read on the last page of each book...that is a book unst itself.

but back to my point...... what could I possibly learn or hear from
Keith at this point that will be a positive? I dont wanna hear how
he is getting crabby with Mick... I really dont wanna hear any of it..
I say SHUT THFK UP....AND PLAY SOME FKN MUSIC.... or I will do something else
until you do... I have never had a great exp meeting any famous aholes...... I
find it is best if that they stay on stage and play and I stay in the audience
and watch and then we get along great, It iswhen we start mixing it usually gets odd..
and I usually coming away not liking them as much as I thought.

At this point.... Why would I have an interest in any "new fangled Kieth Propoganda"..
why would I?
I am really asking... why would you? who cares what he has to say? did he cure cancer?
I have a lot to do.... and reading a book by Keith is not on my "to do" list... why would I care?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-17 18:18 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: October 17, 2010 18:41

Um, yeah - anyway, amazon (U.S.) has the unabridged audiobook on sale for around $23 on CD. At this point, the number of discs hasn't been announced, but if it's 22.5 hours, that's going to have to be 14 or 15 CDs at the very least? For $23?

Is that standard practice? James Ellroy's unabridged Blood's A Rover is 21 CDs and goes for about $35, so it must be. Life on CD seems like an insanely cheap deal that might actually not be too good to be true. Bring it on!

Date: October 17, 2010 18:44

JuanTCB
Um, yeah - anyway, amazon (U.S.) has the unabridged audiobook on sale for around $23 on CD. At this point, the number of discs hasn't been announced, but if it's 22.5 hours, that's going to have to be 14 or 15 CDs at the very least? For $23?

Is that standard practice? James Ellroy's unabridged Blood's A Rover is 21 CDs and goes for about $35, so it must be. Life on CD seems like an insanely cheap deal that might actually not be too good to be true. Bring it on!

um yeah... anyway... great asssnswer... well... you just waddle on out there and listen to it as as fast as you can... uh ..yeah.... anyway.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 17, 2010 19:04

JuanTCB

Probably MP3 CDs?

Date: October 17, 2010 20:03

MP3 CDs would make the most sense but you figure the average dude who's buying this to listen on his home stereo or in his car on the way to work or whatever wouldn't have the capability to play 'em.

I think it's great, though - a massive box set for an insanely low price, relatively speaking.

Date: October 17, 2010 22:41

I haven't checked but I think a lot of modern car CDs and home DVD players can play mp3 CDs.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 18, 2010 03:06

with sssoul,

sorry for my outdated info on who is reading.
amazon changed the readers from those I mentioned above, then recently changed the release date and listed just keith, and now has keith with johnny depp and joe hurley as mentioned.

Date: October 18, 2010 21:03

Amazon also updated the artwork: 20 CDs!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 19, 2010 02:11

Max'sKansasCity

Dont misunderstand, I own (and I have read) a ton of Stones books (maybe 50 of them).....
and my favorite part is always the ending page..and how the author chose to end the book...
it is amusing the predictions one can read on the last page of each book...that is a book unst itself.

and watch and then we get along great, It iswhen we start mixing it usually gets odd..

At this point.... Why would I have an interest in any "new fangled Kieth Propoganda"..
why would I?
I am really asking... why would you? who cares what he has to say? did he cure cancer?
I have a lot to do.... and reading a book by Keith is not on my "to do" list... why would I care?

lot of rambling & thought about how much you don't want to read it ... sounds like you'll be the 1st one in line

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: October 19, 2010 02:26

LeonidP
Max'sKansasCity

why would I?

lot of rambling & thought about how much you don't want to read it ... sounds like you'll be the 1st one in line

yeah, such a long post to say how "little" you care.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 02:28

Max'sKansasCity

why would I?

Great points. I've read most Stones books and have been reading Stones Mythology and Stones History, depending on the source, since I was 13. That was a long @#$%& time ago. With Keith's book, I just feel like...why?
Unless he provides some self-analysis, what would be new? Its not like Keith hasn't told his "side of the story" for years. The Barbara Charone book, the Victor Bockris book, they all kissed his ass and wrote from his point of view. And Keith is been yakking his jaws since he got clean, so.......
Like I said, I want to hear about Aretha during the recording of JJF, or whipping CHuck Berry into shape for "Hail, Hail...."

Date: October 19, 2010 09:22

stupidguy2
Great points. I've read most Stones books and have been reading Stones Mythology and Stones History, depending on the source, since I was 13. That was a long @#$%& time ago. With Keith's book, I just feel like...why?
Unless he provides some self-analysis, what would be new? Its not like Keith hasn't told his "side of the story" for years. The Barbara Charone book, the Victor Bockris book, they all kissed his ass and wrote from his point of view. And Keith is been yakking his jaws since he got clean, so.......
Like I said, I want to hear about Aretha during the recording of JJF, or whipping CHuck Berry into shape for "Hail, Hail...."

Exactly.
Keith's story has been published for years.

Date: October 19, 2010 14:28

Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2

Exactly.

Exactly ... now finally in his own words.

Date: October 19, 2010 14:49

Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2

Exactly.

Read "part 2", posted on IORR, and then you'll see that this is gonna be a great read.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2010 15:08

<Unless he provides some self-analysis, what would be new? Its not like Keith hasn't told his "side of the story" for years. The Barbara Charone book, the Victor Bockris book, they all kissed his ass and wrote from his point of view.><stupidguy2>

With the exception of Tony Sanchez. He kicked Keith ass many times. Keith reaction proved it more or less.
Lets hope Keith comes up with some musical and objective details:how they worked in the studio and how songs developed etc.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: October 19, 2010 17:02

Max, I have no idea why anyone here would care if you read it or not, so I don't understand your question.

Date: October 19, 2010 20:05

texas fan
Max, I have no idea why anyone here would care if you read it or not, so I don't understand your question.

i'm pretty sure that even he doesn't understand his own question

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 19, 2010 21:30

The Amazon listing for the audiobook has Keith as the sole narrator.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: October 19, 2010 21:31

LeonidP

You could argue that Charone and Bokris were so far up his ass that those were his words.

Date: October 19, 2010 21:52

The kindle version is already on sale in the UK, so if you're in the UK... and have a kindle... you can buy it right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life/dp/B0047DVHV2/ref=sr_1_1/278-2507604-3944450?ie=UTF8&m=A3TVV12T0I6NSM&s=digital-text&qid=1287513999&sr=1-1

Date: October 19, 2010 22:34

JuanTCB
The kindle version is already on sale in the UK, so if you're in the UK... and have a kindle... you can buy it right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life/dp/B0047DVHV2/ref=sr_1_1/278-2507604-3944450?ie=UTF8&m=A3TVV12T0I6NSM&s=digital-text&qid=1287513999&sr=1-1

You can have Kindle on your Ipad, phone or PC and it is a good price too so it is tempting but I do want the book.

Date: October 20, 2010 00:49

texas fan
if you are not intelligent enough (typical for a texan) to understand the question, I really do not want to read an answer from you, but thanks anyway tex.

LeonidP
Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2

Exactly.

Infinite magazine articles, over many many years, have Keith replying, and quoted, "in his own words"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-20 01:35 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 20, 2010 07:26

Max'sKansasCity
texas fan
if you are not intelligent enough (typical for a texan) to understand the question, I really do not want to read an answer from you, but thanks anyway tex.

LeonidP
Max'sKansasCity
stupidguy2

Exactly.

Infinite magazine articles, over many many years, have Keith replying, and quoted, "in his own words"

So you've read EVERY book and EVERY article on Keith all these years, never getting annoyed, and now he finally writes one himself and this is when you've finally had it?

Date: October 21, 2010 15:34

You trolls with your <140 char, one line, twitter type posts, looking to bait people in to debates are funny.

You have no point, you are trolling, I explained my point, you dont get it, oh well.

Sooner or later this book will make it on to my bookself,
either someone will buy it for me, or I will pick it up for $1.99
in the discount bin, but I see no reason (and no one provided one) to
scurry out out and buy this book as if it is a concert or one time deal... it is not music, it is a book, simply more words.

I also do not understand all of the excitement to want to go see Keith talk at the library..... who cares? and why? for all the whining on this website (and crying and bitching and complaining and sniveling) about how they think the Stones like to make too much money on fans( I NEVER talked that type of BS, I pay or I dont, it is a either afair deal, or not)... but still there sure a lot of people wanting to pay full retail price the day this book comes out.

If this was a concert, or new music, I am there, as I was 5 times on the last tour ( an infinite tmes on other tours) but this is ANOTHER book....it is just words, no music, so who cares???... PLAY SOME MUSIC, OR STFU. I am sure that is all too hard for you to understand, but I wont explain it again, but feel free to troll away.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home