Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT --Rhino to release DELANEY & BONNIE DELUXE LIVE SET!!
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 15, 2010 03:47

OH YEAH!!!

[www.rhino.com]

Re: OT --Rhino to release DELANEY & BONNIE DELUXE LIVE SET!!
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 15, 2010 03:57

Excellent news! thumbs up
Here they are with friends Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Bobby Keys, Billy Preston, etc.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: June 15, 2010 04:30

SWEET. Thanks for the head's up, loog droog.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: June 15, 2010 04:44

glad to hear some good news!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 15, 2010 07:24

OH yeah! Bring it on. Great news!

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: June 15, 2010 09:38

Never really to D&B BUT DAMN!!! what a great song!

Thank you for sharing!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 15, 2010 21:30

Yeah, I got an email about this yesterday, definitely gonna be picking it up. I just hope they don't botch it somehow the way they did with the recent Stooges s/t deluxe edition, wherein all the John Cale mix takes ran way too slow. This looks great, though.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 15, 2010 22:11

Interesting!

Always remember that tour with Clapton when part of the audience was whistling and booing cause they expected another Cream/ guitarsolos, - and got the laidback D. & Bonnie groove.
Still got her solo(vinyl)album too.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 16, 2010 00:36

why did i think Rhino folded?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 16, 2010 20:41

did rhino fold?????

the company at this point represents efforts long
after original owners and small team of amazing and knowledgeable music fans released hundreds of great compilations with amazing art and intelligent engaging historic liner notes etc...

these days....different owners. different staff. but even thinking of releasing this shows they still have smarts and are making a contribution i would dare to say....

inital staff was way less than a dozen and a half when they got international major distrubtion circa '86-87. more success came and it got bigger and bigger. as these things do.

not sure wattup with them lately sweet neo;
out of touch and admit it. but there was a time, maybe even still with this release! (i've the original delaney and bonnie lps it's WONDERFUL American rooted rock and roll for real)....

but there was a time when they were real leaders in saving and repackaging and promoting RESPECTFULLY some of the greatest out of print or practically so....releases in rock history. imo. with intelligent new annotation etc...
i think they still wear the brand well. this kinda proves it,.

actually this delaney and bonnie release seems right on track for rhino. a great idea. great music. great great music.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-17 01:02 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 17, 2010 04:33

Actually I might more easily afford a 2 disc deluxe edition - or even better that as part of a 'complete Atlantic Recordings" box - those studio albums feature King Curtis, Duane Allman, Gram Parsons, Little Richard, etc and have never been out on CD in the US.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 17, 2010 04:59

Beelyboy

not sure wattup with them lately sweet neo;
out of touch and admit it. but there was a time, maybe even still with this release! (i've the original delaney and bonnie lps it's WONDERFUL American rooted rock and roll for real)....

recent history (about Rhino) from Wiki:

"In 2004, Time Warner spun off its music divisions and today Rhino is part of the newly organized Warner Music Group. Rhino also started the Rhino Handmade division of limited edition releases available primarily from their website. All of these Handmade reissues are limited to about 3000 copies or less and once sold out are not repressed.
In addition to dealing with archive material, the label also manages the US distribution or worldwide production of compilations for more recent Warner acts, including still-active artists such as Enya, New Order, and Chicago.
In May 2007, Warner Strategic Marketing in the UK was dissolved and Rhino Records UK was formed. The division has two main factions - TV advertised compilations (For example Pure Garage Rewind Back To The Old School) and Catalogue material from the Warner vaults. Led Zeppelin's 2007 release Mothership and the soundtrack to the film Juno serve as the label's most recent successes."

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: September 8, 2010 22:39

[www.rhino.co.uk]
This now available in UK.
Has anybody bought this and if so is it worth having.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 9, 2010 00:08

This was a rockin' under appreciated outfit. Saw them play on that tour at the Auditorium Theater in Chicago. For sound quality this is still the best venue in the city. Probably worth exploring if the recordings were good.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 9, 2010 00:47

Excellent album. Can't wait to get this. There's a brilliant DVD from the Danish tour with Clapton and Harrison in the band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home