Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ladies and Gents: Can someone who has seen both DVD and Blu-ray give me a comparison. Picture quality only. thanks
Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: November 3, 2010 03:49

Have seen the DVD and am wondering if the Blu-ray is much better in terms of picture quality ? Worth buying the disc and a blu ray player ?

Re: Ladies and Gents: Can someone who has seen both DVD and Blu-ray give me a comparison. Picture quality only. thanks
Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: November 3, 2010 06:17

I'm sure someone else will answer, but if not I'll check for you. I bought both but haven't tried the blu ray yet as only my computer can play them and I haven't taken the time to hook it to the tv and play it. I just bought it to have it, just like in the past I'd buy the cassette and cd singles ect...the crazy things some of us fans do!

Re: Ladies and Gents: Can someone who has seen both DVD and Blu-ray give me a comparison. Picture quality only. thanks
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 3, 2010 07:36

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 3, 2010 11:14

I am not sure if it is THE film that would have made me upgrade to blu ray but the PQ is a significant improvement over the bootleg editions. Sorry I can't give you a comparison with the standard DVD version as I only own the blu.

Posted by: stonesseventytwo ()
Date: November 4, 2010 07:46

tumblingdice
I'm sure someone else will answer, but if not I'll check for you. I bought both but haven't tried the blu ray yet as only my computer can play them and I haven't taken the time to hook it to the tv and play it. I just bought it to have it, just like in the past I'd buy the cassette and cd singles ect...the crazy things some of us fans do!

TumblingDice:

Thanks. yes, please let me know. Am very curious. If blu ray is substantially better than the DVD then it warrants a purchase of a blu-ray player in my book. Thanks

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 4, 2010 08:40

IMO, a blurry image will stay blurry on Blu-ray just as much as on DVD, and some of the footage in L&G is kinda blurry...

The work made compared to the bootleg versions is great though.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 6, 2010 19:17

From that review I read
Doc
The supplements provided with this release are:

Tour Rehearsal (1.33:1; 480i/60; DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1):
“Shake Your Hips”
“Tumbling Dice”
“Bluesberry Jam”
Old Grey Whistle Test Interview (1.33:1; 480i/60; 0:05.43) — A 1972 interview with Mick Jagger from the Old Grey Whistle Test show.
So if you buy the Blu-ray you have the same extras that come with the Deluxe 3-dvd version?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 7, 2010 00:37

Only bother getting the blu-ray if you have a big screen hdtv with hdmi connections (and a blu-ray player, of course). Otherwise the standard dvd is plenty good enough (yes, I've seen and compared both).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-07 00:51 by shadooby.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 7, 2010 01:02

I went to the cinema to see the movie. But I didn't buy either the DVD or the blu-ray.
I was planning to buy the deluxe thing with the extra DVD and the stones in exile doc. But I already have stones in exile, so if effectively the blu-ray has the extras the de luxe has on its second dvd that would be cheaper for me.
Anybody knows about this?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1868
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home