Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 15, 2011 16:40

This came on my iPod (which is on random shuffle) last night and, ohhhhh baby, did it sound FANTASTIC!!!!

Many thanks (again) to Helter and sneaky for posting!!

Drew

Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 8, 2020 18:17

I made a GHS+ playlist recently and included CCM (I can list the tracks here but because it includes officially released material I think I can't post it). I think it reflects the high standards of the time that it wasn't included on GHS. I liken it to Monkey Man, both songs start off on fire and just dud out.

Anyways, here's the tracklist, if anybody's going stir crazy from staying inside and has nothing else to do. Or, if you like, email me and I'll send it to you via weTransfer.
01) Heartbreaker - GHS
02) Angie - GHS
03) Angie - Brussels 73 #1
04) Silver Train early mix
05) Criss Cross Mind
06) Hide Your Love - GHS
07) "Star Star" - GHS
08) Rocks Off - Mickboy
09) "Star Star" - LA 10th July 1975
10) Heartbreaker - Ibid
11) IORR - LA 13th July 1975
12) Silver Train - GHS
13) Coming Down Again - GHS

I believe the version of GHS I used was the CBS release. Funnily enough, it has the best sound out of all the releases.

Date: April 8, 2020 18:28

"Monkey Man" fizzles out? When Jagger comes in yelping and screeching after the solo break.

I agree that the version of 'Criss Cross' that we are left with never climaxes. It may hit a certain high too early, and then plateaus. It's probably because it is still just a demo. Jagger wasn't really done with it.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 8, 2020 20:18

Palace Revolution 2000
"Back to Zero" fizzles out when Jagger comes in yelping and screeching after the solo break.

Fixed for authenticity.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: April 9, 2020 05:20

Palace Revolution 2000
"Monkey Man" fizzles out? When Jagger comes in yelping and screeching after the solo break.

I agree that the version of 'Criss Cross' that we are left with never climaxes. It may hit a certain high too early, and then plateaus. It's probably because it is still just a demo. Jagger wasn't really done with it.

I know, I don't think it's a popular opinion. But I've been listening to it since 1972, and I have the right to pick out a couple of their songs ("Short and Curlies" is another waste of breath) that I feel they kind left behind like a baby in a pram when they went shopping and never returned for it.

I think "Monkey Man" was that there was no more studio time to mess around. Do you know they were performing that album and it wasn't even released until after Altamont?

Date: April 9, 2020 15:08

HEILOOBAAS
Palace Revolution 2000

I know, I don't think it's a popular opinion. But I've been listening to it since 1972, and I have the right to pick out a couple of their songs ("Short and Curlies" is another waste of breath) that I feel they kind left behind like a baby in a pram when they went shopping and never returned for it.

I think "Monkey Man" was that there was no more studio time to mess around. Do you know they were performing that album and it wasn't even released until after Altamont?

I'm curious; you think Monkey Man feels unfinished? Like a certain section, or a certain performance?
"Short & Curlies"is a weird one. Because if you sit down and play it, you notice that "hmm, this isn't half bad". It may be the lousy lyrics that ruin that song for everyone. Playing a song can make a difference. IMO "Hold Back" is one of their absolute worst songs. But MelBelli had mentioned it in another thread, and I;m playing it, and again I think "Well it isn't all that bad; if the drums only didn't sound like a pile-up on the freeway..".
Yes, LIB came out at the end of US Tour. To be technical I think it actually came out the day before Altamont. What is noteworthy is that they were already working on 'Sticky Fingers", and "Let it Bleed" wasn't out yet.
And lastly, I just got to ask, what does your posting name stand for? It's kind of a cool looking word.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home