Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

x
Posted by: gohabs ()
Date: June 2, 2010 03:54

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-08 04:23 by gohabs.

Re: THE ROLLING STONES VS. THE WORLD
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 2, 2010 04:00

Gohabs, you have no gonads, and you need rehab.

x
Date: June 2, 2010 04:08

x

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 2, 2010 04:16

gohabs
stifle edith

x
Date: June 2, 2010 04:21

x

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 5, 2010 21:07

THE ROLLING STONES VS THE WORLD..gohabs..The only rivals The Rolling Stones really have are bands that are within their own country Britain for an example heres half a dozen other (GREAT) BRITIST bands to name a few

1.THE BEATLES
2.THE KINKS
3.LED ZEPPELIN
4.PINK FLOYD
5.FLEETWOOD MAC
6.U2

I could go on theres so many others..but I think ya know what I mean..yea..smoking smileyya could bring in one outsider AC/DCof course..

Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: June 5, 2010 21:37

fleetwood mac and u2....wtf?

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: June 5, 2010 21:53

Holy crap! You're from South Africa too? I've been listening to that the whole day. Awesome! I fell out of my chair laughing when the advert for this had some snippets of Stones songs playing, and then comparing it to a U2 and Lady Gaga. Haha but of course the Stones wont win if the general stupid public votes. Every texting tween will be voting for Britney, Gaga...

Are you from SA?

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: June 5, 2010 22:32

Does Fleetwood Mac count? They wouldn't have been anything if it weren't for two Americans.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: June 6, 2010 19:38

U2 are Irish!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 6, 2010 23:20

colonial
THE ROLLING STONES VS THE WORLD..gohabs..The only rivals The Rolling Stones really have are bands that are within their own country Britain for an example heres half a dozen other (GREAT) BRITIST bands to name a few

1.THE BEATLES
2.THE KINKS
3.LED ZEPPELIN
4.PINK FLOYD
5.FLEETWOOD MAC
6.U2

I could go on theres so many others..but I think ya know what I mean..yea..smoking smileyya could bring in one outsider AC/DCof course..

You are talking pop music I presume?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 7, 2010 00:25

Amsterdamned
colonial

1.THE BEATLES
2.THE KINKS
3.LED ZEPPELIN
4.PINK FLOYD
5.FLEETWOOD MAC (UK/USA)
6.U2 (IRL)

I could go on theres so many others..but I think ya know what I mean..yea..smoking smileyya could bring in one outsider AC/DC of course..

You are talking rock music I presume?..Amsterdamned..ya..onto it..smoking smiley

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 7, 2010 07:24

In terms of contributions to modern music, the United States still whoops England's ass nine days a week. Without the contributions of (to name a few) Louis Armstrong, Robert Johnson, Son House, John Lee Hooker, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, BB King, Jimmy Reed, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Buddy Holly, Miles Davis, Thelonius Monk, John Coltrane, Bo Diddley, the Motown crew, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Brian Wilson, Phil Spector, the Allman Brothers Band, the Byrds, the Stooges, the MC5, the Ramones, Television, etc., none of the English derivatives exist.

Accept it: Most of your modern English icons owe their livelihood to Americans, even if some of them had better paydays. On the other hand, how many American acts still play "Matty Groves" and "She Moves Through the Fair"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-07 07:27 by baxlap.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home