Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Crazy Mama!!!!
Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 24, 2020 18:49

They played it on the B-stage at the Texas Motor Speedway. Keef wore a black trench coat with a red lining and pulled out a black Gibson E-335 that sounded incredible.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2020 18:54

Taylor1
The liner notes as written by Mick at the time the album was made do not say Wood plays on this song. They say Keith and Mick only

Yet as thecitadel pointed out in this older thread ( Crazy Mama ), Ronnie was actually credited - "Solo & Ending overdub: Keith, Billy and Ron", and you can see he's also credited under backup vocals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-24 18:56 by Hairball.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 24, 2020 19:34

What does that mean? Solo and ending? There is only one guitar playing the outro runs and that is Keith .Does solo and ending also mean Billy took a solo on his keyboard? Where is that on the song?Is Wood playing another guitar?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-24 19:41 by Taylor1.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2020 19:48

I clearly hear more than one guitar at the outtro - three in fact (at least) - one rhythm and two leads dueling away. Not sure what the deal is with Billy...
Also, if you look at the credits of the official video for the remastered Crazy Mama on the official Rolling Stones youtube channel - Ronnie is credited: Associated Performer, Vocals, Guitar: Ron Wood > Crazy Mama

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 24, 2020 20:02

Taylor1
What does that mean? Solo and ending? There is only one guitar playing the outro runs and that is Keith .Does solo and ending also mean Billy took a solo on his keyboard? Where is that on the song?Is Wood playing another guitar?

It's the guitar track for the solo and the ending.

Date: August 24, 2020 21:28

Taylor1

The theme in the ending is classic Ronnie. Keith plays that other theme in the song (the one that starts right after the intro), as well as one of the rhythm guitars.

Date: August 24, 2020 22:55

But who plays the outro runs, isn’t that Keith?

Date: August 24, 2020 22:58

Taylor1

No, that's Ronnie. That's the guitar theme I was talking about.

Date: August 24, 2020 23:15

DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

Ha ha Keith can't play like that!

Date: August 24, 2020 23:50

GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

No, he can't.

Date: August 25, 2020 00:23

shortfatfanny
24FPS
Just 8 short songs

Tracklist

Hot Stuff 5:21
Hand Of Fate 4:28
Cherry Oh Baby 3:54
Memory Motel 7:06
Hey Negrita 4:58
Melody 5:48
Fool To Cry 5:02
Crazy Mama 4:32

8 songs : yes
short songs : no

Listening to the Mocambo Worried About You it seems that Mick was pretty close to the lyrics that are on TATTOO YOU. Perhaps it wasn't that far from being finished. Listening to the outtake version of it, musically it's pretty much there, but it's just a mix and I've never seen any other mix available that suggests they did some overdubbing in 1975 but it's likely they did during the post-production overdubbing sessions for BLACK AND BLUE. The live version suggests that some work was done on it seeing that the live studio vocal has elements that are on the finished version. Maybe the vocal was worked on but not finished in 1975.

Date: August 25, 2020 01:17

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

No, he can't.
That is a great job by Wood

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: August 25, 2020 02:33

I love the rockin' rhythm piano on this, always have.
When it was released, it always struck me as a little odd that the piano player wasn't credited. I just figured it was Stu, sounded like him to my ears.
Years later I read somewhere it was Preston (maybe a book or magazine? maybe on Nico's website database? maybe both)
Anyway, it certainly could be Billy.....but I wonder....I always thought it sounded more like Stu, just gloriously banging out the rhythm....and now I recently read on a blog somewhere, somebody claiming it was Keith.
Maybe Nico has a credible source on this. I'd really like to know definitively. I'll stick with Stu unless it can be shown otherwise, the thought of him playing keys on this makes me happy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 25, 2020 12:57

Mick liked the song so much he recycled it on the Nassau'79 outtake "Break Away"... cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-25 18:34 by dcba.

Date: August 25, 2020 13:47

Taylor1
DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet
DandelionPowderman
Taylor1

No, he can't.

If you watch that video clip from 1997 Ronnie does those licks nicely there, too.

Date: August 25, 2020 13:49

souldoggie
I love the rockin' rhythm piano on this, always have.
When it was released, it always struck me as a little odd that the piano player wasn't credited. I just figured it was Stu, sounded like him to my ears.
Years later I read somewhere it was Preston (maybe a book or magazine? maybe on Nico's website database? maybe both)
Anyway, it certainly could be Billy.....but I wonder....I always thought it sounded more like Stu, just gloriously banging out the rhythm....and now I recently read on a blog somewhere, somebody claiming it was Keith.
Maybe Nico has a credible source on this. I'd really like to know definitively. I'll stick with Stu unless it can be shown otherwise, the thought of him playing keys on this makes me happy.

Billy is credited in the liner notes (see above)

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 25, 2020 18:15

Taylor1

Ronnie is/has always been great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-25 18:16 by LeonidP.

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 28, 2020 21:21

The outro leads are Ron Wood constructing some nice guitar lines rather then playing by feel. thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 29, 2020 01:26

dcba
Mick liked the song so much he recycled it on the Nassau'79 outtake "Break Away"... cool smiley

Good outtake for the Emotional Rescue reissue!
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 3, 2020 08:17

It should've been called CRAZY MONKEY and a sequel to MONKEY MAN. My today's noetic effort.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home