Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
No plans for Rolling Stones tour, says official spokesman
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:20

No plans for Rolling Stones tour, says official spokesman
Despite Keith Richards telling BBC 6Music that 'everybody's ready to go', the Rolling Stones press spokesman says there are no concrete plans in place to tour or release a new album

Tim Jonze
guardian.co.uk, Friday 5 November 2010 15.27 GMT

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones has denied rumours that the band are due to tour in 2011.

The rumours were sparked after Keith Richards told BBC 6Music that "everybody's ready to go out there again".

However a statement from the band's press office issued today says: "There are no concrete plans for the Rolling Stones to tour. The same applies to rumours that they are going into the studio soon to record a new album."

During the BBC interview, Richards had said: "Who said it should stop, and who said when? Only we will know when it comes to an end, with a crashing halt." He also added: "We're looking forward to working."

Earlier this week, Richards was quoted as saying: "After these many years working together, we have a lot of unfinished stuff to work on that we had to leave off the last album. Knowing Mick [Jagger], as I do, he's a very prolific writer. I have ideas [too] and we'll put them together in December or January." However, it has been stressed by the band's official spokesman that none of these plans are confirmed as yet.

The Rolling Stones will celebrate their 50th anniversary in 2012.

Re: No plans for Rolling Stones tour, says official spokesman
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:39

It was pretty obvious from the interview there were no concrete plans in place.The good thing is that Keith has said he wants to tour and as the Glimmer twins run the ship,I am very optimistic.I'm not too bothered about another album,but I do want to see them on tour.They got more than enough gems in their back catalogue !! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:50

there you have as for all the dreamers

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 5, 2010 20:51

it WILL happen

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:07

The CEO (Jagger) has the truth, no one else.

Posted by: hutz13 ()
Date: November 5, 2010 21:16

It's just like trades in professional sports, the General Manager states emphatically that player X will never be traded ... Next day that trade is announced. Everyone pretends to be surprised.

Ultimate Rock Music Poll
[www.squidoo.com]

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2010 23:14

crawdaddy
I do want to see them on tour.They got more than enough gems in their back catalogue !! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:36

As usual it was Keith talking shit,The Boss Mick Jagger will be the one deciding when and if The Stones tour again,and Keith will be relegated once again,as a sideman,with Blondie or whoever else they hire to cover for him on guitar.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:39

But,but,but,their has to be a tour. Their are 10 new threads every day claiming their is.eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:50

it will happen,,, but if it doesnt,,,

we know who can tour and make a profit and have fans attend,,

let loose the winos

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: November 6, 2010 00:56

Micks revenge....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 6, 2010 01:19

So what is actually wrong with four flicks?

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 01:40

It's already decided. The difference between concrete plans and plans stumped Plato for a moment but he got his head around it. Interesting to imagine Mick NOT at least asking Ron at some point, "So wat was it like playing with Taylor, everything good?" That is my fantasy that Mick and Ron and Keith would just blow out the doors if they rehearsed a time or two. Imo the tour an obvious done deal and by the time it's concrete they will have some venues secured etccc.

Date: November 6, 2010 02:32

there are no concrete plans. it's just wet cement right now. actually, the water and sand haven't even mixed yet.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 6, 2010 02:36

sweetcharmedlife
But,but,but,their has to be a tour. Their are 10 new threads every day claiming their is.eye popping smiley

thumbs up

Date: November 6, 2010 02:39

I have had three people call me or approach me in the last couple of days saying "Have you heard the news? The Stones are going on tour!", thinking they would share this big news flash with me because they know I am a Stones fan. I say the same to them as to everyone here: Let me know when there is an official announcement from their organization. Then, and only then, will there be a tour. This is a giant corporation that takes many months for the wheels to start moving again, and certainly no tour is going to be announced casually in a newspaper interview with Keith Richards. As his book fully attests, he does not have that power.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 6, 2010 02:52

I always tell them .............yes I know...........I already bought ONE ticket

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 6, 2010 05:28

Let's see, moving flat bed truck. No, too old, might totter over. Zeppelin? Been done. Railway car, ditto. Boat, damn, also done. Charlie, what should we do?

Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 6, 2010 05:53

24FPS
Let's see, moving flat bed truck. No, too old, might totter over. Zeppelin? Been done. Railway car, ditto. Boat, damn, also done. Charlie, what should we do?

Date: November 6, 2010 06:14

One word: Jetpacks

Posted by: mockingbird3 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 08:55

NICOS
I always tell them .............yes I know...........I already bought ONE ticket
lofl I'm stealing that one.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 6, 2010 09:06

NICOS

And they probably believe you did......

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 6, 2010 10:50

NICOS

LOL, good one. May I use that joke ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 6, 2010 12:12

mickijaggeroo
Micks revenge....

Same thought here...
(especially after Keith's quote on Jagger in the BBC tv interview: "Wait till I get him back to work!!" - that was a bit "...ouch!" in my book.)

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 6, 2010 12:45

happened the same thing last tour.
they will announce the tour around January i think (hope)
jeroen

Posted by: keefyboy ()
Date: November 6, 2010 13:31

Of cause they'll tour, in in the words "no Concrete plans" that means there are plans but it hasn't be finalised yet. If there were no plans at all the statement would have said "there are no plans" so saying concrete means its in the process, thats what i think anyway.

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: November 6, 2010 13:51

They could go for a submarine, a yellow one !

Date: November 6, 2010 15:00

mickijaggeroo
Micks revenge....

Haha...that is too funny .

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: November 6, 2010 15:21

The key word is concrete. This means they haven't had the press conference yet (as we all know), they haven't got Alan Dunn doing logistics yet, they haven't had 'their personal talk' about it. But, that said, I'd pretty much think that Mr. Keith Richards would have some idea if it's in the planning stages or not. It won't be concrete until we see the press conference.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 6, 2010 16:31

No doubt in the next few days some journalist will link this non-story to Mick's non-existent 'response' to Keith's book and tell us that both of them are proof that the band have all but split up.

And lots of people who should know better will fall for it all over again.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1482
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home