Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Green Day
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 27, 2010 16:55

Are the any fans of Green Day, here?

I first became aware of the Berkley trio around the time of Nimrod and admittedly, didn’t pay much attention. I then – like so many others, of course – became a fan upon the release of American Idiot and it’s gone from there. I do admire the way they have reinvented themselves and gained a new audience. Many ageing acts become a nostalgia-fest or allow themselves to age with their fan-base, but here we have a group who manage to attract a new, younger, audience for their music. Where as I am sure there are those who are solely aware of their American Idiot, EMO reinvention, I have been trawling through their back catalogue and discovering the joys of 10,39 Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and Kerplunk.

Re: OT: Green Day
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 27, 2010 18:20

I am and they are one of the best live acts on the planet.
21st Century Breakdown is a brilliant album.

Date: March 27, 2010 18:41

They are performing at Wembley Stadium this summer. Only seats up in the rafters are currently available, but I may yet head up on the afternoon and purchase a standing ticket from those kind old touts.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: March 27, 2010 20:45

Heard of em but never listen to them.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 27, 2010 20:47

One of the few newer bands I really like and respect and yes I know they are not really new anymore.

Date: March 27, 2010 21:29

slew
One of the few newer bands I really like and respect and yes I know they are not really new anymore.

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of 14-year-olds who think Green Day are in their 20's and formed in 2004. They're debut release (an EP) was 20-years ago. It's quite something that they manage to attract such a young fan-base, still.

Date: March 27, 2010 21:39

This is one of my favourite of the early Green Day tunes - great guitar solo!

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:01

I like them, but I'm less excited about the direction they've taken post-American Idiot. AI is a great record, but somewhere on that tour they started to believe their own hype, like they speak for everyone in a generation and that their songs can change the world.

Posted by: tomremi ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:02

Recently "discovered" the American Idiot album. It's great

-TomR

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 27, 2010 22:24

i'm a fan now but when dookie came out i thought they were poseurs...i now love that album. i've lost track of them since around 2000 though...

i was injured at one of their Van's Warp Tour shows. i was pushed and shoved from 3rd row side to front row center. sustained neck injury after being hit by the feet and asses of crowd surfers being passed to the front...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:16

American Idiot yet they are drowning in MOney. contradictions anyone?

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: March 28, 2010 01:38

I haven`t been listening to "new music" since the end of the 80s...

Date: March 28, 2010 08:40

noughties
I haven`t been listening to "new music" since the end of the 80s...

i stopped in 2002.

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 08:54

One of the very few bands I like a lot and have seen in concert from the last 2 decades (and I'm 46). Great show at Arco Arena in Sacramento on the American Idiot tour. Only downside was Billy Joe would yell "Sacramento!" about once a song....for the whole show

Date: March 28, 2010 08:57

i love the arco (echo) arena - saw a bunch of stones shows there in 99...

hey rochdale, i don't suppose you lived in rochdale village in berkeley, did you?

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 09:02

little queenie
i love the arco (echo) arena - saw a bunch of stones shows there in 99...

hey rochdale, i don't suppose you lived in rochdale village in berkeley, did you?

Naaaa, after a place in England. I liked Arco Arena, they had the stage in an open area on the side of the arena not at the end, much better viewing for the people in the seats.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 28, 2010 09:06

Green day .... Have a nude picnic with ya babe in grassy field....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 28, 2010 12:48

well, sometimes i listen to them but when I don´t I don´t like them really

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: March 28, 2010 15:33

I enjoy their music .

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: March 28, 2010 17:55

Loved 'em since Kerplunk!, but I think the latest album is a little too serious and overblown. Great hooks, though - just way bloated and self-important.

Check out the Foxboro Hot Tubs' Stop, Drop, & Roll album from '08 - it's Green Day under an alias basically playing '66-inspired garage rock. One of the most enjoyable albums I've heard in years.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 28, 2010 18:01

Rockman
Green day .... Have a nude picnic with ya babe in grassy field....

As we say in Holland the grass needs to be to butts highsmiling smiley

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 28, 2010 20:56

i find them uber unlistenable. fake johnny rotten accent kills the deal for me everytime... kind of punk lite or sumthin..... purty awful imo.

good rhythm section...but for me, as with chili peppers...nice sounding intriguing act and then the singer starts and then i'm gone

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 00:32

Beelyboy
i find them uber unlistenable. fake johnny rotten accent kills the deal for me everytime... kind of punk lite or sumthin..... purty awful imo.

good rhythm section...but for me, as with chili peppers...nice sounding intriguing act and then the singer starts and then i'm gone

Lol. yeah I hear that . . . I've never really listened to green day, i do think, however, they are a pretty good band, and their longevity is a good thing, also attracting the young keeps rock alive cool smiley . . .

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 29, 2010 03:21

Beelyboy

So you don't like them?

Height of Ignorance 100%
Beely Boy Breakdown of RHCP 95%

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 29, 2010 08:45

Brue
Beelyboy

So you don't like them?

Height of Ignorance 100%
Beely Boy Breakdown of RHCP 95%

dang i didnt know there was gonna be math ! dohhh

:-0

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 29, 2010 08:56

Sometimes they sounds like a real Punk-band....

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 29, 2010 09:00

Listen to Last Night On Earth from their latest record (entire song-studio version) and tell me what artist(s) it reminds you of.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: March 29, 2010 13:25

if they call it pop-rock i dig it. if they call it punk i just laugh about them!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 29, 2010 15:15

Agree with some on here. Hated them when they came out. Absolutely LOVE American Idiot - a true modern day masterpiece. My wife won their Greatest Hits at a benefit gala we attended sometime after the release of AI, and I'd forgotten how many of their songs I knew. I still don't like all of their songs, but they do definitely have enough that I like to say I'm a fan. I regret not having picked up 21st Century yet. The reason for that was that I never heard anything off of it. Not sure I'd pay to go see them though - but if someone were to call me with an extra ticket, I'd probably go.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-29 15:16 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: March 29, 2010 15:20

Come On
Sometimes they sounds like a real Punk-band....

eye rolling smiley

i like green day but my thought exactly. punch of wannabes

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home