Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: LeBron James signing
Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: July 7, 2010 07:24

Why wait until his announcement Thursday night? You heard it here first: he'll sign with the Oklahoma City team that used to be in Seattle and, as part of his contract, he'll agree to legally change his name to LeBarn James and have Surrey with the Fringe on Top as his walk-on music. Or maybe not.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-07 07:28 by baxlap.

Re: OT: LeBron James signing
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 7, 2010 15:23

Care level. It's punks like Lebron that have turned me off of the NBA since the glory days of Bird and Magic. Thank God for the new batch of Celtics, who, for the most part, seem to have class like their long lost heritage brothers once did. They are the Yankees of Basketball.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 7, 2010 16:21

What's a LeBron ?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 7, 2010 16:47

VoodooLounge13
Care level. It's punks like Lebron that have turned me off of the NBA since the glory days of Bird and Magic. Thank God for the new batch of Celtics, who, for the most part, seem to have class like their long lost heritage brothers once did. They are the Yankees of Basketball.

Please...Yankees of baseball is one Yankees too many.

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 7, 2010 17:26

so LeBron is going to announce on live tv who he is signing with? wow. what a massive ego! who does that? i have never heard of an athlete doing that. lame.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 7, 2010 17:34

baxlap
Why wait until his announcement Thursday night? You heard it here first: he'll sign with the Oklahoma City team that used to be in Seattle and, as part of his contract, he'll agree to legally change his name to LeBarn James and have Surrey with the Fringe on Top as his walk-on music. Or maybe not.
You seriously need to step away from the pipe.....Anyway as for King James. Yeah more than a bit egotistical to announce his signing on TV. But also a nice move to give the sponsorship money to Boys & Girls clubs. Of course he could have just written them a check but.....My prediction on who he'll sign with? He's going to the Knicks.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 7, 2010 17:34

Someone please refresh my memory - just how many rings does he have? How many championships has he won?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 8, 2010 01:09

....granted it's now owned (and editorialized) by Rupert Murdoch, but there was a story in the Wall Street Journal this past w/end that King james was looking at townhouses in the West Village of Manhattan

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 8, 2010 01:26

It will be Cleveland or Chicago...

Date: July 8, 2010 01:47

...there tax rate is certainly lower than NYC

Date: July 8, 2010 01:49

inopeng
I don't think he'd have an hour long special just to say he's staying in Cleveland. It's the big apple.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 8, 2010 02:41

sweetcharmedlife
inopeng
I don't think he'd have an hour long special just to say he's staying in Cleveland. It's the big apple.
Miami. Him, Wade and Bosch. Except they're going to need two balls.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 8, 2010 02:46

I'm afraid your all wrong.

Sources close to me tell me he's already joined the Cleveland ballet.
He needs the full hour to explain himself.

Truly

Date: July 8, 2010 03:52

A one-hour TV special to say where he's signing is just the most wretched form of self-importance, particularly given his pitiful post-season record. The whole thing could be summed up in five words: "I'm signing with the [insert team name]."

ESPN must be desparate for programming content between the end of basketball season and the beginning of football season.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 8, 2010 05:35

A LeBron is a brasierre made for larger women with extremely big breasts.

Date: July 8, 2010 06:32

Leave his mama out of this, Delonte West notwithstanding.

Date: July 8, 2010 06:33

the nba is a joke now

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: July 9, 2010 05:47

Dammit inopeng, first you're dead wrong about Bobby Keyes playing or not playing with Joe Ely and now you're wrong about LeBron. Take a break from this board and get it together.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: July 9, 2010 06:12

Brue
sweetcharmedlife
inopeng
Miami. Him, Wade and Bosch. Except they're going to need two balls.

Called that one.

Date: July 9, 2010 07:07

Yep. Dumb move of the century. They got 3 superstars. Although I have a feeling Bosh may turn out to be a bust. Miami has 5 players under contract currently. They have no room to sign 7 other guys to anything other than minimum contracts. They won't be winning next year that's for sure. If LBJ really wanted to make his mark he would of went to a team where he was the man and make his mark. Now he is trying to hide in the shadow of Wade. As much as I hate the Lakers, I'll admit they are more than just Kobe. They have role players who fit a need. Miami won't have that and will fail miserably.

Date: July 9, 2010 07:09

Pat Riley + LeBron = two creeps who deserve one another. The Heat are now even more loathesome than the Lakers.

Some of us don't forget that the scumbag greaseball Riley was actively negotiating with another team in his division (the Heat) while he was still under contract to the Knicks. Now Riley aligns himself with the egomaniacal, narciscistic whoo-ar James who has produced NOTHING in postseason. May these two (along with Wade and Bosh) crush under the weight of their own hubris and never win ANYTHING!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-09 15:51 by baxlap.

Posted by: 69boogie ()
Date: July 9, 2010 08:48

This just in. Breaking News about Lebron James signing with Miami after weeks of overblown hype:

It's just a stupid game, who gives a f-uck.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 9, 2010 10:24

he's lead singer in Duran Duran, isn't he?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 9, 2010 15:54

Good for Cleveland. They have cap room now to maybe bring in a couple of good players that will help them do what King James couldn't.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: July 9, 2010 16:23

Now it all makes sense. James deliberately tanked against the Celtics so he could claim he needs to go to another team to win a championship. What a loser. I hope Miami finishes last next year.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 9, 2010 17:40

so he goes to miami to join dwane wade and chris bosh .the problem for these guys? there is only one ball .so the good times will not last .ditto no ring for lebron.do you remember when espn was televising his high school games? to me he is highly overrated .all hype !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a clown with an ego the size of all of the nba.he gets his own hour long special on espn to annouce his desicion . big deal lebron .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 9, 2010 21:10

lebron ,dont go away mad .JUST GO AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: July 9, 2010 21:22

...as a free agent he has every right to go play where he wants....but the way he did it was cheeky and worse he used the 'event' to further bring attention to himself in a way that just pisses people off...all under the guise of a charity event.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 9, 2010 21:56

The NBA has been the ME ME ME League ever since the Michael Jordan era. How anybody can still be interested in this is beyond me, and I speak as a sports fan.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: July 9, 2010 22:10

As a life-long LAKER fan...

What a joke, this LOSER will never win anything.. Ego out-of-control..

MLC

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home