Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Finland 65
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: March 25, 2010 11:41

Enjoy

Re: Finland 65
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 25, 2010 12:35

That's wicked! The Stones playing on some kind of beach in Finland. Looks chilly but beautiful. Love how they carried that girl away on the stretcher ... she obviously didn't faint from the heat... smiling smiley

Too bad it ain't got sound to it.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 25, 2010 12:46

Wow! I never seen this before - I've seen some b&w footage from this concert - that belongs to Finnish rock folklore these days - but nothing compared to this!thumbs up

Where the hell they (MTV3) found this? It is very rare to have any colour film from that era here. What's the story???eye popping smiley

Thanks, straycat58!!!

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 13:17 by Doxa.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 25, 2010 12:51

Doxa - I bet that's made your day. Amazing how these things get found. Wonder if there's any more of this gig. Any story behind the gig? What was the setlist?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 13:30 by Silver Dagger.

Date: March 25, 2010 12:53

If I'm not wrong, I remember another more recent fragment in which a granny is besides the TV set and there are black & white scenes of the same show with a terrible audio and the finnish speaker covering most of the music.
The band is playing ENSTL and then there's a scene with Charlie at the mic.
I can't find this video anymore.

I forgot to add that there's a video of the band arriving at the Helsinki airport.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 12:55 by straycat58.

Date: March 25, 2010 13:01

Here you find the video of the arrival at the airport plus an interview to Charlie and Mick, but can't give a date. Anybody can confirm the interviewer is Finnish?

[www.yle.fi]#

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 13:07 by straycat58.

Date: March 25, 2010 13:08

straycat58
Here you find the video of the arrival at the airport plus an interview to Charlie, but can't give a date .

[www.yle.fi]#

That's the radio interview of them in 1964 but this them arriving at Turku airport (to head to the Pori Yyteri concert): [www.yle.fi]#

Here the same cip in youtube:

YLE says that due to some copyright reasons they cannot any longer show actual footages of the live shows in their site. They used to had the clip of The Stones performing "Everybody Needs Somebody to Love"...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-25 13:10 by Doxa.

Date: March 25, 2010 13:12

straycat58
Here you find the video of the arrival at the airport plus an interview to Charlie and Mick, but can't give a date. Anybody can confirm the interviewer is Finnish?

[www.yle.fi]#

Finnish it is, I can confirm.

- Doxa

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 25, 2010 13:23

my dad was in the finnish army around this time. he was hired to work security for the stones. too bad he's not in the video, that would have been something!

Date: March 25, 2010 13:53

Doxa
That's the radio interview of them in 1964 but this them arriving at Turku airport (to head to the Pori Yyteri concert
- Doxa

I made a research but don't find anything about Finland in 1964. But it's mentioned the press conferenece at Torku airport on June 1965, same day of the Yteri concert.
Are you sure about 1964?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: March 25, 2010 14:00

23 July to 3 October 1960

Brian Jones hitch-hikes around Scandinavia with his guitar. There is no evidence that he ever visited Finland, however.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 April 1965

According to some sources, especially Bill Wyman, Stones play a outdoor show in Helsinki on this date. If the show really took place, there was no audience present. Bonanno's 1990 book claims Bill had an eye operation in London on the same day!

Summer 1965

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" tops some single chart in Finland.

25 June 1965

Coinciding with the Mid Summer party in Finland, a outdoor show is played at the Yyteri beach in Pori, which is regarded as Stones' first gig in Finland. Among a crowd of tens of thousands, 70 people are arrested. Kari Kuuva is opening. The show is still Stones most northern ever. Stones stays during their visit at Hotel Seurahuone in Turku.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: March 25, 2010 14:38

BEST STAGE EVER!!! In front of the ol' shed...

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: March 25, 2010 18:38

Great footage!!!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 25, 2010 20:52

[www.stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: March 25, 2010 21:35

Does anybody speak Finnish here? Could you translate the questions for the benefit of the rest of us? That would be fantastic - sounds like a really interesting interview. Mick obviously disenchanted with the US.

Also; 'I'm not sure how many friends I have in the group, either'
Candid.
http://www.yle.fi/

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: March 25, 2010 22:44

thanks

Date: March 25, 2010 23:02

mickijaggeroo
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Hi Vilhelm, I'm looking for the book Stones I Sverige, do you know where I can find one copy?

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: March 25, 2010 23:10

thanks for that link, mickijaggeroo!! i showed my dad the photos and he's pretty certain that he is in the shot of the crowd. he was pretty excited when he saw the photo, almost crying.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 26, 2010 08:56

Incredible! I was probably in Finland that summer but had no idea of this happening...sad smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 26, 2010 09:08

Lenny and the Leakings?confused smiley
Are you kidding, Mickijaggeroo?smiling smiley
I suppose it is the Swedish 60's-group Lenne and the Lee Kings?
They were opening act for the Stones in Finland 1965.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 09:46 by Thommie.

Date: March 26, 2010 09:44

straycat58
Doxa
That's the radio interview of them in 1964 but this them arriving at Turku airport (to head to the Pori Yyteri concert
- Doxa

I made a research but don't find anything about Finland in 1964. But it's mentioned the press conferenece at Torku airport on June 1965, same day of the Yteri concert.
Are you sure about 1964?

Pretty sure about it. The interview took place in England, and the site says it was in 1964.

- Doxa

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 26, 2010 10:46

What's wrong with Lenne & The Lee Kings? They were amongst the 10 biggest bands in Sweden 1965. Great opening act for the Stones...

Date: March 26, 2010 12:58

nkt44
Does anybody speak Finnish here? Could you translate the questions for the benefit of the rest of us? That would be fantastic - sounds like a really interesting interview. Mick obviously disenchanted with the US.

Also; 'I'm not sure how many friends I have in the group, either'
Candid.
http://www.yle.fi/

Well, I try.

(to note: the interviewer is not a native spaeker of Finnish - she speaks strangely. And she don't know much about The Stones.). Her quotes are in bold.

The whole thing starts with just saying "next we are going to introduce - believe or not - the Rolling Stones"

"the first one to begin is Charlie"

- Charlie's interview all in English -

"Next you are going to hear MIKE's (!!!) interview. He is one of the Rolling Stones"

"Do the people use you in their advertisements?" (a strange question!!!)

Mike answers...

"Isn't it dangerous for you to walk on the streets nowadays because all your female fans try to tear your clothes off from you?

Mike...

"Do you have needed to sacrify something for your career(/in your career) and what do you miss most?"

Mike answers, and then the next question (the long hair-issue) is in English...with Jagger's answer "No."...grinning smiley

Then back to Finnish:

"Who are your real friends, and how do you have time to meet them?"

"Have you done any future plans in the case you stop singing?"

Jagger's answer is priceless!!! (buing a fish and ships shop in East London...)

"Could anyone of you consider the possiblity to be a solo singer?"(Strange question again: shows that she knows next to nothing of the band...)

"Where are you going to go in your next tour?"

"What was your impression of America when you were touring there?"
(It could be the case that the interview took place after their first American tour?)

Jagger still sounds so European and is very critical of American people... almost mocks them.eye popping smiley

Okay, that's about it.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 13:08 by Doxa.

Date: March 26, 2010 13:18

From the base of what "Mike" says of their tour plans, the interview most probably took place between 11 of October (the end of British tour) and 20 October 1964 (L'Olympia gig in Paris). The dates are according to Gazza's ROCKS OFF site set list.

Funny though, Jagger is there speculating about the possibility to visit Finland, but is quite frank about it: it is up to the fact if there is enough money in it... nothing's changed so much...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-26 13:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: March 26, 2010 13:26

Doxa - you are my hero! smileys with beer Thanks a million.

Date: March 26, 2010 13:42

My pleasure.

- Doxa

Date: March 26, 2010 17:32

thanks Doxa.
so , the interview took place in UK and not in Torku.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 26, 2010 18:52

straycat58
mickijaggeroo
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Hi Vilhelm, I'm looking for the book Stones I Sverige, do you know where I can find one copy?

Talkin about this one?
[www.bokfynd.nu]
As you can see you can purchase it from several websites.

Date: March 27, 2010 00:58

Thommie
Lenny and the Leakings?confused smiley
Are you kidding, Mickijaggeroo?smiling smiley
I suppose it is the Swedish 60's-group Lenne and the Lee Kings?
They were opening act for the Stones in Finland 1965.

I´m sorry, I misheard the name over telephone, and sad to say, I did not check it. I will fix itsmiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: March 27, 2010 00:59

straycat58
mickijaggeroo
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Mail me, and I´ll get a you a copy, do you want it signed? It´s co-authored by Ove Tingvall, and he´s a Stones Viking :[www.stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home