Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: A "Rolling stones" song ,you really dont like
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 10, 2010 10:23

jamesfdouglas
Oh, I forgot - "Something Happened to Me Yesterday". Lame attempt at being cute, cheeky and irreverant like the Beatles; 'cute cheeky songs', of which I have no use for either. Topical about their 60's drug busts? Who cares, this song annoys the hell out of me. Have You Seen Your Mother Baby too - shit sound quality to boot.

Love "Something Happened". First time we hear solo Keith voice clear as a bell and full of enthusiasm, always love when he sings "maybe he should tell someone..."

Puzzling to me how many songs from great periods of the Stones are mentioned in this thread, as opposed to the utterly forgettable stuff they have pumped out since "Steel Wheels".

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 10, 2010 10:29

71Tele
jamesfdouglas
Oh, I forgot - "Something Happened to Me Yesterday". Lame attempt at being cute, cheeky and irreverant like the Beatles; 'cute cheeky songs', of which I have no use for either. Topical about their 60's drug busts? Who cares, this song annoys the hell out of me. Have You Seen Your Mother Baby too - shit sound quality to boot.

Love "Something Happened". First time we hear solo Keith voice clear as a bell and full of enthusiasm, always love when he sings "maybe he should tell someone..."

Puzzling to me how many songs from great periods of the Stones are mentioned in this thread, as opposed to the utterly forgettable stuff they have pumped out since "Steel Wheels".

Any song on any album from Dirty Work to A Bigger Bang - too easy or obvious to mention! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 10, 2010 10:49

jamesfdouglas
71Tele
jamesfdouglas

Any song on any album from Dirty Work to A Bigger Bang - too easy or obvious to mention! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I was just about to post this but jamesfdouglas beat me to it smiling smiley

My songs are one known by Stones' fans to be "good." I just don't happen like them; there's a difference.

In both cases (Wild Horses and Shine a Light) Mick songs that are too sentimental for me.

btw Tele, I also LOVE Keith singing "Ma-be he should tell some-waan" in Something Happened to Me Yesterday.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 09:38

I really don’t like Harlem Shuffle, but on the flip side of this argument there are good songs on even the less liked Rolling Stones I believe. Often it depends on context, of when people came to the Stones.

Date: August 10, 2020 09:42

Oh another one is dancing with mr D. I know there are plenty of fans of ghs, but I can’t get into this one.

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 09:45

You Got Me Rocking

Date: August 10, 2020 09:56

Very interesting thread.... have thought of another one Neighbours.. this is awful and tuneless.. I think was played live 2018 why????

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 10, 2020 10:35

Keys to your love, Losing my touch, Don´t stop, Stealing my heart. And most of Bigger bang.

Doom and gloom, the b-side of that record and Ghost town are brilliant, though! I need some sort of balance, in this world. winking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 10, 2020 10:40

I can't remember what all is in this but there is at least a double album's worth of crap tunes... mostly from DIRTY WORK, STEEL WHEELS, VOODOO, BRIDGES and BANG.

Posted by: glimmertwin1 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 11:11

Indian Girl their weakest song. 2nd Factory Girl.

Date: August 10, 2020 12:20

The Singer Not The Song.

There are some good things going there, but it turns into a very cheesy thing eventually, imo.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:23

Indian Girl without any doubt ("Plan 9 from Outer Space" in the area of music)!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:35

I am with Havo (the starter of this thread) - None!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:36

HEILOOBAAS
Well, since you ask anything after 1973.

Let me guess ... Ronnie stole your girlfriend? confused smiley

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:45

The whole of Their Satanies Majesties Request. The period between 65-67 I could live without or (I give it that) an EP from this period would've been enough.

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
5. Mother's Little Helper
6. Something Happened To Me Yesterday
7. Let's Spend The Night Together
8. PIB

These 8 songs IMHO are alright, the rest of the energy they could've spent on doing a blues album or 2.

Thank God Jimmy M came along and helped them come up with Beggars

Although the worst song ever is I'd say Might As Well Get Juiced (but the title is MEGA, should've used it for a Warhorse).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 13:05 by MadMax.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:49

Blinded By Love - A really schmaltzy tune on an otherwise great album.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 10, 2020 12:58

fun to see that some people dont like songs other people like smiling smiley)
imo all stonessongs are great smiling smiley
ok maybe gomper smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 10, 2020 13:13

Whatever happened to “HAVO”? Always enjoyed his “enthusiasm“” and curious ‘punctuation “,,,,,...

Date: August 10, 2020 13:23

MadMax
The whole of Their Satanies Majesties Request. The period between 65-67 I could live without or (I give it that) an EP from this period would've been enough.

1. Satisfaction
2. Backstreet Girl
3. High And Dry
4. Yesterday's Papers
5. Mother's Little Helper
6. Something Happened To Me Yesterday
7. Let's Spend The Night Together
8. PIB

These 8 songs IMHO are alright, the rest of the energy they could've spent on doing a blues album or 2.

Thank God Jimmy M came along and helped them come up with Beggars

Although the worst song ever is I'd say Might As Well Get Juiced (but the title is MEGA, should've used it for a Warhorse).

No Under My Thumb, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Get Off Of My Cloud, Have You Seen Your Mother, Ruby Tuesday, Mother's Little Helper, She Said Yeah, I'm Free, Citadel...??

Date: August 10, 2020 13:24

JumpingKentFlash
Blinded By Love - A really schmaltzy tune on an otherwise great album.

I heard the live version for the first time yesterday. It was surprisingly good smiling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 13:30

Have you seen Your mother baby, Standing in the Shadow. A dirge.

Rod

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 10, 2020 13:59

1. Winning Ugly
2. Sweethearts together
3. Losing my touch
4. Keys to your love
5. Following the river

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 10, 2020 14:30

Most of Dirty Works album are terrible,some funk numbers i really dislike.And several Keith ballads are dreadful boring

Date: August 10, 2020 14:39

harlem shuffle
Most of Dirty Works album are terrible,some funk numbers i really dislike.And several Keith ballads are dreadful boring

Surprising eye rolling smiley

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 10, 2020 14:46

Koen
Whatever happened to “HAVO”? Always enjoyed his “enthusiasm“” and curious ‘punctuation “,,,,,...

That's what I wander also lately

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 10, 2020 16:01

harlem shuffle

Losing my touch and Infamy are his worst song

Date: August 10, 2020 16:09

KRiffhard
harlem shuffle

Losing my touch and Infamy are his worst song

Infamy is ten times worse than Losing My Touch (and Infamy isn't really that bad grinning smiley )

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 10, 2020 16:40

"Handsome Molly"

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 10, 2020 17:01

Ten years ago this seemingly was a fun idea. Since then we have all those songs and whatever people don't like listed in about every thread. Negativity rules.

I guess I like them all. Some mean more to me, some less. There is no a Stones tune I don't find something good in it. I guess I just like the noise they make.

-Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 10, 2020 17:08

Doxa
Ten years ago this seemingly was a fun idea. Since then we have all those songs and whatever people don't like listed in about every thread. Negativity rules.

I guess I like them all. Some mean more to me, some less. There is no a Stones tune I don't find something good in it. I guess I just like the noise they make.

-Doxa
Well said.
I even like the Rice Krispies jingle spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1759
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home