Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Big bash for fans - Keith's book release - Norway
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 21, 2010 07:12

Addicted
skipstone
Addicted, surely you get I was having fun with that, it wasn't actually serious since I can hardly understand Keith half the time as it is!

We are talking about the book here, not the CD where he reads the book himself. I'm sure you're able to spell your way through those 500 pages. Might take you some time, if you're used to phonetical spelling, but even that might be worth it...
And if you believe the myth that his speach is all blurry - the CD will be a big surprise for you.

Sorry man - I was just having fun with it.

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: June 21, 2010 10:42

This sounds great !! I'll be there, please give us more details when they come.
Håper vi får invitasjon pr. post, er ikke alltid jeg får med meg all informasjon her på nettet.
And I hope Keith will be thre signing the book, I will call him and ask !

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: June 21, 2010 11:12

Hey Ruby!
Don't think we've met, but I guarantee that lots of info will be posted in this thread. We're also going to use ads in the leading newspapars.
No invitations will be sent out, though. Except to the reporters we absolutely want to see there, and the sponsors. The rest will have to settle for being told when and where and showing up at the door.
Don't worry about calling Keith... He doesn't answer the phone and he has already been invited. The publishing house and I work closely on this launch party - so I think we can say we have things under control. Keith's extremely busy - and it's a simultaneous world wide release. There's just a wee, tiny chance he'll turn up here - but please keep your fingers crossed.

Hope to see you there!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 21, 2010 11:49

Addicted
Keith's extremely busy

!

Yeah, he is watching the lemon tree to grow up...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Posted by: Lilla Chinchilla ()
Date: June 21, 2010 12:18

Norstedts will publish Keith's autobiography in Sweden.
Here's a few links:
Livet
Review dates

Lilla Chinchilla

Date: June 21, 2010 17:13

Cool! I love the PR material they sent out. Mine's got "Ladies and Gentlemen - Keith Richards" on it, which made me think that perhaps they're planning a release of the concert documentary "Ladies and Gentlemen" simultaneously with the autobiography?

Then we know Sweden's in! Great to have good company. Perhaps Norstedts have the rights in Suomi Finland, too?
Perhaps the Vikings will throw a big book release party at Nefertitis or something in Gothenburg? If not... Speak with Norstedts and go for it! Babsan,(Barbro), Anders, Vilhelm and everyone - get yer ya yas out! You all like a good party - and there are many passionate fans in Sweden.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 22, 2010 01:05

If you are English spoken then it may sound strange that books are translated into local language, but fact is except a few countries like UK, USA, Canada and Australia, may be also South Africa and Bahamas, most people on earth do not speak English every day, not even every month, not even ever, so having the book in their local language is a must, in fact that is the only language of any real value.

All major books are translated. In any country. Like Germany, Sweden, Denmark, China, Japan, you name it. Everybody who heard the PB board leader (he is Swedish) comment in "English" regarding "small people" in the golf areas understand what language is all about. It is hard if you are not born English spoken. I may order a beer in a pub in England. I may even order fish&chips on travel to Melbourne, but I can not talk in detail about feelings and emotions in English. I am sure those who translate books are very professional and they know all the rith words, but like like the Bill Wyman books and so on, I will of course get the "original Keith" as well, in English, because I do want to hear it in his own words. Still, all those others, including my mother, who can not read one single word in English, should have the chance to read such an important book!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 22, 2010 02:10

fish&chips on travel to Melbourne

YEAH BV with a lil' salt and dash of lemon.... best in the world

ROCKMAN

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2010 03:34

Addicted
We are talking about the book here, not the CD where he reads the book himself...

Amazon shows Gary Oldman as the reader of the audiobook. Is there another version that Keith reads? And thanks for this thread!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 22, 2010 07:12

STG, what I saw yesterday on Amazon is both Keith and Gary Oldman are readers:
readers of Keith's book, Life

I wonder which parts each one reads!

Date: June 22, 2010 10:34

I guess Keith will be reading his quotes, Oldman the story.

Date: June 22, 2010 11:06

Update
The publishing house is flying in reporters from all over the world to Paris, France. One reporter from each country will get the opportunity to interview Keith Richards in Paris.
From Norway we've picked Fredrik Skavlan, who hosts the biggest TV show in Scandinavia. It's aired in both Sweden and Norway.

Date: June 22, 2010 11:33

Great! Will be quite a challenge for Fredrik thumbs up

Date: June 22, 2010 11:44

We'll brief him, and he's a fan, so I think he'll be ok.

Date: June 24, 2010 10:16

UPDATE:
The media buzz is extreme now. Every damned music reporter wants to receive the book before everyone else and would like to interview Keith. Neither is going to happen.
But we're probably having Blondie Chaplin over for an appearance with the Glimmer Twins. If he can get away from his German obligations, that is.
More info will follow shortly.

Date: July 4, 2010 16:43

Update:
Release party is October 25th at Parkteatret, Oslo, Norway.
Blondie Chaplin's confirmed he's comming. He's going to perform with The Glimmer Twins - a local tribute band - and some solo material.
At midnight, we're starting the book sale. "Life", by Keith Richards and James Fox.
Hope to see you there!

Date: July 4, 2010 17:18

Great!!!

Date: July 4, 2010 17:36

And - we're serving shepherds pie, nuclear waste, let it bleed and exile on main street (the latter two are longdrinks), pg-tips tea, a huge Rolling Stones cake and we have fabulous prizes for the quiz winner - and the runner ups.
(I think you won the quiz at the release party for "A Bigger Bang", didn't you, DP? So start reading - it's a "Keith-Quiz".)

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:33

Addicted, do you know whether or not Keith will be doing signing sessions in various countries?
Perhaps you can't say even if you do know!

Date: July 4, 2010 18:40

Harlem Shuffler
Addicted, do you know whether or not Keith will be doing signing sessions in various countries?
I know we're trying to organize that...
I'll keep you posted as I get confirmations of this or the other. In the mean time, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: July 4, 2010 18:47

Addicted
Harlem Shuffler
I know we're trying to organize that...
I'll keep you posted as I get confirmations of this or the other. In the mean time, let's keep our fingers crossed!

Many thanks, Addicted.

Date: July 4, 2010 18:49

No worries! Pleasure!

Date: July 5, 2010 14:42

Fresh update:
Due to work obligations, BV - the web master - is not able to host the Keith-Quiz. So we replaced him with another Keith Richards expert. Bård Ose, host of the legendary - and still running - radio program PILS, host of Radio Rock and the TV-show "Førkveld". He's also written books about The Stones, and he has his own cover band, The Rolling Clones. I'm sure he's qualified to host the Keith-Quiz.
Welcome on board - Bård!

Date: August 13, 2010 10:08

Keith's going to do several interviews regarding the book release. Probably in September and some in October. However nothing's going to be published before October 26th, if everyone sticks to the contracts.
In Europe, the interviews will be conducted in either Paris or Berlin.
Every market, where his book's released in the local language, gets to send some reporters. At first it was limited to one from each country, but it seems that's loosened up a bit, fortunately.
He'll do TV talk shows, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews.
Will be back with more about the interview sessions later.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 13, 2010 13:00

Question for Addicted::

You say Keef is extremely Busy.

What with, except with the book???
Can you share this with us???
jeroen

Date: August 13, 2010 13:39

He's writing the final chapter(s) of his autobiography and it's a bit past deadline... That's busy!
If you've ever set foot in a newspaper room, spoken with a reporter or an author past their deadlines... You know they're busy - because they're NOT speaking to anyone untill the job's done.
I know he didn't have time to hang out with an old pal when in NYC recently, because of all the book-stress.

And btw; I'm going to the interview sessions in Europe. Will brief Keith on the reporters from my market, and brief them on him and the book. And also take a couple of shots of each reporter speaking with Keith.
More about that later here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-13 13:42 by Addicted.

Posted by: Daffodil ()
Date: August 14, 2010 09:32

Doxa
So they will release the book all around the globe with 'local' translations at the same time. I haven't heard anything of Finnish translation plan yet but then again, I don't have any "sources" in publishing companies, etc. so who knows. Of course, it could be also that Finnish translation is not included in the plan - generally translating rock music books is not very popular here - Doxa

There will also be a Finnish version this autumn. The publisher is WSOY.

I quite disagree with "translating rock music not being popular in Finland". That was true say until 15 years ago, but since then I think all the biggest rock books and also many of the marginal ones have been translated. Johnny Kniga and Like have been particularly active with the cult artist/band biographies.

And already 30 years ago books on the biggest bands got translated quite quickly, e.g. Norman's Stones biography, published in 1984, was tranlated to Finnish in 1985, by Otava. BTW, there's also another translation of the same book (albeit a bit updated one) by Jalava Kustannus in 2003.

Greetings from a fellow Finnish fan (and, admittedly, a book nerd one)

Date: August 14, 2010 10:18

I like book nerds! They're smart people. Great that Finland's getting a Suomi version. The language's not at all related to English - or most other European languages - except Hungarian(?), so one would not expect the entire population to be fluent enough in English to read this book. Keith's a well read man, too, you know.

Posted by: Daffodil ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:22

Addicted
Great that Finland's getting a Suomi version. The language's not at all related to English - or most other European languages - except Hungarian(?), so one would not expect the entire population to be fluent enough in English to read this book. Keith's a well read man, too, you know.

I think most of the people interested in the bio would also be able to read it in English (from 60s onwards nearly everyone in Finland has studied English at school), but of course it is nice to have also a local version available. Hopefully the book gets some publicity here too, though according to my sources (I've got some contacts with WSOY i.e, the Finnish publisher) the scale of the media campaign is mimimal compared to your efforts. Personally I don't have great expectations of the attention the book is going to get here; e.g. Philip Norman's 'Lennon' book translation last autumn got minimal attention here compared to e.g. the media furore in the UK.

Yes, Keith's proclaimed love of literature is one of his most endearing qualities to me.

And yes, Finnish is an isolated language. Hungarian is a very far-fetched language cousin: there are exactly two words in these two languages which you can somehow connect to each other. So, when in Hungary, I don't understand anything of the language.

Estonian is the closest (and the only living one) language to Finnish. There are also some nearly-extinct tribes of Fenno-Ugrian origin in Russia, but that is more like museum stuff.

You may also know that Finland has two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. Everyone having Finnish as their native language must also study Swedish and vice versa. Since the Swedish-speakers are a clear minority (only 5 %), the obligatory Swedish (tvångssvenska) is actively detested by many. However, I've always been happy be able to speak Swedish, and have had quite a lot of use for it. E.g. when living in Norway (Bergen and Oslo) I understood Norwegian quite well (though the Bergen accent was a handful:-)) and got by by speaking Swedish myself.

Mange hilsner fra Helsingfors og håper "Livet" er en sukkess i Norge! (Apologies for the probable mix of Swedish and Norwegian...)

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 15, 2010 10:46

Speaking of Translation, I saw the movie Flashdance in Trondheim Norway, with sub-titles when if first came out. The audience was laughing at part that weren't funny and I was busting up (by myself) at parts I thought were hysterical.

Bottom line, I hope they do a better job in translating Keef's book than they do in translating movies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home