Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Dirty Work Write Up
Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: January 10, 2019 00:53

I like it a lot! And proud of it!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 10, 2019 01:01

I was 14 when this record came out, a massive fan already, and was really disappointed with the album, how it sounded, the bad vocals, loud drums, sloppy guitars and idiotic lyrics. Still, I think this album could be saved with a major remix. Take out the drum reverb, bring down drums and vocals in the mix, etc. It might (?) be far more listenable, imho.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 10, 2019 01:04

I think Jagger's solo career strangled this album. And their punk attitude towards their record company: Release this if you dare! In fact there were talk about not releasing the album.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: January 10, 2019 03:35

I've always thought that the best track on Dirty work was KEY TO THE HIGHWAY.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 10, 2019 04:45

Well ya know what Thought thought don't ya ?????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: January 10, 2019 08:12

skipstone
"The Rolling Stones' 18th studio album was released in 1986, having been recorded under the toughest possible circumstances. It is astonishing that it was ever made. Less astonishingly, it's a superbly accomplished set of songs that once again proved the Stones' critics wrong."

WHAT??!! A "superbly accomplished set of songs that once again proved the Stones' critics wrong."?????/

HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Really?

[www.rollingstones.com]

Track 2 is a little diddy named Street Fighting Man...lol

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 10, 2019 08:36

Tate
I was 14 when this record came out, a massive fan already, and was really disappointed with the album, how it sounded, the bad vocals, loud drums, sloppy guitars and idiotic lyrics. Still, I think this album could be saved with a major remix. Take out the drum reverb, bring down drums and vocals in the mix, etc. It might (?) be far more listenable, imho.

Possibly but who's going to waste the time and money doing this when no one buys records anymore these days ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: January 10, 2019 11:08

gotdablouse
Tate

Possibly but who's going to waste the time and money doing this when no one buys records anymore these days ?

He might, probably more sales than the original

Date: January 10, 2019 11:33

A fly on the wall peak into (supposedly rare) Mick and Keith-songwriting during the DW-sessions:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 10, 2019 16:10

Listening to One Hit. Great song. Love it. If there will be a Deluxe DW i will get it. Only if they will put a new sound on all the songs. Productionwise its shite but there are great songs on it.
Jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-01-10 16:10 by corriecas.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1603
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home