Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Heartbreaking picture of Brian
Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 22, 2011 22:21

Brian's problem was he didn't know what he wanted

He would have wanted his kids later but not then.

He had psych issues shite se didn't know in the 60s.

The drugs didn't help.

IMO of course.

Posted by: 120V60Hz ()
Date: July 22, 2011 22:57

I wonder if his kids had pproblems with drugs or alcohol. What do they all do for a living? You never hear anything about Brian's kids, but if Georgia or Theodora had an ingrown hair, you'd get24/7 coverage on cnn.

Posted by: BackstreetGirl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 00:19

Brian has six children that we know of and 14 grand children.
As far as I know they are all well adjusted and all live in a happy family situation.

1. Simon (Barry David) is married and has 2 girls and is a successful businessman.
2. Belinda is divorced and has 3 boys.
3. Julian Mark, has no children and is a businessman.
4. Julian Brian, has 1 boy.
5. John (Paul Andrew) is married and has 1 girl and 2 boys and is a manager for Fords.
6. Barbara is divorced and has 5 boys.

Posted by: djohns1972 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 03:04

Why is it that every time Brian Jones gets mentioned, it always degenerates into a whinge about "all those babies" he fathered? Oh that horrible boy. He had sex with all the women he could and they fell pregnant. They simply cannot write an article about him without mentioning the string of kids. Here I am on about it now, too. Pot, meet kettle....lol.

Jagger didn't do so bad himself. He ignored Karis until he was forced into supporting her when she was 10. The last time he forgot to make a little trip to the convenience store, he was 56 years old and he had 6 other kids! Obviously Bill and Keith were not fans of condoms either if they caught the clap from the same girl. Bill writes in his book that one girl he got pregnant committed suicide and another went to Australia and had a baby girl. Maybe they were all every bit as irresponsible as Brian was, but Brian either had strong swimmers, sniffed out the girls who were ovulating at the time or subconsciously wanted a lot of mini-me's around on the earth because he felt he was going to leave too soon.

My point is that he wasn't the first rock star that didn't wear condoms, his arrows just hit the targets a few more times than the other ones did. Are we going to knock him over the others because he had stronger sperm? You never hear about it with Daltrey, but I think he had at least 4, maybe 5 groupie babies to show up on his doorstep. Many times I feel Brian is beaten up because a dead man can't strike back.

How do you know so much about Brian's children, Backstreet Girl? Are you one of them?

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: July 23, 2011 04:24

djohns1972
Why is it that every time Brian Jones gets mentioned, it always degenerates into a whinge about "all those babies" he fathered? Oh that horrible boy. He had sex with all the women he could and they fell pregnant. They simply cannot write an article about him without mentioning the string of kids. Here I am on about it now, too. Pot, meet kettle....lol.

Jagger didn't do so bad himself. He ignored Karis until he was forced into supporting her when she was 10. The last time he forgot to make a little trip to the convenience store, he was 56 years old and he had 6 other kids! Obviously Bill and Keith were not fans of condoms either if they caught the clap from the same girl. Bill writes in his book that one girl he got pregnant committed suicide and another went to Australia and had a baby girl. Maybe they were all every bit as irresponsible as Brian was, but Brian either had strong swimmers, sniffed out the girls who were ovulating at the time or subconsciously wanted a lot of mini-me's around on the earth because he felt he was going to leave too soon.

My point is that he wasn't the first rock star that didn't wear condoms, his arrows just hit the targets a few more times than the other ones did. Are we going to knock him over the others because he had stronger sperm? You never hear about it with Daltrey, but I think he had at least 4, maybe 5 groupie babies to show up on his doorstep. Many times I feel Brian is beaten up because a dead man can't strike back.

How do you know so much about Brian's children, Backstreet Girl? Are you one of them?

Hillarious post and quite truthful! And I believe Brian had most of his kids by the time he was 20, which might explain why the arrows hit the target. It also explains why he might not have cared to use the protection.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 23, 2011 04:40

djohns1972

Jagger didn't do so bad himself. He ignored Karis until he was forced into supporting her when she was 10. The last time he forgot to make a little trip to the convenience store, he was 56 years old and he had 6 other kids! Obviously Bill and Keith were not fans of condoms either if they caught the clap from the same girl. Bill writes in his book that one girl he got pregnant committed suicide and another went to Australia and had a baby girl. Maybe they were all
every bit as irresponsible as Brian was, but Brian either had strong swimmers, sniffed out the girls who were ovulating at the time or subconsciously wanted a lot of mini-me's around on the earth because he felt he was going to leave too soon.

My point is that he wasn't the first rock star that didn't wear condoms, his arrows just hit the targets a few more times than the other ones did. Are we
going to knock him over the others because he had stronger sperm? You never hear about it with Daltrey, but I think he had at least 4, maybe 5 groupie babies to show up on his doorstep. Many times I feel Brian is beaten up because a dead man can't strike back.

How do you know so much about Brian's children, Backstreet Girl? Are you one of
them?

LAUGHING MY A** OFF!!! grinning smiley Funny post but insightful too! All these years and Brian is still like a loose canon.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 23, 2011 05:10

It's because the post is about Brian. We all know that it's eerie how Mick and Keith appropriated Brian's worst excesses after he died. And it seems we're still a little shocked at Bill's proclivities. Not anymore shocking than Charlie being a heroin addict in the early 80s. Guess he felt left out.

Posted by: djohns1972 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 05:58

Wait. Back up, Jack. Charlie was a junkie? I do not believe it.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 23, 2011 11:14

djohns1972
Many times I feel Brian is beaten up because a dead man can't strike back.
Bingo! He did what many others did and have done since then. But he is the only one who still get shit for it. Like you say, he can't strike back and have no chance to defend himself against all the one-sided stories that has been told.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 23, 2011 12:47

djohns1972
Wait. Back up, Jack. Charlie was a junkie? I do not believe it.

Depends on how you classify "junkie," but Charlie admitted to using heroin on the Ed Bradley/60 Minutes interview during the VL tour.
Seems like it's been removed from YouTube.

Posted by: BackstreetGirl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 18:38

djohns1972

No I'm not.

Date: July 23, 2011 19:17

I believe Charlie's inexplicable heroin use, and his seedy condition, were one of the reasons Mick didn't think the band was stage ready in the mid-80s. And to clarify, Charlie admitted to using heroin in the 80s during the VL tour, not to doing heroin on the VL tour.

Posted by: LillithFlair ()
Date: July 24, 2011 03:55

tonterapi
djohns1972
Bingo! He did what many others did and have done since then. But he is the only one who still get shit for it. Like you say, he can't strike back and have no chance to defend himself against all the one-sided stories that has been told.

*applauds* Seriously, nothing excuses Brain's shitty behavior, but considering the stories we hear about the behavior of the other Stones, Eric Clapton, even members of the Beatles and Led Zeppelin to name a few, the pearl clutching over Brian's behavior is annoying. He was very young and possibly struggling with mental illness (I've been hearing people recently talking about the possibility of his being bi-polar. Don't know if that has any basis in fact but it would explain some things). Most of the others had the opportunity to grow up and move on. Who knows what he would be like if he were here now? He could be an awesome person who's learned and made amends, or still an @#$%& in some ways. But one thing he's not here to tell his side or defend himself in any way so it's easy to make him a fall guy.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: July 24, 2011 04:29

LillithFlair
tonterapi
djohns1972

*applauds* Seriously, nothing excuses Brain's shitty behavior, but considering the stories we hear about the behavior of the other Stones, Eric Clapton, even members of the Beatles and Led Zeppelin to name a few, the pearl clutching over Brian's behavior is annoying. He was very young and possibly struggling with mental illness (I've been hearing people recently talking about the possibility
of his being bi-polar. Don't know if that has any basis in fact but it would explain some things). Most of the others had the opportunity to grow up and move on. Who knows what he would be like if he were here now? He could be an awesome person who's learned and made amends, or still an @#$%& in some ways. But one thing he's not here to tell his side or defend himself in any way so it's easy to make him a fall guy.

Very well stated! thumbs up!!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 24, 2011 14:59

djohns1972
Jagger didn't do so bad himself. He ignored Karis until he was forced into supporting her when she was 10.

Not true. He supported Marsha Hunt and Karis by buying a house in London and payin a monthly sum of money, right from the start. There's various stories where Jagger visited Karis already from the beginning on, and that he liked to hang out at the house because it was quiet and away from the limelight. Bianca apparently hated it when Jagger was at Karis's house. The only thing he didn't do until later was to officially acklowledge Karis.

Mathijs

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 24, 2011 15:00

24FPS
I believe Charlie's inexplicable heroin use, and his seedy condition, were one of the reasons Mick didn't think the band was stage ready in the mid-80s. And to clarify, Charlie admitted to using heroin in the 80s during the VL tour, not to doing heroin on the VL tour.

Correct -Watts was in bad shape due to heroin use, and was separated from his wife. Wood and Richards where both way out on crack cocaine, and they just made the most dreadful album of their carreer. Sufficient reason for Jagger to not tour with the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 24, 2011 18:26

the problem is that they never gave a shit

Posted by: M4000D ()
Date: July 24, 2011 21:29

When youre in a band in your 20s
You have no feelings for the other guy.
I know I didn't and I was nowhere in the same league as the stones

When I hear stories of Brian breaking down and curling up in a ball at the studio crying to me it sounds like drug withdraws from those crazy pills.

No one knew in the 60s Ehat those pills did.
Valium came out in 1963.

Posted by: Swedgen72 ()
Date: July 25, 2011 06:00

paulm
Points taken tonterapi that Lennon and others for that matter have a dark side that belies their peace & love public image. Heck even Macca had battering allegations in the past. The list goes on. I just don't romanticize these people, as some seem to.

By Jagger's account, BJ was the one who really pushed for success. Obviously, very early on, he--not Mick or Keith--was the focus of the band. I just think Keith was the artist, the composer, the real talent, not Brian. Brian was a very versatile instrumentalist. Disagree with me all you want, it's how I see it. And for me, the band went to their best level with Mick Taylor. Those are the recordings I return to time and again.

I think there's more to it than that. I think Keith's greatest talents were in coming up with signature riffs and grooves for the band, Jagger was able to compliment that with the right lyrics and structure. But I've got no doubt at all that the remaining members did far more than wait for the esteemed geniuses to wave their magic wands.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 25, 2011 13:44

Swedgen72
I think there's more to it than that. I think Keith's greatest talents were in coming up with signature riffs and grooves for the band, Jagger was able to compliment that with the right lyrics and structure. But I've got no doubt at all that the remaining members did far more than wait for the esteemed geniuses to wave their magic wands.
I believe so too although it's not popular to say so.

Posted by: headly123 ()
Date: July 25, 2011 20:16

Man I could put a weeks worth of grocery's in those bags under his eyes.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 25, 2011 23:58

His Majesty
Mathijs

I just doubt that. I haven't read much comments on this, but I read a lot of comments on his drug use. For example, Andrew Loog Oldham's books.

Mathijs

I've read many, more on drugs of course, but there's quite a number comments about his drinking from quite a number of people.

I think the same holds with Brian as does with Keith Richards - drinking doesn't count. It's the drugs, man. I also was surprised when I started to notice what a heavy drinker Brian was. There are already stories of their 1965 American tour when Brian supposedly drank a bottle of whiskey a day. And if I recall right, the little fan girl who was seeing Brian in his last days in '69 was horrified how much Brian drank all the time - that was at the time he was supposed to be cleaned out from the drugs (her 'beer belly' photos of Brian - the last ones of him ever - are the evidence from those days). Like someone mentioned above, his liver was in such a horrible state when checked after his death.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-26 00:00 by Doxa.

Date: July 26, 2011 02:46

It's easy to hide the alcohol abuse when you're mixing it with a bunch of other drugs. The drugs get blamed. I know people that can't drink unless they do a little toot with it, then they can drink all night, although they shouldn't.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: July 26, 2011 10:41

M4000D
When youre in a band in your 20s
You have no feelings for the other guy.
I know I didn't and I was nowhere in the same league as the stones

When I hear stories of Brian breaking down and curling up in a ball at the studio crying to me it sounds like drug withdraws from those crazy pills.

No one knew in the 60s Ehat those pills did.
Valium came out in 1963.

Thanks. Accurate and a very valid point. I too remember being in a band and the dynamics and how coldhearted one sometimes could be...as a teen. It's like being in a gang. They were young and with all that fame and money!
Brian was the guy how made them. Keith was the guy who came up with the signature riff, the first hit (after the Last time), Mick was the singer. Brian had to be the focal point or he'd be nothing.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home