Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Wingless Angels album signed by Keith
Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 3, 2010 10:05

im confused by this.isnt keith all about the music-the one who would play for free?

those super deluxe stones packages are all mick jagger and his greed remember.maybe greedy mick talked keith into this rip-off.he couldnt have done this on his own,he doesnt care about money.its all about his art and expressing his awesome soul and coolness.the record company maybe did this without telling him,yeah,yeah thats it.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 3, 2010 10:07

I think Keith is as in to money making as Mick.
Mick once said, that Keith is the first to moan
if there´s not enough money to gain.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: August 3, 2010 10:36

I don´t think that there is THAT much money in this project. This is a sidestep of KR Solo. So how many solo LPs does he sell these days...They can overprice it, and sure it is but they don´t make money with this.
Other question: why buying the double cd when owning the first one already

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: August 3, 2010 11:41

LeonidP
just get the 9.99 version (999)

...as far as I understand it, there IS no (CD-)version of the second album alone. I can only find the 'double album'-edition... The one you're talking about here is a download-only, right?!
If I'm wrong, can somebody please direct me to the place where I can pre-order/ buy the "Wingless Angels II"-CD(!) ?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: August 3, 2010 14:46

I ordered just the double cd. It´s very nice. The mp3 version is cool and the songs have a peaceful atmosphere. I thinked the video great with very good images. I would love a signed box but 500 dollars is much for me.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 3, 2010 15:24

500 dollars would be a decent price if this a limited numbered edition of say 100 copies worldwide. Now we're supposed to cough the big buck and we don't even know how many will be made...

And the wooden box is not exactly eco-friendly. Cutting trees to sell CDs? Pfff...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-03 15:27 by dcba.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:36

lem motlow
im confused by this.isnt keith all about the music-the one who would play for free?

those super deluxe stones packages are all mick jagger and his greed remember.maybe greedy mick talked keith into this rip-off.he couldnt have done this on his own,he doesnt care about money.its all about his art and expressing his awesome soul and coolness.the record company maybe did this without telling him,yeah,yeah thats it.

there's not that much to be confused by. it's not the Stones so much as the record companies. they know there are die-hard fans that will buy an actual piece of shit, and even pay more if it comes directly from the toilet of a Stones member. this will continue and only get worse. i stay away from the 'special' editions or 'signed' editions. i don't have any care if they will be worth more or not. i buy cheap, and if i can't find it cheap, then i find somewhere to download it for free.

it's such an obvious scam - older bands don't make as much as newer hip-hop bands with the younger fan-base, at least not on new albums. so they have to keep re-releasing older albums with 'bonus' tracks/demos/etc. to keep the same fans buying the same albums over and over. or on newer albums, they will have special versions with a lame-ass dvd or signed edition or whatever and charge a few hundred more bucks. i don't blame them, i see the amount of people that post here and don't have any problem with the prices, so they might as well keep doing it -- people will always buy shit.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 3, 2010 21:59

Back to the music, I downloaded the second album, and it is just stunningly beautiful. Highly recommended, no matter what the packaging looks like.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 6, 2010 03:35

Let's do the math here. Assuming Keith signs 3 box sets a minute, he'll blow through all 100 limited editions in just over half an hour. 100 box sets @ $500 bucks each means the gross revenue is $50,000. Not bad for a half hour's work!!

Drew

Date: August 6, 2010 11:38

LeonidP
lem motlow

there's not that much to be confused by. it's not the Stones so much as the record companies. they know there are die-hard fans that will buy an actual piece of shit, and even pay more if it comes directly from the toilet of a Stones member. this will continue and only get worse. i stay away from the 'special' editions or 'signed' editions. i don't have any care if they will be worth more or not. i buy cheap, and if i can't find it cheap, then i find somewhere to download it for free.

it's such an obvious scam - older bands don't make as much as newer hip-hop bands with the younger fan-base, at least not on new albums. so they have to keep re-releasing older albums with 'bonus' tracks/demos/etc. to keep the same fans buying the same albums over and over. or on newer albums, they will have special versions with a lame-ass dvd or signed edition or whatever and charge a few hundred more bucks. i don't blame them, i see the amount of people that post here and don't have any problem with the prices, so they might as well keep doing it -- people will always buy shit.

i dont know what makes you look more like a freakin tool,the fact that you didnt get that i was being sarcastic or that you actually blamed the record company instead of the money grubber that put out a below average reggae record in a wooden box,signed his name to it and tried to charge some sucker $500 for it.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 6, 2010 15:06

dcba
500 dollars would be a decent price if this a limited numbered edition of say 100 copies worldwide. Now we're supposed to cough the big buck and we don't even know how many will be made...

And the wooden box is not exactly eco-friendly. Cutting trees to sell CDs? Pfff...

I thought I'd read that the box was made out of hemp, which wouldn't be a big deal, as hemp grows far faster than a tree >grinning smiley<

Date: August 6, 2010 22:48

lem motlow
LeonidP
lem motlow

i dont know what makes you look more like a freakin tool,the fact that you didnt get that i was being sarcastic or that you actually blamed the record company instead of the money grubber that put out a below average reggae record in a wooden box,signed his name to it and tried to charge some sucker $500 for it.

i'm not sure what makes you more of a douche, the fact that you state you're being sarcastic but yet continue to post that it was the fault of the artist -- or the fact that you don't realize that the artist is not involved most times in things like this, i.e. getting heaving pressure from the record companies to have deluxe versions, bsides etc to make more dough off the fans, including many times where i've seen artists make statements against their record company (example: pearl jam) for such shenanigans.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 6, 2010 22:54

While we're busy calling each other douches and tools (great name for a chain of stores by the way), it might be worthwhile recalling that when speaking of the Stones, the artist owns the product and the record company is just a distributor. The same goes for WINGLESS ANGELS which Keith owns outright.

Date: August 6, 2010 23:00

Rocky Dijon
While we're busy calling each other douches and tools (great name for a chain of stores by the way), it might be worthwhile recalling that when speaking of the Stones, the artist owns the product and the record company is just a distributor. The same goes for WINGLESS ANGELS which Keith owns outright.

Good point - either way, I meant that usually the artist themselves are not the one making these decisions ... someone posted the other day about how, after Voodoo was completed, and Mick wanted to relax, that Don Was (or maybe it was someone else) kept after him about recording more tracks for the b-sides. In other words, it's the powers that be - that decide they need to be creative and find ways to milk more money, and many times the artists aren't even aware of it. My Pearl Jam example - when they found out that their singles were only being released overseas (meaning not in US) they had a cow and finally insisted that all had to be re-released in US so that their fans could get them for a reasonable $4.99 price rather than $12.99 for the overseas price. Also, it wasn't the Stones idea for the exile deluxe release either, again pressure from above. i'm reasonable certain that Keith isn't the one that put the $500 price on the signed deluxe version, albeit I think it's a crime nevertheless

Date: August 7, 2010 09:39

Rocky Dijon

thank you rocky,i guess that was a quick way of telling junior that the stones arent pearl jam.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: August 7, 2010 10:04

BAD price - NO nice price

Date: August 7, 2010 21:18

lem motlow
Rocky Dijon

thank you rocky,i guess that was a quick way of telling junior that the stones arent pearl jam.

the argument is with me ... if you can't compete, don't play. The fact is, it's highly unlikely keith set the price, and possibly doesn't even know how much it goes for ... this goes for most bands (& members) that have managers and don't run the business themselves. Pearl Jam was just one example. If you can't follow this, I can draw a flowchart - might make it easier for you to follow.

Date: August 8, 2010 11:14

o.k i'll play-lets assume you're correct and i'm just not grasping what you're are saying .

but i have one request,at least allow for the outside chance that the stones and their members may just be slightly unique in the recording industry here in 2010.

sooo lets leave all other recording artists out of it and you explain to me the interworkings of the record company,the people who run it,the contract signed etc in regards to keiths raggae record.

words like "highly unlikely" and "possibly" sound an awful lot like someone talking out of their ass.so just give me all the background on mindless records or whoever released this moneygrab ,who owns it etc and we'll take it from there.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 8, 2010 19:41

bustedtrousers
Signed deluxe edition is a ridiculous $500.00. Overpriced rip-off, no thanks.

yep..what a joke. "...out of touch my baby" (Out of Time)

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 8, 2010 19:45

drewmaster
Assuming Keith signs 3 box sets a minute

??? Probably 6 per minute....unless the arthritis kicks in.

IORR............but I like it!

Date: August 9, 2010 12:20

lem motlow
o.k i'll play-lets assume you're correct and i'm just not grasping what you're are saying .

but i have one request,at least allow for the outside chance that the stones and their members may just be slightly unique in the recording industry here in 2010.

sooo lets leave all other recording artists out of it and you explain to me the interworkings of the record company,the people who run it,the contract signed etc in regards to keiths raggae record.

words like "highly unlikely" and "possibly" sound an awful lot like someone talking out of their ass.so just give me all the background on mindless records or whoever released this moneygrab ,who owns it etc and we'll take it from there.

words like "highly unlikely" and "possibly" mean simply that ... i don't know for sure. neither do you, but yet you try to appear as if you have it all figured out. and why leave the other bands/artists out of it??? that's what the whole basis of what my point is. heh, even a local band i saw about a year ago had a girl (likely one of their girlfriends) selling cds at a table near the stage ... i thought the band was decent and figured I'd buy their cd, asked her how much, and she said $15. i said 'no thanks' and started to walk away and she called me back and asked how much i would pay ... i said $8 and she said 'sold' -- she didn't go ask the band if that was an ok price, she made the decision herself.

so stop with the condescending know-it-all crap - you know @#$%& all about it... neither of us do. i'm just willing to go with my theory that keith likely did not set the price. if you want to believe he did, fine.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 9, 2010 13:19

keef wont get the money.
he has mentioned this in an interview. the money will go to the Justin Hinds, one of the singers, who has died recently.
I agree its still a lot of money.
i wonder why we cant buy just one cd, the new one.
jeroen

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: August 19, 2010 11:36

I can't get on this site at work. Does anybody know what the UK prices (inc delivery) are?

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 20, 2010 00:16

Has anybody in the UK bought WA from the store? If so what's the postage?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1940
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home