Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The catalog in SACD/SHM !
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:09

It's new. The return of the SACD ! Now they release some SACD/SHM to be read by SACD player only. I just sold mine since I bought a Linn Akurate.

But what I wait is a studio master to be available in digital form or 24/96 bits (I have the Alison Kraus/Plant bought on hdtracks.com and it sounds great)

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: The catalog in SACD/SHM !
Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: April 21, 2010 00:28

So this is some non-hybrid SACD rerelease? Hmm... It'll probably sell a whopping hundred units or something like that.eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:15

"what I wait is a studio master to be available in digital form or 24/96 bits"

So do I, so do I... you won't catch me buying a cd anytime soon...

Date: April 21, 2010 01:27

toomuchforme, a little question for you : the HD 24/96 trax you buy are in FLAC format, that's right? What's the size of a regular song?

The site you mentioned is great, could it be the future of music? (Me I want 24/192 trax but that's another story) winking smiley

Date: April 21, 2010 11:00

dcba it is in Flac yes. Each song on Raising Sand is about 75 MO. "Polly" is longer so it is 129 MO for instance.

Yes it is the future but let's hope people will be more hifi freaks for this kind of recording to sell better.

Extract an audio dvd is a nice way to get an excellent sound too.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 21, 2010 13:55

toomuchforme
It's new. The return of the SACD ! Now they release some SACD/SHM to be read by SACD player only. I just sold mine since I bought a Linn Akurate.

But what I wait is a studio master to be available in digital form or 24/96 bits (I have the Alison Kraus/Plant bought on hdtracks.com and it sounds great)

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Hi toomuch,

Are the tracks 5.1 as well? And presumably you then burn them on to a CD-R which you play in your SACD player.
Actually there's a site that offers up free SACD/5.1 versions of loads of great albums but you have to download them via Rapidshare. Unless you're a subscriber it takes ages.

Date: April 21, 2010 17:37

"ach song on Raising Sand is about 75 MO"

Well that's totally manageable with an ADSL line. I thought they were bigger files, honestly.

Date: April 24, 2010 10:32

Silver Dagger
toomuchforme

[www.cdjapan.co.jp]

Hi toomuch,

Are the tracks 5.1 as well? And presumably you then burn them on to a CD-R which you play in your SACD player.
Actually there's a site that offers up free SACD/5.1 versions of loads of great albums but you have to download them via Rapidshare. Unless you're a subscriber it takes ages.

Hi Silver

no I have a Linn Akurate so I do not buy cd's anymore except the Stones ones for the collection.

A 24/96 is not a 5.1 just a regular 2.0 with an excellent sound

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: May 21, 2010 04:04

OK..this question is about the 2002 Stones ABKCO SACD Hybrids...of which I have many.

The Hybrid digipacks were around for a while and then they switched back to plastic cd cases..and
labeled them "DSD". Is DSD synonymous with SACD? Do DSD play on SACD players?
For some reason this has always confused me. A clear answer would be appreciated.

What are the differences?

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-21 04:04 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: May 21, 2010 05:33

sweet neo con
OK..this question is about the 2002 Stones ABKCO SACD Hybrids...of which I have many.

The Hybrid digipacks were around for a while and then they switched back to plastic cd cases..and
labeled them "DSD". Is DSD synonymous with SACD? Do DSD play on SACD players?
For some reason this has always confused me. A clear answer would be appreciated.

What are the differences?

DSD remastering and DSD Disc are different.
We can see many DSD remastered mark on CDs or even vinyl LPs.

Normal CD including DSD remastered CD can play on SACD player.
Meanwhile, player for DSD Disc is limited such as Sony PC VAIO or Playstation.

ABKCO's info about Hybrid:
This disc actually has two layers. One is a normal CD. The other layer is a Super Audio CD of the same repertoire.
Both layers benefit from DSD encoding which captures every nuance of the original master tapes.
You will hear the "rawness" of the guitars, the vocal quality and the natural distortion of the band as it sounded in the studio.
And You can hear it on any CD player you own today or any SACD- compatible player.

Let It Bleed 2010 SHM-SACD:
Reissue of Let It Bleed features the high-fidelity SHM-SACD format (fully compatible with standard SACD player,
but it does not play on standard CD players) and the 2002 DSD remastering.
*SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies
that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution.
Please note that SHM-SACDs are fully compatible with regular SACD players, but they do not play on standard CD players.

Wow! They will specialize 2 channels this time for the non compressed DSD signals.

The trend today is away from Hybrid.winking smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-21 07:06 by Toru A.

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 21, 2010 05:51

So why is the SACD format suddenly showing signs of life when Blu-ray technology is readily available, and way more people own, or will soon own, Blu-ray players? I see that Tom Petty is putting his new album out on BD, and his live anthology was put out on BD last year along with Neil Young's Anthology box set.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 21, 2010 08:23

anyone know how to burn dvd-audio.. ??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home