Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fortune Teller Says Keith Richards Will Soon Silence His Critics! And That's Not All She Has To Say!
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: October 3, 2010 21:06

Yes folks, it has gotten that serious. Had to take this one to my beautiful Fortune Teller, and here is what she had to say.

#1. Keith is determined to prove his critics wrong and is in the best shape (physically and mentally) in many many years. He has overcome some of the medical issues (related to his accident) that plagued him on the last tour and has cut way back on his drinking. His arthritis, (though bothersome) will not be a major factor during the upcoming tour and he will prove that by punching old Stonescrow squarely in the mouth for even raising questions about his abilities! She also said he is considering using lighter guitar strings next time around to assist him in his playing. Yes, the rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated.

#2. Soon after the summit meeting (in December or January) the Stones will begin work on a new album at various locations resulting in them ultimately coming together (in studio) for it's completion sometime during the late spring or early summer of 2011. When I asked her about whether Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman would be rejoining the band (including guest appearances, etc.) she said she would have to get back to me on that one as her crystal ball grew cloudy.

#3. Sometime in the late spring of 2011 the Stones will announce their plans for a new world tour and the release of their new album. The new album (folksy blues, by the way) will be released sometime during the mid summer and will rise to #1 in the UK and will be hailed by critics as their best work since Black And Blue.

#4. The new tour (consisting of stadium, arena, and theater shows) will kick off sometime in late summer (2011) in North America and run through the following 50th anniversary summer of 2012 culminating in a grand climax at Twickenham Stadium in London in late August. All shows will feature at least six songs from the new album with less emphasis on the warhorses as in past tours and ticket prices will be surprisingly reasonable resulting in near sellouts at every stop along the way.

#5. The tour will be a smashing success (in all aspects) as the Stones will deliver one last 'miracle for the ages' and go out in a blaze of glory, silencing their critics, (once and for all) and bringing great great joy to all of us here in Stonesland!

So there you have it, straight from the crystal ball of the Fortune Teller! Never shall you doubt these old rocker geezers again!

Re: Fortune Teller Says Keith Richards Will Soon Silence His Critics! And That's Not All She Has To Say!
Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: October 3, 2010 21:11

if this is true, cool. But c'mon..fortune teller?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Fortune Teller Says Keith Richards Will Soon Silence His Critics! And That's Not All She Has To Say!
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 3, 2010 21:16

Crack kills.

Date: October 3, 2010 21:35

Pelle
if this is true, cool. But c'mon..fortune teller?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yes, and she is drop dead gorgeous!

Date: October 3, 2010 21:46

Edith Grove
Crack kills.

Terrible stuff. I have a brother who was on it for over twenty years. Thank God he was finally able to kick it, however, there are definitely lingering effects. Me? Naw, I am just naturally nuts, as you all should know by now.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 3, 2010 21:57

If you're not on crack maybe meth is a plausible explanation? moody smiley

Date: October 3, 2010 22:04

dcba
If you're not on crack maybe meth is a plausible explanation? moody smiley

Do you honestly believe that what the Fortune Teller has declared is that far fetched?

Date: October 3, 2010 22:07

stonescrow
Pelle

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 3, 2010 22:14

You lost me at 'reasonable ticket prices'.
Yeah... RIGHT!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 3, 2010 22:32

Interesting Stonescrow, interesting that you sought information from a fortune taker...of course some of this nonsense could actually occur and thereby justify everything she told you, or, as is usually the case with fortune takers only what happens is remembered, the other stuff is conveniently forgotten or dismissed. Thankfully I know you were not entirely serious in this post so it's more humorous than anything else. I did laugh at the bit about Keith is gonna use lighter strings for his arthritis!

Now where did I put that cheese

Date: October 3, 2010 22:44

Why don't you ever hear of a fortune teller winning the lottery?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 3, 2010 22:53

Edith Grove

Ah well Edith, they have a very clever answer for such logical questions....they say they are not allowed to financially benefit from their predictions etc' of course they conveniantly overlook the whole 'cross my palm with silver' thing, but that is the nature of these charlatans.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 3, 2010 22:59

Well, I guess we can all relax then and look forward to the goodies to come.

Tell me something though, when looking at the fortune teller, did you feel "lo-ove, lo-ove"?

Date: October 3, 2010 23:00

crumbling_mice
Interesting Stonescrow, interesting that you sought information from a fortune taker...of course some of this nonsense could actually occur and thereby justify everything she told you, or, as is usually the case with fortune takers only what happens is remembered, the other stuff is conveniently forgotten or dismissed. Thankfully I know you were not entirely serious in this post so it's more humorous than anything else. I did laugh at the bit about Keith is gonna use lighter strings for his arthritis!

Now where did I put that cheese

By all means no literal Fortune Teller was sought out here, just kind of the "optimistic me" speculating on how it all may go down. Of course, the "pessimistic me" sometimes sees the end of the world before the next tour even begins.

Date: October 3, 2010 23:05

71Tele
Well, I guess we can all relax then and look forward to the goodies to come.

Tell me something though, when looking at the fortune teller, did you feel "lo-ove, lo-ove"?

My fantasy Fortune Teller looks like Nikita on the new hit television series of the same name.

Date: October 3, 2010 23:10

stonescrow
By all means no literal Fortune Teller was sought out here

Ah, must have been the mechanical kind. Those things are always right.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:11

are you sure the fortune teller isnt Al 'Madame Zelda' Bundy???smiling smiley

Date: October 3, 2010 23:16

Edith Grove

Maybe that explains why she couldn't tell me about Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor's role in the next tour?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:16

KR definetely has something left in the tank for sure ....more over his recent challenges..his health his wife's all grist for the mill...I wouldn't underestimate this man one bit.

Date: October 3, 2010 23:22

Rip This
KR definetely has something left in the tank for sure ....more over his recent challenges..his health his wife's all grist for the mill...I wouldn't underestimate this man one bit.

He definitely is one tough old bird.

Date: October 3, 2010 23:27

Doctor Dear!
are you sure the fortune teller isnt Al 'Madame Zelda' Bundy???smiling smiley

Must have missed that episode. Sounds hilarious. We are talking the Al Bundy of Married with Children are we not?

Date: October 3, 2010 23:29

jamesfdouglas

You lost me at 'reasonable ticket prices'.
Yeah... RIGHT!

Well, a Fortune Teller does have some limitations I suppose.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:39

The Stones will never ever break up. If they are all well they will do selected shows 10 years from now.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:44

stonescrow
Pelle

Is she a Gipsy? I can trust only to Gipsy fortune teller

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 3, 2010 23:51

My gosh, who doesn't love the Iguanas? Best rendition of Fortune Teller ever. Thanks for posting that, Edith.

Date: October 3, 2010 23:51

proudmary
stonescrow
Pelle

Is she a Gipsy? I can trust only to Gipsy fortune teller

She is anything you want her to be.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 4, 2010 00:40

ha ha ha ha! Another one loses her/his mind. And here people are discussing the contents in that post.. Well, Good night!

Date: October 4, 2010 00:47

Addicted
ha ha ha ha! Another one loses her/his mind. And here people are discussing the contents in that post.. Well, Good night!

Nobody has lost their mind. This is a serious post just done in a semi humorous way. Two years from now you will look back on this post and realize that at least 90% of what was predicted will have come true.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 4, 2010 01:12

stonescrow
Edith Grove

Maybe that explains why she couldn't tell me about Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor's role in the next tour?

Because even fortune tellers know better than to lie about things that will never come true?

Date: October 4, 2010 01:29

More Hot Rocks
The Stones will never ever break up. If they are all well they will do selected shows 10 years from now.

I agree, however, the next tour just has to be the last major tour. I can see them maybe doing some mini tours for some time after. But like you say it all boils down to health, and of course let's not forget desire.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home