Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Latest RS.com pitch
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 11, 2010 21:50

We get these all the time -
"FREE Signed Licks Tour Litho With Purchase Of A Super Deluxe Litho Set"

--

okay - the $2500 SDLS comes with signed pieces from Mick Keith and Charlie (and a bunch of other crap) - and so now a band signed litho in addition -

I mean, this sort of thing is not for me on any level- but for a professional autograph collector/dealer - you could do worse I think - "official" Stones sigs - no?

Re: Latest RS.com pitch
Date: November 11, 2010 21:56

Great question - it's somewhat vague.

Matt Lee, any thoughts?

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 11, 2010 22:09

as a lithographer all I can say is: huge profit for RS.com!

if they aren't 'real' hand-signed lithos, then it is a hugely expensive rip-off.

if they ARE 'real' hand-signed lithos, then it is just hugely expensive (and still somewhat of a rip off).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 11, 2010 22:13

Gimmie 5 of 'em .....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 11, 2010 22:18

they're real signs - authenticated etc - that's why i asked

Date: November 11, 2010 22:58

Good call, Buffalo.

I had no idea they were "true signatures."
That might be a worthwhile investment, but
for that kind of dough...

Date: November 11, 2010 23:34

from the site:
"This super deluxe, limited edition box features 3 beautiful, hand-screen printed lithographs on museum quality 36” x 24” paper. Each lithograph will be hand numbered and is individually signed by either Mick, Keith or Charlie. Perfect for framing."

if these weren't signed for real - there'd be lawsuits galore

Posted by: R ()
Date: November 12, 2010 00:35

They've been trying to offload this crap for years. You can get a signed LP or CD on eBay any day of the week for $100 or less (unless the item is Mick Taylor or Brian Jones era. The you frame it archivally about $140 and OLA, a beautiful piece to hang on the wall

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 12, 2010 02:46

I think the deal is buy the 2500 dollar exile set and get the Licks litho free as a bonus. Doubt the litho is hand signed because it would be clearly announced and higher priced than the main item. Also, I might add RS.Com sent me an e-mail stating if I didn't renew my membership with them I would be dropped from their mailing list. However they sent me this latest "pitch". They can't even keep their promise to cut me loose, LOL. Still haven't received that fan club DVD, like many others on this board.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 12, 2010 03:09

I love the way its advertised as 'free', yet you've to spend $2,500 to be able to get this 'gift'. A bit like those 'free laminates' that you get with your $2,000 fanasylum tickets.

PT Barnum could teach rs.com nothing, and they apply WC Fields' 'Never give a sucker an even break' adage to the hilt.

They really do presume the fanbase is stupid. Not without good reason at times, it must be said.

Date: November 12, 2010 03:32

Gazza--beautifully stated, all around

Posted by: Woody24 ()
Date: November 12, 2010 04:01

R
They've been trying to offload this crap for years. You can get a signed LP or CD on eBay any day of the week for $100 or less (unless the item is Mick Taylor or Brian Jones era. The you frame it archivally about $140 and OLA, a beautiful piece to hang on the wall

Not saying this is a good deal, but at least you can have faith that they're authentic autographs. No such faith in anything from eBay.

"Take all the pain...It's yours anyway"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1647
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home