Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ronnie Wood 1234
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 28, 2010 22:11

Bob, unlike many rabid Stones enthusiasts, is able to appreciate the talents of both Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 28, 2010 23:31

Are Priceless and Outlaws out there on youtube? If they are...sure hard to find...

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 28, 2010 23:35

Rocky Dijon
Bob, unlike many rabid Stones enthusiasts, is able to appreciate the talents of both Mick Taylor and Ronnie Wood.

or maybe to ignore the shortcomings of both?

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: July 28, 2010 23:51

Tomaaa!!!!!
Out Bulls in Catalonia, vaaamosss!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Date: July 28, 2010 23:56

Vamosssss Great, great these people!!
where are they from!!

Vammmossssss!!

Date: July 29, 2010 00:17

don´t find priceless!!!!
on youtube of course,

carlitos
tenerife

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: July 29, 2010 00:54

VoodooLounge13
Absolutely his best, IMO!!!

Oh, come on !!
I'd say he was on rock bottom at that time and it's one of his worst.
But still 2- 3 good songs on the album.

But his best? Did you listen to his other stuff?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 29, 2010 10:14

It´s Ronnie with Totta´s Bluesband...touring Sweden -87 or - 88, me thinks...

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: January 27, 2012 13:34

Hi all,

I bought this on Vinyl when it first came out and I have great memories of that era. The LP did not survive my divorce though.

I cannot seem to find the cd anywhere. It is on Amazon, but I cannot purchase it there from the Netherlands. Can someone help me in getting this (in MP3)?

Cheers,
Fred

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 27, 2012 13:41

1234.....still available on CD outta Japan .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: January 27, 2012 14:12

Hi Rockman, Thanks. I read that in the threat somewhere, but how can I purchase it in Japan?

Date: January 27, 2012 14:25

[www.cduniverse.com] (Japan)

[www.musicstack.com] (Music Stack)

[itunes.apple.com] (iTunes)

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 27, 2012 14:47

jagger even introduces ronnie during the 1981 tour as...ronnie "1234" wood

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 21:00

carlitosbaez
I really liked this record always underrated everywhere, I know not here, but no too many people know this one.Why this record is so difficult to find, do ypu have the credits? A really good one staff over there, Waddy Wachtel, Bobby Womack, Jim Keltner, Ian McLagan, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Carmine Appice, Charlie Watts, and the beautiful vocals of friends such Dylan, Stones,The Supremes, Pointer Sisters, etc (Anita, Clyde, and Sherlie), a good record to play this summer!!
Any opinion or stories about this 1234.
I read once the song Redeyes was inspired by Jagger, why, don´t know!Really good one song!!
Really like wind Howlin´through,priceless,1234, redeyes, and that kinda reggae in she was out there...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Agree! Some great stuff that I still listen to...Worry No More, Outlaws, FUC Her...these tunes rock!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 27, 2012 22:00

stonesdan60
carlitosbaez
I really liked this record always underrated everywhere, I know not here, but no too many people know this one.Why this record is so difficult to find, do ypu have the credits? A really good one staff over there, Waddy Wachtel, Bobby Womack, Jim Keltner, Ian McLagan, Nicky Hopkins, Bobby Keys, Carmine Appice, Charlie Watts, and the beautiful vocals of friends such Dylan, Stones,The Supremes, Pointer Sisters, etc (Anita, Clyde, and Sherlie), a good record to play this summer!!
I read once the song Redeyes was inspired by Jagger, why, don´t know!Really good one song!!
Really like wind Howlin´through,priceless,1234, redeyes, and that kinda reggae in she was out there...

Carlitos
Tenerife

Agree! Some great stuff that I still listen to...Worry No More, Outlaws, FUC Her...these tunes rock!

items 1 & 3 on your list are on the album's predecessor, gimme some neck....

Posted by: The Wick ()
Date: January 27, 2012 23:41

I thought his stretch of solo stuff from I've Got My Own Album to Do to 1234 were all outstanding. A little rough, could have done with some better lyrics, but I still love listening to all of them. It's also frustrating because I think it shows that he could have been a much more significant musical force in the music world in general if he had worked at honing his craft instead of being the court jester. 1234 is one of the greatest opening tracks to any album ever.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 27, 2012 23:48

The Wick
I thought his stretch of solo stuff from I've Got My Own Album to Do to 1234 were all outstanding.

Yes indeed. Even Gimme Some Neck is excellent, despite of the slick 80s kind of mix. That album deserves a new mix. Not that I think they will do that

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 28, 2012 16:07

StonesTod
stonesdan60
carlitosbaez

Carlitos
Tenerife

items 1 & 3 on your list are on the album's predecessor, gimme some neck....

Damn - I knew that! Oh well, I had just woke up and was half asleep when I wrote that. Anyway, I love 1234...and my mistakes show my obvious appreciation for Gimme Some Neck! Pardon my cranial malfunction! smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home