Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Silly Post - How did you pick your screen name?
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 21, 2020 02:29

It came to me one night when I was feeling a little bleary, worse for wear and tear...

Date: July 21, 2020 03:08

Bitch is my fave Stones song but that name was taken here, so I went with BitchKeepsBitchin from Little T&A which is my fave KEEF song. I'm Bitch on some of the other boards.

Plus, I can be a bitch and keep on bitching whenever there is something to bitch about. Bitch-Bitchkeepsbitchin!

Date: July 21, 2020 03:09

From my favorite tune in concert: Tumbling Dice

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: July 21, 2020 08:50

Mine’s easy, from listening to Route 66 one night. Had the pleasure of staying in Barstow on a road trip pre lockdown earlier this year. Not much there. We also passed through Kingman. Mojave Desert is amazing. Drove along side the old Route 66 but did take a right off the newer hwy at one point and stood on Route 66 (as one does!) to take some pics. Historic road to see.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 21, 2020 10:11

When I first joined I used to work (and do quite a lot of my posting) in an office that looked out across Richmond Green. Lost the job and the office long ago, but kept the name.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:17

Stunning lack of imagination!grinning smiley

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:29

Saw you stretched out in Room Ten Oh Nine
Opening line to Shine A Light

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 11:53

The Clash - London Calling; just happened to be listening to it when registering. Voila - Ireland Calling. Can't recall why 4 was added to it though, lost in the sands of time that riddle.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 12:03

bitusa2012

Acronym for Born In The USA. Album by my second favourite artist, Springsteen. And the year I joined IORR.

Rod

Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Date: July 21, 2020 13:13

'Dandelion' was taken, so I added something stupid off the top of my head...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: July 21, 2020 17:07

KingmanBarstow
Mine’s easy, from listening to Route 66 one night. Had the pleasure of staying in Barstow on a road trip pre lockdown earlier this year. Not much there. We also passed through Kingman. Mojave Desert is amazing. Drove along side the old Route 66 but did take a right off the newer hwy at one point and stood on Route 66 (as one does!) to take some pics. Historic road to see.

I rode Route 66 going to the Grand Canyon. We stood "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona" - from another song!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 17:27

My favorite album and my lucky number.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: July 21, 2020 18:21

....not too terribly complicated or creative for me. Took my last name: Sigel and my wife's last name Huntington and combined them. It was probably better than my first two choices MickSigel or ScottSpringsteen (LOL)!

Date: July 21, 2020 18:25

Because I got banned a zillion times.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 21, 2020 18:41

Its my taping name. Back when Willie Brown was mayor of SF he referred to himself as da mayor so I was da spy for sneaking in gear and stealth recording. da spy knows how to get gear in. It stuck. This was pre 9/11 and we used to joke how it was good we were just a bunch of tapers and weren't into sneaking bad stuff past airport security. After 9/11 we didn't joke about that anymore.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 18:46

I did artwork for Mickboy’s boots as ”Padre” plus the birthyear.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 21, 2020 18:50

Hairball
I was originally Dr.Frankenstone during the Licks tour, then I couldn't log on for some reason.
Could never figure it out, but I know I wasn't banned.

I then started fresh around ABB and changed it to 'Hairball' in tribute to my old pet cat named Ivan (RIP).
He was a very cool cat, but had a bad habit of spitting up hairballs every now and then.

Here's to Ivan, may you spit up hairballs for eternity in the heavens above!smileys with beer

LOL just saw this - it's not a "bad habit", it's a survival mechanism!

Date: July 21, 2020 18:58

I love CYHMK. I had a name the first time I was on here that had nothing to do with the Stones, it was about the beach and skipping stones on water.

That got shut down because I ran my mouth about something, har harrr, so next was that moment in Monkey Man from MSG when Keith smiles at Mick when he sings But we loooooooove to sing the blues.

I can't remember what happened with that, I probably pissed someone off again.

So... this name is actually regional, and of course, it's in CYHMK.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:03

SomeTorontoGirl
It came to me one night when I was feeling a little bleary, worse for wear and tear...

I'm still waiting to hear those thrilling stories of when you worked at the CN tower. Did you say you worked the exterior elevator to the clouds?

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:16

The Polish version of my name followed by my year of birth, even though I’m not Polish. I just happen to have a big soft spot for Poland, have friends there and can speak the language a bit. I was at the shows in Chorzow in 1998 and Warsaw 2018. Spookily The famous 1967 shows at the Sala Kongressowa were on the date I was due to be born (but wasn’t- I was late)

I’ve seen 23 gigs in the post 2012 era and have met many, many IORRians in that time who know I’m Gregor and very much a Scotsman. thumbs up

Date: July 21, 2020 19:24

GasLightStreet
I love CYHMK. I had a name the first time I was on here that had nothing to do with the Stones, it was about the beach and skipping stones on water.

That got shut down because I ran my mouth about something, har harrr, so next was that moment in Monkey Man from MSG when Keith smiles at Mick when he sings But we loooooooove to sing the blues.

Good to have ya back. I was unaware. Still playing music?

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:26

DandelionPowderman
'Dandelion' was taken, so I added something stupid off the top of my head...

Always wondered about that...

Date: July 21, 2020 19:34

Elmo Lewis
GasLightStreet

Kind of. It took me quite a while to give a shit after my wife died but I did eventually pick the guitar up and get back to it.

I've been working on something for a little bit that's almost finished. Parts of it are finished and then there's some other parts that need to be finished but the hard part is done and I'm waiting on the powers that be to have the first part come out.

I've started working on a new project with a friend and I've been working on my own studio and will eventually be getting to work on a ton of new material for some things as well as recording some other people.

And with all of that I've been slowly working on upgrading my gear, small tweaks, the kind that cost about $120 a piece! One more amp, two more pedals and a new pedal rack and I think, ha ha, I'll be done getting things. With musicians the word "more" is like water in the Mississippi - it never stops. But it has to. I can't imagine how much money I've spent on gear... it has to stop!!!

Have you seen/heard Grayson's new anthology? It's interesting. Just about everything was remixed.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2020 19:46

GasLightStreet
Elmo Lewis
GasLightStreet

Kind of. It took me quite a while to give a shit after my wife died but I did eventually pick the guitar up and get back to it.

I've been working on something for a little bit that's almost finished. Parts of it are finished and then there's some other parts that need to be finished but the hard part is done and I'm waiting on the powers that be to have the first part come out.

I've started working on a new project with a friend and I've been working on my own studio and will eventually be getting to work on a ton of new material for some things as well as recording some other people.

And with all of that I've been slowly working on upgrading my gear, small tweaks, the kind that cost about $120 a piece! One more amp, two more pedals and a new pedal rack and I think, ha ha, I'll be done getting things. With musicians the word "more" is like water in the Mississippi - it never stops. But it has to. I can't imagine how much money I've spent on gear... it has to stop!!!

Have you seen/heard Grayson's new anthology? It's interesting. Just about everything was remixed.

Knowledge expands post. Sports insight or disagreeable opinion, for example, is enjoyable as well. smiling smiley Go somebody .... Hopefully, Sports return

Date: July 21, 2020 20:50

No, I haven't heard the anthology. I made a kinda "greatest hits" CD for myself. "Drink A Little Poison", "Lorraine's Song", "Washboard Lisa", etc.

So sorry to hear about your wife.

Keep me posted, especially if you're playing in GA. Good luck and be safe!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: July 21, 2020 20:56

It's sort of romantic, and well, it's my favorite Stones outtake.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 21, 2020 21:12

I lived in Japan when I became a member.
Hence the whale.
Its actually quite tasty stuff.

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:25

... Sweet innocent Lil Brian

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 21, 2020 23:45

By the time of registration I listend to Muddy Waters' Electric Mud recording. So beside Muddy there are some more Stones relations: a coverversion of Let'Spend The Night Together is on that record, it was a project of Marshall Chess ( former President of Rolling Stones Records) and Gene Barge is playing Tenor Sax (later playing sax on the 1982 tour)..enough Stones connections to end the search for a screen name winking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 22, 2020 00:01

It followed me home one day and I kept it.

jb

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home