Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: FINALLY !!! A1 Outtake "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: June 26, 2010 19:48

treaclefingers
Save Me, or Criss Cross Mind, should have been a single, AND I think they should release it as a single either RIGHT NOW, or hmmm...with whatever the next outtakes release is.

MAYBE, they could cobble together a Tattoo You II?

great song but could somebody go and wipe the version with the horrible sax so its never heard again?

Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 26, 2010 19:52

toomuchforme
very known outtakes but the quality is superior this time. The uploader must have some gems ...

Available in this quality since more than 15 years (issued in 1995 by Midnight Beat).
Not really the find of the year.

Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 26, 2010 20:08

mitch
toomuchforme
very known outtakes but the quality is superior this time. The uploader must have some gems ...

Available in this quality since more than 15 years (issued in 1995 by Midnight Beat).

Helter is not exactly cool, calm, collected.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 04:02

mitchflorida
Why did the Stones dump Jimmy Miller? He was responsible for some of the Stones best material.
he was falling apart because of his heroin addiction. mick had to finish mixing both exile and goats head soup which is why the sound is muddy on both albums.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 27, 2010 04:20

ghostryder13
mitchflorida
Why did the Stones dump Jimmy Miller? He was responsible for some of the Stones best material.
he was falling apart because of his heroin addiction. mick had to finish mixing both exile and goats head soup which is why the sound is muddy on both albums.

As much as I like Miller's work with the Stones, I think his mixes on BB and LIB were too clean (Sticky was just right) and I am very grateful he didn't oversee the Exile mix as closely. It would not have been the same album.

FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 27, 2010 04:33

midnrambler
Why "FINALLY"? It's available since a long time on "Acetates" (Midnight Beat). So absolutely nothing new here!

So why didn't you post it then big man ???

MY APOLOGIES - OH!!!....SO VERY VERY SORRY - I didn't know YOU were coming around to listen to it !!! !!! You know what? Next time just PASS IT BY and Don't f*ckin' stop and listen to it Mister "Know It All Bragging Walking Talking Genius". A lot of people wanna hear it, get it?!?!?!?! I put it up for me and my IORR friends - next time, pass it by, put your fingers in your ears.

Here, since you seem to own ever Stones outtake the music won't interest you so this question is just for you

Which Stone wore the coolest shoes in 1972??? There you go, JUST FOR YOU.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 04:38 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 05:12

thank you

Posted by: Hansel ()
Date: June 27, 2010 05:21

Thanks,we can listen to these great outtakes online and not pay a cent.I hope they do Deluxes for all the classix,SF GHS SG etc.Being a tight ass I like to get things for sale prices and hot shot bargains.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 27, 2010 06:06

According to mitchflorida the Stones "dumped" Jimmy Miller after Exile so mitch, why would you even say such a thing about Save Me?

Did Miller actually do the mixing for the albums? That is one thing I'm not sure of. It's pretty safe to guess that Jagger had a huge hand in it. But I'm quite confident that Miller had zero to do with mixing.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 27, 2010 11:49

HelterSkelter
midnrambler
Why "FINALLY"? It's available since a long time on "Acetates" (Midnight Beat). So absolutely nothing new here!

MY APOLOGIES - OH!!!....SO VERY VERY SORRY - I didn't know YOU were coming around to listen to it !!! !!! You know what? Next time just PASS IT BY and Don't f*ckin' stop and listen to it Mister "Know It All Bragging Walking Talking Genius". A lot of people wanna hear it, get it?!?!?!?! I put it up for me and my IORR friends - next time, pass it by, put your fingers in your ears.

Here, since you seem to own ever Stones outtake the music won't interest you so this question is just for you

Which Stone wore the coolest shoes in 1972??? There you go, JUST FOR YOU.......

Cool down!!!

At least, midnrambler got the facts right - this high quality version is not a new find as your thread title suggests. People even start to rip the audio from the Youtube clip because they are led to believe that its the latest sensation, not being aware that this version in this quality is readily available on a plethora of boots and uploads since ts original release more than a decade ago on Midnight Beat.

Just drop the "FINALLY" from the thread title and all is well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 11:53 by alimente.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 27, 2010 12:10

skipstone
Did Miller actually do the mixing for the albums? That is one thing I'm not sure of. It's pretty safe to guess that Jagger had a huge hand in it. But I'm quite confident that Miller had zero to do with mixing.

confused smiley

Of course he did!

Date: June 27, 2010 12:11

128 kbps ???? Ouch.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 27, 2010 13:16

HelterSkelter
midnrambler

It has been posted here probably more than 10 times.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 27, 2010 14:34

Cool it Helter Skelter - you're 10 years late on the bootleg-front, yet you feel offended that somebody mentions this......? Good grief

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 27, 2010 15:50

helter has been spending to much time on a boat with friends drinking wine LOL, thats why he thinks this is a new find

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 27, 2010 17:56

wow, folks are pretty harsh over a moment of good intentioned sharing. I for one haven't heard this in this good of quality. All my versions are crappy MP3s with a lot of warble. This one is crisp and much better quality. So thanks Helter! And is seems like there are a few new members that haven't even heard it before, so good to turn them on to the gem.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 27, 2010 18:03

71Tele
As much as I like Miller's work with the Stones, I think his mixes on BB and LIB were too clean (Sticky was just right) and I am very grateful he didn't oversee the Exile mix as closely. It would not have been the same album.

I know what you're saying, but would you think his mixes on the first 2 albums were too clean if you had never heard Sticky Fingers? I'm not sure it's fair to judge them based on a sound he got later.

Date: June 27, 2010 18:13

cc
71Tele

I know what you're saying, but would you think his mixes on the first 2 albums were too clean if you had never heard Sticky Fingers? I'm not sure it's fair to judge them based on a sound he got later.

Yes...It's a very minor criticism, but the mix in LIB is so clean it takes some of the life out of the great songs on this record, imo, especially Midnight Rambler.

Date: June 27, 2010 19:17

Posted by: sneaky ()
Date: June 26, 2010 02:18

Just added it in the 'Hot Stuff' section as an MP3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for putting up the Criss Cross man Mp3 on Hot Stuff. Could you also do the same for Fast Talking Slow Walking?

Many Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-27 19:21 by wanderingspirit66.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 27, 2010 19:43

71Tele
cc
71Tele

Yes...It's a very minor criticism, but the mix in LIB is so clean it takes some of the life out of the great songs on this record, imo, especially Midnight Rambler.

I totally agree with you, cc. The songs on LIB are great (except Country Honk, and Live With Me is also not a favourite of mine), but the performance (the mix being a very important element) is too clean.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:05

thanks!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:12

mitch
HelterSkelter
midnrambler

It has been posted here probably more than 10 times.

Midnight Beat:

[www.iorr.org]

But it doesn't contain Fast Talking, Slow Walking and it's in mp3.

So those who say "It has been posted here probably more than 10 times" I would ask for the proper link (FT, SW included of course).

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 27, 2010 20:14

whitem8
wow, folks are pretty harsh over a moment of good intentioned sharing..

nope..this is why people react harshly. Helter gets nasty so quickly (one example of many):

HS: "So why didn't you post it then big man ???

Which Stone wore the coolest shoes in 1972??? There you go, JUST FOR YOU......."

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: June 27, 2010 23:47

71Tele
ghostryder13
mitchflorida

I think Miller did oversee Exile mix, and Mick Jagger always said how horrible the mix sounded. I listened to the new and improved remixed version and didn't find any earthshaking differences.

Compare the Stones during the Jimmy Miller era, and post-Jimmy Miller.

No contest. I will take Jimmy Miller any day ..

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:03

Ahh haven't heard this tune in about ten years, then incomplete, Thanks!!!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:39

mitch
toomuchforme

It has been available at least since '92, so that's 18 years.

In my humble opinion, it's a nice outtake, but nothing more. It doesn't have a real hook except for the intro, and it doesn''t really go nowhere.

Mathijs

Re: The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 28, 2010 00:42

HelterSkelter
midnrambler

I CUT MY CRAP WAY DOWN (the complete text is repeated all over this page. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or a tall Iced Coffee) - HELTER RESPONSES WITH A RATHER HARSH RETORT - HARSH BUT NO ONE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL COVERED IN BLOOD (ain't gonna happen due to me, I don't PHYSICALLY fight - find it idiotic) SO HELTER FEELS IT CAN BE HANDLED BY ALL THE GROWN UP BIG BOYS AND GALS AROUND HERE

alimente
Cool down!!!....... At least, midnrambler got the facts right - this high quality version is not a new find as your thread title suggests. People even start to rip the audio from the Youtube clip because they are led to believe that its the latest sensation, not being aware that this version in this quality is readily available on a plethora of boots and uploads since ts original release more than a decade ago on Midnight Beat.

Just drop the "FINALLY" from the thread title and all is well. -Aliment's last quote.(wanted it to stand out so didn't "box" it)-

NOW ALIMENTE HAS CLASS, MANNERS, AND WAS BROUGHT RIGHT. THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE. A SLIGHT BIT OF PEPPER MIXED IN WITH MANNERS AND KINDNESS. THANKS ALIMENTE, A TRUE GENTLEMAN !!! (this is serious, no joke) SINCERELY, HELTER PS, check out the new title smiling smiley (gotta keep it on the original so midnrambler's complaint makes sense.....)

Date: June 28, 2010 00:56

I am guessing that the track was produced by Jimmy Miller and mixed by Andy Johns. Jimmy's job entailed overseeing the mixing with the engineer .

Date: June 28, 2010 00:57

mitchflorida
71Tele
ghostryder13
mitchflorida

I think Miller did oversee Exile mix, and Mick Jagger always said how horrible the mix sounded. I listened to the new and improved remixed version and didn't find any earthshaking differences.

That's because IT WAS NOT RE-MIXED, only remastered, as Jagger himself stated. I do not think Miller was much involved in the original Exile mixing, from all the accounts I have read, it was Mick, Keith and Andy Johns - mostly Johns on the final version.

Date: June 28, 2010 00:58

kleermaker
71Tele
cc
71Tele

I totally agree with you, cc. The songs on LIB are great (except Country Honk, and Live With Me is also not a favourite of mine), but the performance (the mix being a very important element) is too clean.

Don't worry. Mick and Keith will probably release a newly "re-mixed" version of Let It Bleed next year. More $$$ for them . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 01:00 by mitchflorida.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home