Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: STILL LIFE vinyl thread
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:21

I got a mint pic vinyl from a car boot about 6 years for £4. I don't think I was had.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:35

DandelionPowderman
Under My Thumb, LSTNT, Shattered, Going To A Go Go, Let Me Go and Satisfaction have never been played better again. That´s 6 songs our of 10. Piss Poor live album?? Nah, not in my opinion...

There was a radio show (might have been King Biscuit) that played entire setlist (or almost)
from different venues around the US....taped it....listened to that most often.

I agree with you about Let Me Go.

To me...hearing UMT, Shattered etc.... are so different from studio verisons that it's
almost like listening to completely different songs. This does not mean i dislike them..however.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:48

sweet neo con
DandelionPowderman
Under My Thumb, LSTNT, Shattered, Going To A Go Go, Let Me Go and Satisfaction have never been played better again. That´s 6 songs our of 10. Piss Poor live album?? Nah, not in my opinion...

There was a radio show (might have been King Biscuit) that played entire setlist (or almost)

prolly referring to Supergroups in Concert, which issued a radio-only (i was a dj in those daze and grab myself a copy) promo of Still Life cuts plus added cuts that would have made it more complete as a set, but still missing several concert staples.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:54

StonesTod
sweet neo con
DandelionPowderman

prolly referring to Supergroups in Concert, which issued a radio-only (i was a dj in those daze and grab myself a copy) promo of Still Life cuts plus added cuts that would have made it more complete as a set, but still missing several concert staples.

yes..that sounds correct.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 1, 2010 19:58

DandelionPowderman
Under My Thumb, LSTNT, Shattered, Going To A Go Go, Let Me Go and Satisfaction have never been played better again. ...

Has Let Me Go been played on tour since?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:06

uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman
Under My Thumb, LSTNT, Shattered, Going To A Go Go, Let Me Go and Satisfaction have never been played better again. ...

no, but it still hasn't been played better...let's not get caught up in technicalities here....

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:11

StonesTod
uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

no, but it still hasn't been played better...let's not get caught up in technicalities here....

Many thanks, I didn't recall that it had been played since that tour.

Date: July 1, 2010 21:07

uhbuhgullayew
DandelionPowderman

At least on the entire 1982 tour. Haven´t heard a better version on my 82 boots winking smiley

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 1, 2010 21:57

I re-discovered this album last week and found it great..too short (maybe a longer one someday) but with great sound, particulary Bill bass playing...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 2, 2010 20:05

vudicus
Always loved the album, although it now gets rarely played after I discovered the wonders of bootlegs such as Hampton, Phoenix etc.

The UK vinyl pressing is my favorite, more meaty sounding than the US versions I've heard. None of the Cd releases have ever come close either in my opinion, it's always way too bright sounding.

Interesting indeed.
Still some differences between US and UK records in the 80's so..

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1990
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home