Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: My secret affair with Mick (Taylor ) Skegness Rock and Blues 2010
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:44

Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned

Don't believe thatsmiling smiley

You don't believe what ? You don't believe I am a mentalist or you don't believe in mentalism ?

I don't believe you're a mentalist, but I do believe in mentalism. My brother and sister are both succesfull shrinks. That explains my behaviour on this board.cool smiley

Of course I am not;you know I was teasing you.Or I would be a very mediocre/paltry one :-)
The proof is that I didn't want to believe Kleermaker was Dutch cool smiley
But honestly-sorry to go out of topic right now - mentalism ,ima,has more things to do -or should have- with clairvoyance,analysis & photographic memory rather than mediumship.

I never went to see a shrinks myself,but I sometimes have serious doubts about their claivoyance.

So do I.
Btw,You're a master in going of topic...smiling smiley

Oops,Of topic & not "Out of topic" ....
Well, let's say I am a master in "brouiller les pistes " (covering one's tracks /confusing matters )

So let's go back to Mr Taylor ,btw,great video you've posted.I once said "my heart belongs to Ronnie" -as a guitarist with the Stones but it seems the more it goes ,the more I would have liked to see taylor playing with the Stones.
So thanks to you & some other posters here (I am not sarcastic)
but if the Stones ever tour again with Ronnie,I'll be there

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:58

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones
Amsterdamned

Don't believe thatsmiling smiley

You don't believe what ? You don't believe I am a mentalist or you don't believe in mentalism ?

I don't believe you're a mentalist, but I do believe in mentalism. My brother and sister are both succesfull shrinks. That explains my behaviour on this board.cool smiley

Of course I am not;you know I was teasing you.Or I would be a very mediocre/paltry one :-)
The proof is that I didn't want to believe Kleermaker was Dutch cool smiley
But honestly-sorry to go out of topic right now - mentalism ,ima,has more things to do -or should have- with clairvoyance,analysis & photographic memory rather than mediumship.

I never went to see a shrinks myself,but I sometimes have serious doubts about their claivoyance.

So do I.
Btw,You're a master in going of topic...smiling smiley

Oops,Of topic & not "Out of topic" ....
Well, let's say I am a master in "brouiller les pistes " (covering one's tracks /confusing matters )

So let's go back to Mr Taylor ,btw,great video you've posted.I once said "my heart belongs to Ronnie" -as a guitarist with the Stones but it seems the more it goes ,the more I would have liked to see taylor playing with the Stones.
So thanks to you & some other posters here (I am not sarcastic)
but if the Stones ever tour again with Ronnie,I'll be there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-29 18:20 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 29, 2010 17:20

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones

Split personality ?cool smiley

Miss SwayStones, what's your profession? cool smiley

Mentalist :-):-)

Sooooo....spilt personality or unknown twin brother ?

Spilt personality??? Thát sounds confusing. Or was that a Freudian slip?

Amsterdamned, maybe it's a bit disappointing for you to hear, but I don't consider myself a Taylorite or a Taylorist or whatever they call it. I simply think that the Stones ended as a relevant performing band on stage when Taylor quit.

Let me put it this way. Once I had a short conversation with someone who believes in conspiracy theories and who also is a fan of the Stones, especially of the Taylor-era Stones. I said something like this to him: "The Stones ceased to exist after Taylor left. Instead of them some obscure entertainment rock showband persons entered the stage, lookalikes of the former members and 'augmented' by someone who plays air guitar and smokes all the time. This is the only conspiracy theory that is really true."

BTW: Indeed, the very first video of this thread is extremely out of tune. I don't care what the reason is, but one can hear that the guitarist has a very fine tone. The same musician usually doesn't play out of tune when he's okay and he seldom or never did when playing with the Stones.

Date: July 29, 2010 18:07

kleermaker
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones

Amsterdamned, maybe it's a bit disappointing for you to hear, but I don't consider myself a Taylorite or a Taylorist or whatever they call it. I simply think that the Stones ended as a relevant performing band on stage when Taylor quit.

Let me put it this way. Once I had a short conversation with someone who believes in conspiracy theories and who also is a fan of the Stones, especially of the Taylor-era Stones. I said something like this to him: "persons entered the stage, lookalikes of the former members and 'augmented' by someone who plays air guitar and smokes all the time. This is the only conspiracy theory that is really true."

BTW: Indeed, the very first video of this thread is extremely out of tune. I don't care what the reason is, but one can hear that the guitarist has a very fine tone. The same musician usually doesn't play out of tune when he's okay and he seldom or never did when playing with the Stones.

Watch out,Miss SwayStones is going to believe Ive got an unknown twin brother..cause I agree ..The Stones ceased to exist after Taylor left,at least as a serious performing guitar band. And my 0,2 concert in '76 ..well you had your doubts about '76 too.By '81 I almost had forgotten the Stones..just followed them very distant ..but then we have got IORR. Makes it easy to dream about the good old days.
Anyway ,I'am glad there are at least a few people here to chat with every now and then,without getting into a rough and tumble,as the Stones are about fun,and not to be taken too serious musically over the last 35 years,imo.

Still strange your comment on my clip came earlier then I posted .. I don't get it. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-29 18:13 by Amsterdamned.

Date: July 29, 2010 18:25

Amsterdamned
kleermaker
SwayStones
Amsterdamned
SwayStones

Let me put it this way. Once I had a short conversation with someone who believes in conspiracy theories and who also is a fan of the Stones, especially of the Taylor-era Stones. I said something like this to him: "persons entered the stage, lookalikes of the former members and 'augmented' by someone who plays air guitar and smokes all the time. This is the only conspiracy theory that is really true."

Watch out,Miss SwayStones is going to believe Ive got an unknown twin brother..cause I agree ..The Stones ceased to exist after Taylor left,at least as a serious performing guitar band. And my 0,2 concert in '76 ..well you had your doubts about '76 too.By '81 I almost had forgotten the Stones..just followed them very distant ..but then we have got IORR. Makes it easy to dream about the good old days.
Anyway ,I'am glad there are at least a few people here to chat with every now and then,without getting into a rough and tumble,as the Stones are about fun,and not to be taken too serious musically over the last 35 years,imo.

Still strange your comment on my clip came earlier then I posted .. I don't get it. smiling smiley

Think about it (lent from Beely).

Date: September 26, 2010 22:31

kleermaker

Watch out,Miss SwayStones is going to believe Ive got an unknown twin brother..cause I agree ..The Stones ceased to exist after Taylor left,at least as a serious performing guitar band. . smiling smiley

at least as a serious performing guitar band

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 26, 2010 22:56

I love it !thumbs up

Date: September 26, 2010 22:57

SwayStones

I love it !thumbs up

SwayStones, you make my day!smoking smiley

Date: September 26, 2010 23:09

Amsterdamned

SwayStones, you make my day!smoking smiley

Of course ,I didn't smoking smiley
But I do like Taylor when he plays "Sway" grinning smiley

Date: September 26, 2010 23:19

Whatever,I like it too.

Bon nuit.winking smiley

Date: September 26, 2010 23:50

Amsterdamned
Whatever,I like it too.

Bon nuit.winking smiley

You don't like it,do you ? You love it ,right ?
Truely/Honeslty speaking, I liked very very much the "secret affair "video you posted .

I'd give a lot to be able to see the Stones ,back in 1972 with Taylor.
He was the best ,you're right !
But see, I enjoyed so much Ronnie's solos since my 1st show had Ronnie on guitar ...
pfff...it was a long time ago ,but now you know why I enjoyed Ronnie Wood on guitar .winking smiley

5:20/7:30

Goedenacht .
Sway

Date: September 27, 2010 00:06

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
Whatever,I like it too.

Bon nuit.winking smiley

Truely/Honeslty speaking, I liked very very much the "secret affair "video you posted .

But see, I enjoyed so much Ronnie's solos since my 1st show had Ronnie on guitar ...
pfff...it was a long time ago ,but now you know why I enjoyed Ronnie Wood on guitar .winking smiley

Goedenacht .
Sway

(I always thought it is: bonne nuit)

As for Ronnie Woody, my 2nd show had Ronnie on guitar too. I didn't find it that bad but it was absolutely nothing compared to Taylor in 1973. As if I saw and heard a totally different band. The show in Rotterdam 1973 was STUNNING, I still dream about it, after all those years. Den Haag 1976 wasn't anything more than just okay. Never dreamt about it.

When you've seen and heard L&G in the theatre, with good and loud sound, then you have a tiny bit of an impression of how great it was back then in Rotterdam. The sound there was terrific and REAL loud as well!

Date: September 27, 2010 00:11

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
Whatever,I like it too.

Bon nuit.winking smiley

Goedenacht .
Sway

I'am glad for you enjoying Ron here.
Each his own.
He doesn't move me though, as we say in Dutch: "Een losse flodder solo" smileys with beer

Date: September 27, 2010 00:12

kleermaker
.(I always thought it is: bonne nuit)

.!

You are right .
But I am a real "Gentle(wo)man ,that' why I didn't quote it .Get it ?

Date: September 27, 2010 00:24

Amsterdamned

I'am glad for you enjoying Ron here.
Each his own.
He doesn't move me though, as we say in Dutch: "Een losse flodder solo" smileys with beer

Ha, ha, "een losse flodder solo"! Funnily said. But this one is the standard. This is what you can call 'a solo'. No, it's rather a story, told by a voice in the form of a guitar:

Date: September 27, 2010 00:38

Thanks Kleer,at least a bit of adult education .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 00:52 by Amsterdamned.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:23

SwayStones
Amsterdamned
Whatever,I like it too.

Bon nuit.winking smiley

Goedenacht .
Sway

Really bad solo IMHO, specially from around 6:40 till the end. He seemed to ran out of ideas.

Date: September 29, 2010 17:40

kleermaker
As for Ronnie Woody, my 2nd show had Ronnie on guitar too. I didn't find it that bad but it was absolutely nothing compared to Taylor in 1973. As if I saw and heard a totally different band. .

Honestly ,I think I can hear & understand what you write here .
What ?
Are you surprised ?smiling smiley

But the part of your post that bothers me ,kleermaker,is that you seem to focus SO MUCH on Taylor .....Get it ?
Going from Taylor to Wood has changed for sure the wayhow the Stones sounded, but it's a long way home to say that they were two different bands.
It's like if you go back/break everything the Stones has done since 73.

Keith was/sounded different as well in 1976 compared to 1973,wasn't he ?
Jagger was TOTALLY different himself -see L& G and then,"Les Stones aux Abattoirs" ......

See, the band didn't rested only on Taylor's head ....

What do you think ?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1920
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home