Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

are you a live song collector?
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:18

i know some of you have seen the stones dozens of times. i myself am not so lucky. i've seen them a mere two times.
however i still feel like a song collector for the stones and many other bands. it is as though there is a list i have of songs i want to check off that i have heard.

for example i still wish to see cyhmk, sway, paint it black, love in vain, beast of burden and monkey man. all songs that i feel would be possible to hear.

i am a big tragically hip fan, i have seen them 6 times now, and each time i try to collect another song from the day for night album. i was a late comer to the hip (and the stones) so the hip rarely play songs from that album. but each time i hear one, i can check another off my 'list'.

other than in another land and citadel, do you folks have any songs that are still on your hope to hear list?

Re: are you a live song collector?
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:34

Yes, and I always burns a CD with same live-songs as from the concert I've just have been visited. This goes for the bigger artists like Dylan Stones and Springsteen where I have some boots with live-stuff...and official also of course...

smoking smileycool smileydrinking smileycool smileysmoking smiley

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: March 17, 2010 16:52

Their version of CYHMK in Washington DC in '02 was incredible. Ronnie's solo blew people away ... but Mick's harmonica solo was even better! I would love to hear that one more time.

I was knocked out when they played 'Connection' in Atlantic City, NJ - Keith on vocals and it was good.

I would love it if they pulled out a great old number for an accoustic set: 'I Am Waiting.' But I don't have the realistic expectation that they will. If he's in the mood to be a little tongue in cheek, maybe Mick will decide to try 'Lady Jane' on stage for the first time since the '60's; again, I'm not counting on it but would be thrilled.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: March 17, 2010 18:52

A stones fan is indeed a live song collector in a way or another.

I'm pretty sure that almost all of us are collecting the bootlegs of the shows they've seen + at least the classic boots (Brussels 73, Atlantic City 89, Hampton 81 etc...)

I also am looking for the concerts where "rare" songs were performed, and trying to get all Soundboards/Mixing/ALD/matrix recordings, since they are more "comfortable" to listen to casually.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-03-17 18:53 by Doc.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 19, 2010 15:23

Yes, although I don't have any of those classic boots, but I hope to one day, and I only have a limited collection of the 11 shows I've actually attended. I do keep a log of all the songs I've heard live and how many times, as well as the shows - place and date and opening act.....here's my song list:

Satisfaction – 10
It’s Only Rock n Roll – 9
Let’s Spend the Night Together – 4
Flip the Switch
Gimme Shelter – 3
Sister Morphine
Anybody Seen My Baby
19th Nervous Breakdown
Out Of Control – 4
Star Star
Miss You – 8
All About You
I Wanna Hold You
Little Queenie
Crazy Mama
The Last Time
Sympathy For The Devil – 10
Tumbling Dice – 10
Honky Tonk Women – 11
Start Me Up – 11
Jumpin Jack Flash – 11
Brown Sugar – 11
Bitch – 2
You Got Me Rocking – 5
Respectable
Memory Motel
Saint Of Me
Some Girls
Paint It Black – 6
You Got the Silver – 3
Before They Make Me Run – 3
Route 66
Get Off My Cloud – 3
Midnight Rambler – 7
Street Fighting Man
If You Can’t Rock Me
Don’t Stop
Rocks Off – 2
Love In Vain
Let It Bleed
Monkey Man – 2
Slipping Away – 2
Love Train
Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
Mannish Boy
Shattered – 2
Rough Justice – 8
Back Of My Hand – 3
Beast Of Burden – 2
She’s So Cold – 5
Heartbreaker
Night Time is the Right Time – 3
The Worst – 4
Infamy – 4
Oh No, Not You Again – 6
You Can’t Always Get What You Want – 7
Ruby Tuesday
All Down the Line – 2
Get Up Stand Up
Live With Me – 3
Love Is Strong
Worried About You
Rain Fall Down – 2
This Place Is Empty
Happy
Sway
Sweet Virginia
Streets Of Love – 2
Ain’t Too Proud To Beg
Little T&A – 2
Under My Thumb
Dead Flowers

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 19, 2010 16:53

I always prefer live ones rather than dead. But since times are hard these days you sometimes gotta take what you can.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1549
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home