Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Tour - Idea's & Possible Configuration's
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 6, 2010 08:16

I propose instead of speculative musings around when where and how, why not suggest what we want.

I propose this

Firstly a tour that encompasses their entire career by separating the era's, say the 60's, 70's, 80 - 90 - 00's

Imagine a recreation of the 60's era set, it was only 90 minutes long at the end of the decade, when they were playing those package tours they'd knock it out in 15 mins or so.

So we cut them a break ask for 2 Shows a day in each city in a small theatre for 45 mins each, (charge me whatever as long as you recreate the round & round feeling)

Then a step up to the Arena Show of the 72 & 75 Tours & 78 (The Forgotten Tour) and by restaging the lotus flower in the round experience, coupled with today's video walls it'd rock.

Then the finale' at each locale, the Stadium Gig.... Monster, the show you'd be happy to be your last....

I want the stadium to encorporate the daytime of the 81 Tour with the sheer f#$kme of the Voodoo Set...

What do you think....

Plus lets get our friends who work in the operations/logistics departments of the stadiums to tell us when they are scouted by Cohl and Co. that'll be the indication we need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-06 09:15 by SKILLS.

Re: New Tour - Idea's & Possible Configuration's
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 6, 2010 08:22

I quiet like the concept behind the Licks Tour. Different venue types and different set lists. They had to work harder and it showed. Some great shows during that tour. And add in more club shows with just the core band.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: August 6, 2010 15:14

I'm gonna say this again, 'cus I reckon it's a doozie.

Get out the Superbowl stage. tour Arenas. sell super expensive tickets to be in the middle of the tongue. Everybody else will be no further than halfway back.

Course an 'in the round will never happen, but U2 demonstrated how a concept can be taken to it's ultimate conclusion (so far) in stadiums. So why not

Incorporate the Licks philosophy. Have a Mega Tongue construction for stdiums and the 'bowl stage for arenas.

Yeah baby. I love it.

Never gonna happen, but I can dream can't I

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 6, 2010 15:59

Mick has said he doesnt like being 'in the round' for more than about 3-4 songs. Plus, the sound around the Stones b-stage is ALWAYS absolutely shite. Yet people put up with it just to experience the band being in the same zipcode as them for 15 minutes. Its a great viewing experience if youre close up but certainly not pleasant listening. Plus, I cant really see the attraction of a third of a crowd being behind the band for a full concert. Its a weird enough experience as it is if you're in the front few rows and they're playing 50 yards behind you on a b-stage. You certainly dont feel part of the audience.

B-stages and all this other pretentious nonsense have been flogged to death. No more, please. Lets focus on the music (and the performance) instead of hiding behind all this absurd gimmickry. It was fun two tours ago. When it gets to the stage where they're playing only warhorses on a b-stage then it defeats the purpose (seriously folks - if the Stones are playing 15 feet from you, they shouldnt feel the need to play Start Me Up and Honky Tonk Women to get a crowd excited. Remember when they used to play stuff like Little Queenie or Little Red Rooster on the b-stage?) I actually passed on the current U2 tour BECAUSE of the stage concept. It had got to the level where it had become simply absurdly overblown.

And I cant believe I'm reading a post which is actually encouraging the Stones to reduce the length of a show to 45 minutes AND jacking up the prices of such a show at the same time - and saying that by doing so we're 'cutting them a break'.

One born every minute.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-06 16:04 by Gazza.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 8, 2010 09:17

Gazza, they. are gonna charge us the earth anyway, lets just get over ticket prices and move on, Ticketmaster won.....

I believe a 16 - 18 song set of 60's only material would be fantastic, most of the early songs are what 2:30 to 2:45 in length if that...heck 45 mins of that intensity, in a hall of 1400 people, would be utterly fantastic... it'd be an opportuniy to relive an era our parents and grandparents had the chance to experience.

Plus with my Idea you could still see them outside or in the arena show.

Gazza
Mick has said he doesnt like being 'in the round' for more than about 3-4 songs. Plus, the sound around the Stones b-stage is ALWAYS absolutely shite. Yet people put up with it just to experience the band being in the same zipcode as them for 15 minutes. Its a great viewing experience if youre close up but certainly not pleasant listening. Plus, I cant really see the attraction of a third of a crowd being behind the band for a full concert. Its a weird enough experience as it is if you're in the front few rows and they're playing 50 yards behind you on a b-stage. You certainly dont feel part of the audience.

B-stages and all this other pretentious nonsense have been flogged to death. No more, please. Lets focus on the music (and the performance) instead of hiding behind all this absurd gimmickry. It was fun two tours ago. When it gets to the stage where they're playing only warhorses on a b-stage then it defeats the purpose (seriously folks - if the Stones are playing 15 feet from you, they shouldnt feel the need to play Start Me Up and Honky Tonk Women to get a crowd excited. Remember when they used to play stuff like Little Queenie or Little Red Rooster on the b-stage?) I actually passed on the current U2 tour BECAUSE of the stage concept. It had got to the level where it had become simply absurdly overblown.

And I cant believe I'm reading a post which is actually encouraging the Stones to reduce the length of a show to 45 minutes AND jacking up the prices of such a show at the same time - and saying that by doing so we're 'cutting them a break'.

One born every minute.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: August 8, 2010 13:25

Gazza

One born every minute.

You just love to pour cold water onto anything with a bit of glamour, get used to it, people love the theatrics, just because you don't! YES We all love the music and would love to see them in a small club but also we like the other ways they play and present themselves. Get a life for Gods sake!

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: August 8, 2010 16:30

I would love another Licks tour. Three shows in different size arenas, with different setlists. It was easily the greatest experience I've had with The Stones. I did the stunt in three cities, New York, Paris and Stockholm. I should have done them all.... She smiled sweetly at Roseland, Nearness of you at The Olympia and the f..cup of Stray cat blues at The Circus, just fantastic! I really really hope they will do something like that again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home