Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

911 This is a STONES Emergency!!
Posted by: CupofLove ()
Date: July 9, 2010 06:01

I am still new to the Stones but I have fallen in love with their LIVE performances and have a little interest in their recorded stuff...I am wanting to know are there any CD's that compare to the LIVE versions and give me that same sound or intensity I love in the LIVE versions to keep me intrigued and continue to grow in the Stones?

I have been listening/watching the following so you can see where I am coming from with this post:
1.SHINE A LIGHT
2. Bigger Bang
3. 4 Flicks

Thank you all for any advice you can offer...I feel like I am having a STONES CRISIS confused smiley

"The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me"

Re: 911 This is a STONES Emergency!!
Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 9, 2010 06:06

Exile is pretty intense.

Also, hit YouTube and watch anything you can from 1972 and then search "Stones continuing" and get a great live version of Beast of Burden.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: July 9, 2010 06:36

Cup, you've got a great deal of joyous listening ahead of you! smiling smiley

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 9, 2010 07:17

High Tide and Green Grass
Aftermath
Beggars Banquet
Through the Past Darkly
Let It Bleed
Sticky Fingers
Exile on Main Street
Some Girls

And these are just a few to get yer whistle wet!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 9, 2010 07:35

Go on youtube and listen to Brussels Affair and you will have the best live experience. Also 1981 - Live '81 Hampton - fx. Just My Imagination

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 9, 2010 07:58

Out Of Our Heads
Aftermath
Beggars Banquet onwards to Tattoo You MINUS Emotional Rescue

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: July 9, 2010 09:26

the 81 tour got me into the stones but also love hearing the 1969
1970-71-72-73-75-76 and 78tours as well

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 9, 2010 10:04

1968-72 are often seen as the "Golden Years" of Stones recorded history. Exile On Main Street or Let It Bleed might be good choices if you love their live stuff.

But it depends a little on what kind of style you like. Those years were the best for many reasons, but they have a lot of blues and country. If you don't like that style, you might wanna check out the pop hits of the '60s (which is excellent stuff, many famous songs), as on the compilation Rolled Gold, or Hot Rocks. Their late 70s / early 80s period is also highly regarded. That was more punk and disco, but lots of rootsy, very "stonesy" stuff. Some Girls is a great "live" sounding studio album with many famous Stones songs (Miss You, Beast of Burden, Respectable, etc.).

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: July 9, 2010 13:12

Some Girls has a great raw/live sound to it. I'd also recommend Sticky Fingers, Aftermath and Exile on Main Street to get that sound.

And if you want to hear great live Stones the bootlegs from 1973 in Brussels and Handsome Girls recorded in 1978 are two of my favorites.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: July 9, 2010 14:17

Some Girls, Sticky Fingers and Exile sound like live albuns.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1552
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home