Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT- Crossroads guitar players in town
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 25, 2010 20:01

Some big name guitar players in Chicago this weekend for Claptons big gig. Tonight over at Martyrs Albert Lee and Hogans heros are playing along with some guests. James Burton is playing there tonight as well. I'm going since this is a good club and the music should really swing with these lineups.

Re: OT- Crossroads guitar players in town
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 25, 2010 20:03

Wow, some heavy hitters! Have fun and give us a report!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: June 25, 2010 22:31

Look out for someone closer to this board too ;-)

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 25, 2010 22:39

filstan
Tonight over at Martyrs Albert Lee and Hogans heros are playing along with some guests. James Burton is playing there tonight as well.

This breaks my heart. Chicago my hometown. I'm flying out there for 4th of July weekend. Off by ONE freakin' week. Damn

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 26, 2010 02:07

mattleeuk
Look out for someone closer to this board too ;-)

Ummm... care to be more specific? As someone with his ear to the ground, you have piqued my interest!

Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: June 26, 2010 06:40

Here's a little hint... what a show it will be!

[www.wgnradio.com]

Date: June 26, 2010 17:45

Justin
filstan
Tonight over at Martyrs Albert Lee and Hogans heros are playing along with some guests. James Burton is playing there tonight as well.

This breaks my heart. Chicago my hometown. I'm flying out there for 4th of July weekend. Off by ONE freakin' week. Damn

You can always make it out to Fitzgeralds Saturday. Go for it.

Date: June 26, 2010 18:39

The show was fun last night at Martyrs. Hot and sweaty affair that didn't disappoint. Thankfully, the weiss beer was both plentiful and cold. Albert Lee and Hogans Hero's led the way. Gary Hogan on the pedal steel was fantastic as was Gavin Posey on keyboards. Posey led some rollicking numbers, with his vocals and keyboard work reminiscent of Geraint Watkins. Hogan is such a versatile pedal player. Sweet country licks, rock fills, and leads mixed well with Albert on guitar. Albert Lee, well what can you say. Blistering fretboard work. Pleasure to hear such a good player. Speaking of great players, Vince Gill joined in along with James Burton(JB!), and Ricky Skaggs on accoustic guitar! What can you say about these guys? While the stage was full the arrangements worked great. I though JB was a little down in the mix, but otherwise the sound was perfect in the club. So cool to see JB play in person. He still has the chops. Sometimes multiple guitar players can become overbearing and ego driven, but these guys played seamlessly and clearly had some fun playing together. Vince Gill is so good. I thought the highlight of the evening was when Albert introduced his daughter Alex who came on stage and sang 3 numbers with the band. Lively rendition of Luxury Liner and She. Alex sounds just like a young Emmylou. Phenomenal vocals. Albert really looked proud. A great gig. I'm upset off that I missed Jimmy Vaughn at Legends Thursday. I didn't know he was playing. Son of a....

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 26, 2010 18:48

Jimmy Vaughan at Legends this past Thursday? Wow!

Thanks for the review of the Martyr's show, filstan.

Have fun everybody, should be a fantastic guitarfest this time around.
I'm sooo said not to be going, already hoping for the next one, if
it happens.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: June 26, 2010 18:56

Missing Jimmy Vaughan is not really a big deal....sorry.

I saw Steve Hackett last night soundcheck...when there was painful feedback, I never heard somebody yell "YOU C___ ! " (Ryhmes with runt) so loud in my life. Other than that he was a nice guy.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 26, 2010 20:05

Woody was at Buddy Guy's Legends last night...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home