Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:35

Maybe I'm missing something here...no disrespect to the original poster, but this has to be one of the most released outtakes. I guess it just goes to show there's new blood in the fan base...which is a good thing.

Re: FINALLY !!! The Amazing Unreleased 1973 "CRISS CROSS MIND" In Excellent Stereo Sound !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:47

whitem8
wow, folks are pretty harsh over a moment of good intentioned sharing..

whitem8 - cause JEALOUSY is out of control these days, simple as that. I mean, why would anyone take the time and effort to COMPLAIN about a Stones musical post of a great unreleased song unless you're BORED AS HELL? If I drive by a restaurant who's food I don't like I don't go in and start telling them "hey ,your food sucks you pathetic peeps", I just drive on by groovin' to the music blasting in the car. I don't have time or am full of massive insecurty to waste my time on such mundane nothingness....(Helter's response to the cool and intelligent whitem8)

sweet neo con
nope..this is why people react harshly. Helter gets down to reality so quickly (man, I admire that, wish I could) check out this gem:

HS: "So why didn't you post it then ???

MY APOLOGIES - OH!!!....SO VERY VERY SORRY - I didn't know YOU were coming around to listen to it !!! !!! You know what? Next time just PASS IT BY and Don't f*ckin' stop and listen to it Mister "Know It All Bragging Walking Talking Genius". A lot of people wanna hear it, get it?!?!?!?! I put it up for me and my IORR friends - next time, pass it by, put your fingers in your ears.

LOOK AT THIS SNC GUY, HOW HE FOLLOWS ME AROUND - SO Obsessed (has all kinds of examples of my writings smiling smiley WHOA!!! Dog gone it man, THAT IS SO CUTE !!!SNC, if you want me to AUTOGRAPH a B/W Sears basement 8x10 photo - JUST FOR YOU (with personal message included of course) - let me know AMIGO smiling smiley Your Friend, Helter PS Leave your E-mail Dude....Take care my friend !!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 28, 2010 01:47

shadooby
Maybe I'm missing something here...no disrespect to the original poster, but this has to be one of the most released outtakes. I guess it just goes to show there's new blood in the fan base...which is a good thing.

shadooby, I uploaded this good version of CCM myself on YT, so I had it already. I also had Fast Walking, Slow Talking already, but not in the good sound quality of the video HelterSkelter posted.

Can you tell me where I can download the bootleg whereon FW, ST in this good quality is?

Date: June 28, 2010 01:49

shadooby

THIS IS POLITE AND CLASSY - WELL MANNERED, NO PROBLEM FROM ME HERE. THE GUY MIGHT BE RIGHT - HELTER

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: June 28, 2010 07:13

The song is definitely a product of its time with the wah-wah guitar, but it is retro cool. It would fit nicely on to the soundtrack of a Shaft movie!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 28, 2010 10:55

kleermaker
But it doesn't contain Fast Talking, Slow Walking and it's in mp3.

Normal, it is not on the same boot...

kleermaker
So those who say "It has been posted here probably more than 10 times" I would ask for the proper link (FT, SW included of course).

I am not a social worker, sorry. Use the search button.

Date: June 28, 2010 11:00

Mathijs
It has been available at least since '92, so that's 18 years.

Not in this quality.

Date: June 28, 2010 11:14

This quality?? It was a 128 kbps mp3 posted in the "Hot Stuff" pages.

Date: June 28, 2010 11:21

Winning Ugly VXII
This quality?? It was a 128 kbps mp3 posted in the "Hot Stuff" pages.

I am talking about the youtube version (remember the topic) which is the Acetates version from Midnight Beat issued in 1995 and which was a huge upgrade at the time.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: June 28, 2010 11:55

Thanks for shearing!

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 28, 2010 14:18

HelterSkelter

sweet neo con
nope..this is why people react harshly. Helter gets down to reality so quickly (man, I admire that, wish I could) check out this gem: obviously this line (which i highlighted in red..was added by HelterSkelter.

HS: "So why didn't you post it then ???

MY APOLOGIES - OH!!!....SO VERY VERY SORRY - I didn't know YOU were coming around to listen to it !!! !!! You know what? Next time just PASS IT BY and Don't f*ckin' stop and listen to it Mister "Know It All Bragging Walking Talking Genius". A lot of people wanna hear it, get it?!?!?!?! I put it up for me and my IORR friends - next time, pass it by, put your fingers in your ears.

Hey Helter...quit misquoting me by adding to my post (see above - highlighted in red).

Seriously, check into anger management or don't be so ultra-sensitive about your posts (specifically
the threads you start.....that go nowhere..then you "bump" them or scold people for no contributing....??).

And adding to people's posts to change their original statement is definitely not cool. I don't think bv would
think it's cool either.

I can almost understand when you get nutty on political topics because people are passionate
about politics...but to go off the deep end because of a bootlegged song??? or a thread with a limited shelf-life??? wow.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 14:24 by sweet neo con.

Date: June 28, 2010 14:31

mitch
kleermaker
But it doesn't contain Fast Talking, Slow Walking and it's in mp3.

Normal, it is not on the same boot...

kleermaker
So those who say "It has been posted here probably more than 10 times" I would ask for the proper link (FT, SW included of course).

I am not a social worker, sorry. Use the search button.

Thank you very kindly for your fantastic advice.
Well, it's clear you don't have the bootleg with Fast Talking in this good sound quality nor know of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 14:32 by kleermaker.

Date: June 28, 2010 15:14

kleermaker
Well, it's clear you don't have the bootleg with Fast Talking in this good sound quality nor know of it.

As I am in a good mood today, I will give you a tip: try Place Pigalle from VGP...
Now go and fetch.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 15:15 by mitch.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 28, 2010 15:33

Uh huh.

Anyway, back to the subject, I remember when...Napster came along. Or is may have been Morpheus, which then somehow changed to Kazzaa? that I found Save Me.

I was floored.

And right in the, just past the middle part time wise, I think, of the song there was this horrendous moment of about 5 seconds of static! I had never heard it before yet alone ever seen any boots with it. At that time the only boots I had were, studio wise, the Voodoo boots and Static In The Attic (I think) and the Hot Stuff 4 disc set (dunno if there is more than one). I put it on CD along with some other things I had found at the time and, well, hell if I know what happened to it.

So to be able to continue to listen to this tune online when someone finds interest in it it - hell yeah bring it on. I don't have it on CD. Hopefully the stupid Stones will put it out. But until then, if youtube is the only way to enjoy these tunes that some people seem to be upset about some people still finding them now and letting people know, well, if the official releases ever come out they can just stick with their boots since they'd be so upset that they are officially released.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 28, 2010 15:49

mitch
kleermaker

As I am in a good mood today, I will give you a tip: try Place Pigalle from VGP...
Now go and fetch.

Geez you do sound like a grumpy old man...go back to bed.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:37

sweet neo con
Hey Helter...quit misquoting me by adding to my post (see above - highlighted in red).

Seriously, check into anger management or don't be so ultra-sensitive about your posts (specifically
the threads you start.....that go nowhere..then you "bump" them or scold people for no contributing....??).

And adding to people's posts to change their original statement is definitely not cool. I don't think bv would
think it's cool either.

I can almost understand when you get nutty on political topics because people are passionate
about politics...but to go off the deep end because of a bootlegged song??? or a thread with a limited shelf-life??? wow.

Not to mention, by adding the "FINALLY" with the ruse to make others think this is a new, never-before-heard version is very uncool (I've had a great quality version for at least 10 years now and thought of it as the 'common' version) - no matter how much you want your thread to matter, no need to mis-represent. As has happened, others will call the poster out for it.

Edit ... btw, I had never heard Fast Talking, Slow Walking before, so to the poster's credit, that was VERY COOL!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-28 18:39 by LeonidP.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:06

Date: June 28, 2010 20:09

scottkeef
[www.iorr.org]

Thanks scottkeef, that's kind of you. But it isn't the right boot, because the version of Fast Talking on it is the bad one. The good one you can find here (but alas, not the best version of CCM).

[www.iorr.org]

The best version of CCM can also be found here:

[www.iorr.org]

But our attentive fellow member mitch meant imo Place Pigalle VGP-362

I found it here, but it's no longer on RapidShare. Maybe it could be re-uploaded by mifamifa:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 28, 2010 22:32

mitch
Mathijs

Not in this quality.

Sure it was, both in tape trading circles and even on CD. If I recall correctly, there was a CD in '92 called, aptly, 'Save Me', with a collection of never-before released on CD tracks.

Mathijs

Date: June 29, 2010 01:12

Mathijs
mitch
Mathijs

Not in this quality.

Sure it was, both in tape trading circles and even on CD. If I recall correctly, there was a CD in '92 called, aptly, 'Save Me', with a collection of never-before released on CD tracks.

Mathijs

I used to have this CD.
The version of CCM on this boot had sax at the end, missed the intro and the sound was not very good. Nothing to do with the Actetates CD version (no sax, more complete and near official sound).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-29 01:14 by mitch.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 29, 2010 06:08

Miller was too loaded on the mistress to really function anymore mitchflorida. Pretty sure that's why he got the heave-ho.

Date: June 29, 2010 06:37

71Tele
cc
71Tele
As much as I like Miller's work with the Stones, I think his mixes on BB and LIB were too clean (Sticky was just right) and I am very grateful he didn't oversee the Exile mix as closely. It would not have been the same album.

I know what you're saying, but would you think his mixes on the first 2 albums were too clean if you had never heard Sticky Fingers? I'm not sure it's fair to judge them based on a sound he got later.

Yes...It's a very minor criticism, but the mix in LIB is so clean it takes some of the life out of the great songs on this record, imo, especially Midnight Rambler.

I know what you chaps (chappettes?) mean but I absolutely love the mix and production of the big four. I think mixes and prods like "Monkey man" are sublime and ahead of their time. Well if not that they were certainly the best producing happening till then at that includes the great Abbey Road.

Even the weird sound and crunched mix of SFM is a first and sounds perfect even though it sounds rather flawed at the same time.

Apart from "Angie" I don't care too much for the prduction of GHS een tho the mixing is very good.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 29, 2010 11:34

Thank you! I'd never heard Fast Talking, Slow Walking. What a treat. And I love Save Me, so happy to hear it anytime.

As for boots being available on CD since 1992...many here weren't even out of high school then, let alone collecting Stones bootlegs smiling smiley

btw...I've always wondered who--exactly--is playing cowbell on Save Me? I'm not joking. And I know the answer is "Rebop, Pascal," but I would love to know which of them, because it's sooo damn good, adds so much to the song.

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-29 11:48 by swiss.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2010 17:50

squando
71Tele
cc
71Tele
As much as I like Miller's work with the Stones, I think his mixes on BB and LIB were too clean (Sticky was just right) and I am very grateful he didn't oversee the Exile mix as closely. It would not have been the same album.

I know what you're saying, but would you think his mixes on the first 2 albums were too clean if you had never heard Sticky Fingers? I'm not sure it's fair to judge them based on a sound he got later.

Yes...It's a very minor criticism, but the mix in LIB is so clean it takes some of the life out of the great songs on this record, imo, especially Midnight Rambler.

I know what you chaps (chappettes?) mean but I absolutely love the mix and production of the big four. I think mixes and prods like "Monkey man" are sublime and ahead of their time. Well if not that they were certainly the best producing happening till then at that includes the great Abbey Road.

Even the weird sound and crunched mix of SFM is a first and sounds perfect even though it sounds rather flawed at the same time.

Apart from "Angie" I don't care too much for the prduction of GHS een tho the mixing is very good.

I should have exempted SFM from my mild critique of BB and LIB mixes. That mix is perfect. The LIB album is a little too clean and takes away slightly from the power of the songs. It really sounds like a studio, like everything was run direct into the board (even though I know it wasn't). Especially true on Midnight Rambler, Live With Me and Love In Vain. Too damn clean.

Date: June 29, 2010 18:52

Yeah I know where you're coming from 71Tele but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Whatever you do don't disagree with Helter!! Hahahahaha. Just kidding Helter....

p.s - even tho it's very clean 71Tele you still gotta love "Monkey man"?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 29, 2010 18:56

squando
Yeah I know where you're coming from 71Tele but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Whatever you do don't disagree with Helter!! Hahahahaha. Just kidding Helter....

Absolutely. It's become my favorite track on the album.

Date: June 30, 2010 03:57

squando

I got my eye on you squando and guess what ? I agree with you almost 100% of the time !!! Here once again !!!

MONKEY MAN ROCKS !!!

LET IT BLEED'S BEST TRACKS -

MONKEY MAN
GIMME SHELTER
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER

THE REST OF THE ALBUM IS JUST EXCELLENT !!!

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: June 30, 2010 05:35

I loved the bass lines on this song. I still miss Bill.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: July 1, 2010 20:31

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-01 22:43 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 4, 2010 10:25

Check this out ---minute 0:10-0:32 and also at 2:15-2:27 of this Maytals song from 1954 Jamaica.

It is the same percussion sound I've always loved and thought was cowbell on criss-cross man/save me.

Now I am wondering whether what I thought was played cowbell with drumstick is a "traditional" Jamaican reggae/ska percussive sound that made its way into that session, tho i don't know any other Stones song recorded then that has this exact sound.

I'll continue my wondering who exactly is playing that - Pascal, Rebop, or someone else...

Anybody have any thoughts? thanks

swiss

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home