Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Deadstring Brothers album
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 20, 2010 15:04

Their new album Sao Paulo is out soon in the US, check here for sound clips. Sounds awesome. From the description:

Sao Paulo understands the liberation borne of mourning, that an elegy cannot truly soar without jarring adversity to buoy it. Built on the ample shoulders of masterful forebears, Deadstring Brothers delve into the grit and sweat of dirty blues scooped from the fields of the Delta and polish it in the toxic waters of the Detroit River; the smell of their motor oil, strong coffee and whiskey-stained beards narcotic. Few bands channel the sonic groove generated at the headwaters of our rock and roll DNA like Deadstring Brothers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-20 15:13 by Koen.

Re: New Deadstring Brothers album
Date: February 20, 2010 16:22

Great band; have all their releases. Will surely get this one.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 18:18

Yes they really are a great band. I've had the pleasure of supporting them on a couple of occasions and they are some of the nicest guys on the circuit.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 21, 2010 13:28

They sound pretty good to my ears from what little I have heard so far.
Thats what I like about this site ,you get the occasional nod towards another artist that is interesting to us Stones fans while we wait for our boys to get their act together,good to have something else to listen to in the meantime.
many thanks

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 21, 2010 13:38

I'm going to listen to it this weekend smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 25, 2010 14:48

Got the album yesterday - have been playing it since. If you need your Stones fix until their next release or tour, just get this album, you won't regret it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2003
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home