Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: What's Your Rolling Stones Show Count?
Posted by: Halup ()
Date: July 27, 2010 20:25

29 shows from 1981-2006, plus 2 Keith, 1 Mick Taylor, 1 Ronnie Wood with Rod Stewart

22 of those were in the US (81,94,97,98,99,02,03,05,06) 3 in Holland (03), 1 in Japan (98), 1 in UK (99), 1 in Germany (99), 1 in Brazil (06).

My biggest regret is completely missing the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-27 20:25 by Halup.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 27, 2010 20:46

duke richardson
mickscarey
251 starting at MSG in 1969

you've seen the Stones 251 times, mickscarey?

man thats a lot of shows! were/are you employed by them? just askin,...
No, but once I got the inside track thru Freddie S and JC it just resulted in me going to MANY more shows than I normally would have.

Date: July 27, 2010 20:47

Gazza
mickscarey

So, you've attended over a quarter of the 1,100-odd shows they've played since MSG '69? That would be quite an achievement considering theyve only played around 530 in the whole of the US and Canada in all that time.

I smell a very strong waft of bullshit.

That's fine but if you saw my credit cards...

Date: July 27, 2010 20:48

colonial
mickscarey
..251 starting at MSG in 1969
mickscarey.. ya been to 251 Rolling Stones concerts gee thats alot so what sort of money would that of all cost it would have to be right up there in the 10s of thousands of dollars surely

$TONE$ TICKETS X 251 = $..?
WAY more than that. Could have ought a nice big house.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 27, 2010 21:10

10 Stones since 1981
New Barbarians - 1979
Winos - 1988
Ronnie Wood - early 90's

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: July 27, 2010 21:15

Buenos Aires 95 - 1 show
Buenos Aires 98 - 3 shows
Rio de Janeiro 2006 - Copacabana
Buenos Aires 2006 - 2 shows

7 shows for a boy born in Uruguay in 1970 ... I can't complain!
Congrats to those who could see them in the sixties, seventies and eighties!

Cheers!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2010 21:22

mickscarey
Gazza
mickscarey

So, you've attended over a quarter of the 1,100-odd shows they've played since MSG '69? That would be quite an achievement considering theyve only played around 530 in the whole of the US and Canada in all that time.

I smell a very strong waft of bullshit.

That's fine but if you saw my credit cards...

LOL Good answer. I always say that I'm still paying off mine from the '95 tour. I've never recovered since.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 27, 2010 21:49

Quite a few shows so far. I gave up counting when I was sitting in East Village NYC some years ago, making a list of shows I had attended, and then realized I had forgot about an entire tour leg. The number is not important. What is important is that you get Satisfaction, through the number of shows you need in order to get Satisfaction.

People do ask me why I go to all these shows. Why? Because it is just like following your team, football or ice hockey. They have good days and they have bad days. But the Stones are exceptional. Their performance depend on many things. Their general "mood". Ups and downs. Weather. Crowd. Set list. Venue. It is coming to a point on a tour when you sense they are booming. For some reason that does often happen in the NYC area during September, 1-2 months into the tour. Then the shows simply get better and better. And if you are "on" the tour you will be lucky to hit the "jackput" i.e. that single show where everybody, including the band and the crowd, simply boost into the best show of the entire tour.

If you go to one or a few shows you may get a lot of satisfaction, but for me, I am crazy about being there when they hit the jackpot. It might happen in Wichita, Hartford, MSG NYC, River Plate Stadium BA, or other places. Nothing compares to that moment during the show when you realize you are there and that is the moment you have been looking for. Like climbing a mountain. There are many peaks but when you are on the top everything is below you...

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 27, 2010 21:53

Would be great to fill up the 50 in their fiftieth year.

Date: July 27, 2010 22:02

bv
Quite a few shows so far. I gave up counting when I was sitting in East Village NYC some years ago, making a list of shows I had attended, and then realized I had forgot about an entire tour leg. The number is not important. What is important is that you get Satisfaction, through the number of shows you need in order to get Satisfaction.

People do ask me why I go to all these shows. Why? Because it is just like following your team, football or ice hockey. They have good days and they have bad days. ..

The response (especially when they ask "but isnt it usually much the same songs?" ) I always give is to turn it around and ask the person if they have a favourite place to go to on holiday. Usually they have. Then ask them if there's a bar or restaurant in that place that they really enjoy and which they would go back to more than once on the same holiday. Again, the answer is usually yes.

Then explain to them that its quite natural if youre only getting the chance to go to that favourite city or resort once every few years that you'll want to make the most of the part of the experience you enjoy most. No one thinks anything about going to the same bar or restaurant - and maybe each time they'll eat or drink something different.

Thats when they usually 'get it'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-27 22:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: Theospappa ()
Date: July 27, 2010 22:12

18 shows from 1995-2007..

still counting from next tour and on..

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 27, 2010 22:32

Great words Bjornulf and Gazza, that's exactly what it's all about

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 27, 2010 22:40

I'm so impressed, I thought i had done well in my 49 years but I am way down the list, some of you should be honorary band members! For me it looks a bit pathetic alongside such dedication.

1 New Barbarians

1 Faces (I know, but it makes my list look better)

17 Stones

1 Mick Taylor

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: July 27, 2010 22:45

My Stones show total is 5:

Sun Devil Stadium
Tempe, AZ 1997

US Airways Arena
Phoenix, AZ 2005

Amsterdam Arena
Amsterdam, Netherlands 2006

Zilker Park
Austin, TX 2006 BEST SHOW BY FAR! The kind of magic BV speaks of.

Cardinals Stadium
Glendale, AZ 2006

AND

Bernard, Lisa, Bobby Keys and friends
Paradiso
Amsterdam 2006
& on same bill: Chris Jagger

as well as

Tim Ries & Rolling Stones Project
Jimmy Mak's
Portland, OR 2007

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: July 27, 2010 23:51

45 since '75. every tour and 1 Barbarians show at MSG

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 28, 2010 00:08

2 - Shea Stadium '89 and Roseland '02.

and I saw Mick Taylor in an Experience Hendrix show a year or so ago.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 28, 2010 00:24

kleermaker
1973: 1
1976: 1
1982: 1

At least 1 (1982) too many. Still doubts about parts of the 1976 one.

So I didn't see you in '73 Rotterdam
& '76 The Hague .Richards with that Jimi Hendrix print...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 28, 2010 00:27

"once I got the inside track thru Freddie S and JC"

did it include bribery or was it just friendship?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 28, 2010 00:42

Cologne ´82 and Düsseldorf ´07.

SwayStones

I won't tell .I am too short .Less than 10 shows .sad smiley

Sorry to say but it reminds me the schoolyard boys area -is mine bigger than yours & blah blah blah-
I guess my friend Helter Shelter is going to like this one smoking smiley
By this one, I mean "that joke"

I bet I´m shorter than you,Sway.
Funny typo...Helter Shelter...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:01

51 since 1975

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:03

became a stones fan in 1987.

first tour was steel wheels in 1989, i saw them in 1990 at hampden park glasgow.

then at murrayfield edinburgh in 1999.

lastly the 02 gig on 27th sugust 2007.

total of 3 only.

due to my relative youth and the fact i missed out on any tour from 1962-1982 its difficult to work out what my relative total would have been had i attended all tours at the same rate as i did, probably not more than 20.

with a bit more effort and less going on in other areas of my life i reckon since 1990 i could have made about 20 total.

good on the folk who have topped 100 gigs, that must have invovled amazing effort and money.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:24

As long as you had a good time my fellow Scot.It doesn't make you any less of a fan. 15 shows for me between 1990 & 2007.

Gig No 7 was at Murrayfield,Edinburgh on 4th June 1999, when I thought the band were on fire and the crowd (at least down at the front) were the wildest of my 15 shows. £30 a ticket too and far from sold out.

wee bobby lennox
became a stones fan in 1987.

first tour was steel wheels in 1989, i saw them in 1990 at hampden park glasgow.

then at murrayfield edinburgh in 1999.

lastly the 02 gig on 27th sugust 2007.

total of 3 only.

due to my relative youth and the fact i missed out on any tour from 1962-1982 its difficult to work out what my relative total would have been had i attended all tours at the same rate as i did, probably not more than 20.

with a bit more effort and less going on in other areas of my life i reckon since 1990 i could have made about 20 total.

good on the folk who have topped 100 gigs, that must have invovled amazing effort and money.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:30

36 since the 1972 Tour! I feel like a light-weight compared to some of you. I regret not seeing more shows in 1972 and 1975. I never missed a tour since '72 but some tours I saw many shows, like No Security and the Licks Tour 2002-03. One thing on my Bucket List is to see the Stones in London...maybe next tour.

Date: July 28, 2010 01:43

mickschix
36 since the 1972 Tour! I feel like a light-weight compared to some of you. I regret not seeing more shows in 1972 and 1975. I never missed a tour since '72 but some tours I saw many shows, like No Security and the Licks Tour 2002-03. One thing on my Bucket List is to see the Stones in London...maybe next tour.

I think you'll probably find that most people who only started going in the 80s or afterwards would probably trade in at least ten of their shows just to have seen one in 1972, Debra. Me included.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 28, 2010 01:57

Gazza
mickschix

I think you'll probably find that most people who only started going in the 80s or afterwards would probably trade in at least ten of their shows just to have seen one in 1972, Debra. Me included.

let's see, of my 33...i would trade in 33 plus 20 or so of my dylan shows. even toss in a couple of van morrisons and a pair of eric burdons.....

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:01

Gazza
mickschix

I daresay that those who never saw a Stones concert from 69, 70, 72 or 73 never have seen a real Stones concert at all. Of course no reason to be proud of having seen one of those concerts, simply good luck (bad luck: present age). It's to be found in the quality, not in the quantity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-28 02:02 by kleermaker.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 28, 2010 02:23

kleermaker
Gazza
mickschix

I daresay that those who never saw a Stones concert from 69, 70, 72 or 73 never have seen a real Stones concert at all. Of course no reason to be proud of having seen one of those concerts, simply good luck (bad luck: present age). It's to be found in the quality, not in the quantity.

So I´ve been lucky enough to miss them when I´ve been six years old at their UK farewell tour ´71...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 28, 2010 04:31

kleermaker
Gazza
mickschix

uh oh...we have finally hit a fork in the road my friend.

"Not seen a real Stones concert?" .. I would say the opposite, nah
no, I wouldnt say opposite.... it is all a continuation .... but
To not feel the heat of the flame from the cobra head...
or to not see the Bridge come extending out ...or .... and .....not to metion....... so many things

Kleer,
How could you not see them since 1982?
I was going to mention how lucky Hansie is to be
based in the Nederlands, but it sounded not as intended...
You guys have close access to soooooo many shows, multi night in town
and juts down the raod ..and jump easy over to Germany...or tube to London?
why not more shows???
I have only seen them 3 times in my city.... all of the rest I had to
travel between 300 to 3000 to 8000 miles .... but it was worth it.

PS
I am really happy to have large chunks of my count before the mega prices hit.
be in the

Posted by: peter ()
Date: July 28, 2010 06:26

55 shows starting in 1965 in Washington DC....peter

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 28, 2010 09:26

22 Stones from 1978 on
3 Keef and the Winos
4 mick taylor
1 new barbarians

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1316
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home