Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: A "Rolling stones" song ,you really dont like
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 10, 2020 17:17

nick1970
Very interesting thread.... have thought of another one Neighbours.. this is awful and tuneless.. I think was played live 2018 why????

It was played in Dublin. They played Croke Park, which is primarily a sports stadium and has a limit on the number of concerts it can host in a year. It is in / near a residential neighbourhood that is affected by late-night concert noise. The Stones concert exceeded the annual limit and they had to apply for permission to play there. Hence ... a hats off (or middle finger) to all the Neighbours who were listening.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 17:52

SomeTorontoGirl
nick1970
Very interesting thread.... have thought of another one Neighbours.. this is awful and tuneless.. I think was played live 2018 why????

It was played in Dublin. They played Croke Park, which is primarily a sports stadium and has a limit on the number of concerts it can host in a year. It is in / near a residential neighbourhood that is affected by late-night concert noise. The Stones concert exceeded the annual limit and they had to apply for permission to play there. Hence ... a hats off (or middle finger) to all the Neighbours who were listening.

It's actually 2 fingers over here grinning smiley (with the palm side hidden). But the general observation is spot on. I was there and it's exactly what I thought was the reason for the song choice at the time winking smiley

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 18:16

Street Fighting Man

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: August 10, 2020 19:28

on LIB : monkey
on IORR : short and curlies
on B&B : cherry oh baby
on SG : lies
on ER : indian Girl , where the boys go
on Undercover ... nothing I really don't like

on DW, SW, VL, BtoB, BB the question is more : song you really like

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:16

A rough estimation off the top of my head - a list of songs I don't like could possibly make up 1/4th of their entire catalogue. Several crappy early covers and badly written originals (ex. Under the Boardwalk and The Singer Not the Song) along with many useless tunes of the latter era from the albums Undercover to A Bigger Bang, not to mention the lame new tunes from 40 Licks (Don't Stop, et al) and the two duds from GRRR. And then there's the various duds from several albums in between - Fool to Cry, Emotional Rescue, and Send it to Me come to mind. And now there's the lame Scarlet and it's multiple remixes - bottom line, not a Stones tune and don't like.

On the positive side, been listening to Aftermath as well as the BIG 4 the last several days, along with Some Girls and Tattoo You (and the brand new Ghost Town and semi-"new" Criss Cross), and it's all stunning for the most part, though I grew tired of Start Me Up back in '82, while Hang Fire and Neighbors sound a bit pedestrian in comparison to some of their best.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:27

Esperola
Ha! Firstly, I've seen a similar thread at least five times around here. But just to contribute....
Miss You
Sparks Will Fly
Hey Negrita

Hey Negrita???!!! OMG eye popping smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:45

NICOS
Koen
Whatever happened to “HAVO”? Always enjoyed his “enthusiasm“” and curious ‘punctuation “,,,,,...

That's what I wander also lately

Isn't he the guy starting every two months a "how old are you" thread
or something similar couple of years ago ?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:50

DandelionPowderman
MadMax
The whole of Their Satanies Majesties Request. The period between 65-67 I could live without or (I give it that) an EP from this period would've been enough.

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
5. Mother's Little Helper
6. Something Happened To Me Yesterday
7. Let's Spend The Night Together
8. PIB

These 8 songs IMHO are alright, the rest of the energy they could've spent on doing a blues album or 2.

Thank God Jimmy M came along and helped them come up with Beggars

Although the worst song ever is I'd say Might As Well Get Juiced (but the title is MEGA, should've used it for a Warhorse).

No Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Get Off Of My Cloud, Have You Seen Your Mother, Ruby Tuesday, Mother's Little Helper, She Said Yeah, I'm Free, Citadel...??

Alright Dandy we got an albumsmileys with beer, Under My Thumb and Ruby Tuesday are beautiful songs but the other 6 (I listed MLH) do nothing for me except Cloud in 75-76 when it was funky and just pure class and I do like the approach to HYSYMBSITS? but it ain't getting a place on my mixed tapewinking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 10, 2020 20:58

Neighbours seems to hit the worst-list. I can see why, a really simple track. I loved it at the time though. Maybe it was Charlie's hard hitting drums? Or the hysterical video?

Date: August 10, 2020 21:03

MadMax
DandelionPowderman
MadMax
The whole of Their Satanies Majesties Request. The period between 65-67 I could live without or (I give it that) an EP from this period would've been enough.

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
8. PIB

These 8 songs IMHO are alright, the rest of the energy they could've spent on doing a blues album or 2.

Although the worst song ever is I'd say Might As Well Get Juiced (but the title is MEGA, should've used it for a Warhorse).

No Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Get Off Of My Cloud, Have You Seen Your Mother, Ruby Tuesday, Mother's Little Helper, She Said Yeah, I'm Free, Citadel...??

Alright Dandy we got an albumsmileys with beer, Under My Thumb and Ruby Tuesday are beautiful songs but the other 6 (I listed MLH) do nothing for me except Cloud in 75-76 when it was funky and just pure class and I do like the approach to HYSYMBSITS? but it ain't getting a place on my mixed tapewinking smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 10, 2020 22:02

DandelionPowderman
MadMax
DandelionPowderman
MadMax

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
8. PIB

smileys with beer

If one ever wanted proof that too much beer spoils ...a lot, here it is.

Posted by: Jimmer ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:01

Although I like a number of songs on Dirty Work, there are also three songs on there which are some of my least favorites: Fight; Winning Ugly; and Back to Zero. Also, another of my least favorites is from A Bigger Bang: Sweet Neocon.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:08

Sweet Neocon is for me their most awfull song, it's almost a non-song, if something like that is possible.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 11, 2020 00:56

Wait, Paint It Black?

To each their own but I can hardly believe that.

I must be misunderstanding.

Next thing you know someone will offer Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In the Shadows?

I mean I can understand anything post 1978, but (all day I been walkin cause I couldn't get my car started...Wish somebody'd come along and wreck it.) come on.

jb

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: August 11, 2020 03:46

jbwelda

I must be misunderstanding?

jb

Isn't that a Genesis song?

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 11, 2020 12:46

retired_dog
DandelionPowderman
MadMax
DandelionPowderman
MadMax

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
8. PIB

smileys with beer

If one ever wanted proof that too much beer spoils ...a lot, here it is.

As said a thousand times; One man's coffee is another man's...

Haven't had a drink since friday mate.

Let me put it this way, if The Stones started in 1962 and broke up in 1967 I wouldn't have bothered. For me the ultimate Stones are between 1968-present and beyond.

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: August 11, 2020 13:51

Melody on Black and Blue

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 11, 2020 15:05

Dirty Work should have been a single:

Too Rude
(w/ perhaps Harlem Shuffle as the b-side)

trash the rest of it.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: August 11, 2020 16:08

Green Lady
Suck On The Jugular - a song I usually skip on an album I love the rest of.

+1

Posted by: bob r ()
Date: August 11, 2020 16:15

Fool to Cry

Too Much Blood

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 11, 2020 18:38

The Rolling Stones - BACK TO ZERO (The Very Worst Of The Stones)
Following The River
Streets Of Love
Sweet Neo Con
Oh No Not You Again
Keys To Your Love
Stealing My Heart
Might As Well Get Juiced
Already Over Me
Always Suffering
Gunface
You Got Me Rocking
Sparks Will Fly
New Faces
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Hold On To Your Hat
Rock And A Hard Place
Continental Drift
Winning Ugly
Back To Zero
Hold Back
Just My Imagination
When You're Gone
Don't Be A Stranger
Keep Up Blues
Cherry Oh Baby
It's Only Rock'N'Roll
Angie
Gomper
The Lantern
Sing This All Together
Sing This All Together (See What Happens)

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: August 11, 2020 19:31

Sad Day.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 11, 2020 19:36

Their cover of I Can't Quit You from Blue and Lonesome is weak mostly due to Mick's over-exaggerated vocals.
Even the Clapton solos can't save it....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:37

GasLightStreet
The Rolling Stones - BACK TO ZERO (The Very Worst Of The Stones)
Following The River
Streets Of Love
Sweet Neo Con
Oh No Not You Again
Keys To Your Love
Stealing My Heart
Might As Well Get Juiced
Already Over Me
Always Suffering
Gunface
You Got Me Rocking
Sparks Will Fly
New Faces
Sweethearts Together
Blinded By Rainbows
Hold On To Your Hat
Rock And A Hard Place
Continental Drift
Winning Ugly
Back To Zero
Hold Back
Just My Imagination
When You're Gone
Don't Be A Stranger
Keep Up Blues
Cherry Oh Baby
It's Only Rock'N'Roll
Angie
Gomper
The Lantern
Sing This All Together
Sing This All Together (See What Happens)

Lots of great stuff in that list. Some of them are even favourites off their respective albums.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:42

shortfatfanny
NICOS
Koen
Whatever happened to “HAVO”? Always enjoyed his “enthusiasm“” and curious ‘punctuation “,,,,,...

That’s the guy yeah. He mostly started threads to give out an opinion, or declare something he favoured. He seemed like a nice enough guy actually, and I must admit that it was kinda funny to read at times.
“Hello. What is your favourite album of The Rolling Stones? For me AFTERMATH - Havo. Under the boardwalk. down by the sea”.
It was always very short. I guess he didn’t feel very comfortable writing in English.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 11, 2020 23:52

I really don't like "Indian Girl"...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 12, 2020 00:31

....what's that one that starts with B ?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2020 00:36

JumpingKentFlash
shortfatfanny
NICOS
Koen

That’s the guy yeah. He mostly started threads to give out an opinion, or declare something he favoured. He seemed like a nice enough guy actually, and I must admit that it was kinda funny to read at times.
“Hello. What is your favourite album of The Rolling Stones? For me AFTERMATH - Havo. Under the boardwalk. down by the sea”.
It was always very short. I guess he didn’t feel very comfortable writing in English.

Ha ha that's the best way to describe HAVO......but very enjoyably in a kind of way thumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 12, 2020 01:02

Two oldies I never liked....I will not make a list of "newer" songs but the list of GasLightStreet comes close although it contains some of my favorites grinning smiley

For does who likes them

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 12, 2020 01:19

Indian Girl, Sweet Little Neo Con, Sing This Altogether,(See What Happens), On With the Show,Short and Curlies , Send it to Me,Terrifying ,Back to Zero,Hide Your Love

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-12 01:22 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1176
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home