Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8
Re: Book launch Party, KEITH RICHARDS, Oslo. (+Ladies & Gentlemen) TICKETS and info.
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 13, 2010 00:39

Sorry if this has been said before!

But, - the Keith photo on the Oslo poster is really looking nice and warm. I didn't knew that one from before.
So, Addicted or anybody, do you know when (and by whom) it was done?!?

Re: Book launch Party, KEITH RICHARDS, Oslo. (+Ladies & Gentlemen) TICKETS and info.
Date: October 13, 2010 11:06

She answers partly here: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 13, 2010 15:19

sweetcharmedlife
Grindyawning smiley
Hah! Could I care less? Nope.
Don't visit this thread if you're not comfortable with the idea of bumping a thread about a party for Stones-fans - in honour of Keith and his book.
It's as easy as that!

Date: October 13, 2010 15:26

CousinC
Sorry if this has been said before!

But, - the Keith photo on the Oslo poster is really looking nice and warm. I didn't knew that one from before.
So, Addicted or anybody, do you know when (and by whom) it was done?!?

Yes - it's absolutely lovely! It's on the back cover of the book, actually! I've been given links with all the photos they're distributing to press, from October 22nd, and am not allowed to post them here untill then... There are many absolutely wonderful shots of Keith among them. Unfortunately it says in the mail accompanying the photolinks: No photo byline required.
However, I know that Jane Rose took some of the stage shots. Once I get the book from the printers, I'll go through the photo credits and try to post them here. But it's really busy now... (Sorry - that's why I didn't see your post untill now.)

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 13, 2010 17:27

No problem, Addicted. Thanx anyway!

Date: October 14, 2010 10:41

We have just received confirmation from Omniversevision in the UK that
"Ladies & Gentlemen"
can be shown to the crowd at the
Keith Richards Book Launch Party
at Parkteatret, Oslo on October 25th.

This will be the only presentation of the movie in Oslo.
Don't miss your chance!
Tickets: www.billettservice.no or Narvesen and 7 Eleven and 815 33 133

Date: October 15, 2010 09:17

It's Friday - and I'll be out working all day - so BUMP! (not in the forehead!)

Date: October 16, 2010 11:05

bump - it's 9 saturday! only nine days untill the releaseparty and 10 days untill you all can read the book you have been reviewing for months....

Date: October 16, 2010 12:29

(My post copied from another thread)

Please don't pay too much attention to the British tabloid crap that's been quoted here. Keith's "quotes" from the book are out of context and it gives you the wrong picture of what this book is about. I don't think many people on this board have read the entire book, and therefore there are not many of us who can actually have a real opinion about it.

I have read the entire book, and it's a really great read! A source to a greater insight into the band in general and into Keith's life in particular. That's not only my opinion. We actually let the leading man in the litterature business in Norway - read it and he says it's one of the best biographies he's ever read. And certainly the best autobiography. And this from a man who's read "the entire library". And in addition he's a capacity when it comes to knowledge about the Stones - as a devoted fan for many decades.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 16, 2010 17:15

Bought my ticket today. Looking forward to it!

Date: October 17, 2010 11:36

OK! Great to see you there!
And I suppose you'll want to enter the Stones trivia? And win - like you did last time! This time the prizes are fabulous: A luxurious cruise, signed books, vinyl boxes, gift cards here and there. I think the emphasis will be on Keith - for some reason.
See you, The Worst!

Date: October 18, 2010 20:13

Addicted
We have just received confirmation from Omniversevision in the UK that
"Ladies & Gentlemen"
can be shown to the crowd at the
Keith Richards Book Launch Party
at Parkteatret, Oslo on October 25th.

This will be the only presentation of the movie in Oslo.
Don't miss your chance!
Tickets: www.billettservice.no or Narvesen and 7 Eleven and 815 33 133

bump. really

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: October 18, 2010 22:04

For sure I'm looking forward to be at a Stones/Keith party at Parkteatret again.

Still remember parts of the the Forty Licks release party in 2002.
Have met plenty that don't smileys with beer

Just wondering:
What's the price for the book ?
Will the original (English version) also be sold at the party ?

See You.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-10-19 10:40 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 19, 2010 00:07

Addicted
And I suppose you'll want to enter the Stones trivia? And win - like you did last time! This time the prizes are fabulous: A luxurious cruise, signed books, vinyl boxes, gift cards here and there. I think the emphasis will be on Keith - for some reason.
See you, The Worst!

Wow, that is some great prizes! Good work!
I will the join the quiz for sure.
See you there.

Date: October 20, 2010 23:06

Heart for Stones
For sure I'm looking forward to be at a Stones/Keith party at Parkteatret again.

Still remember parts of the the Forty Licks release party in 2002.
Have met plenty that don't smileys with beer

Just wondering:
What's the price for the book ?
Will the original (English version) also be sold at the party ?

See You.
Yes, a few people had a few too many.
Sorry, we don't have the right to sell the English version. Translated version is NOK 399.- but it's over 500 pages.
Stones-Cake for everyone!

Date: October 20, 2010 23:09

The Worst.
Addicted
See you, The Worst!

Wow, that is some great prizes! Good work!
I will the join the quiz for sure.
See you there.

Great! I think this is going to be a battle between yourself and Dandelion Powderman, but it's always funny when the older guys think they've more Stones-knowledge than you - just because they're older. Well - good luck with the trivia! To both you and DP.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: October 21, 2010 00:12

Addicted

Sorry, we don't have the right to sell the English version. Translated version is NOK 399.- but it's over 500 pages.

Anybody know where in Oslo we also can get the English version early morning 26th ?

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 21, 2010 21:51

Message for Addicted

Sorry to trouble you again, Addicted but I was wondering if you are going to be at the London signing session.
It would be a pleasure to thank you personally for all the information you've supplied us IORRians.
Perhaps you should do your own "Meet & Greet"!

Date: October 21, 2010 22:31

Heart for Stones
Addicted

Anybody know where in Oslo we also can get the English version early morning 26th ?
If anyone has it, I think you should try Norli in Universitetsgaten first. If they don't have it, try Tanum in Paleet. And when you're there, you can ask the staff if you can have one of the posters I left at the bookstores today... (For the releaseparty. They're great!)

Date: October 21, 2010 22:34

Harlem Shuffler
Message for Addicted

Sorry to trouble you again, Addicted but I was wondering if you are going to be at the London signing session.
It would be a pleasure to thank you personally for all the information you've supplied us IORRians.
Hi, I don't think I'll be able to make it to London. I'm probably going stright from NYC to Paris for the interview sessions. No need to thank me, I've just done my job, honestly. And it's a pleasure. Have fun at the booksigning, and please don't stick a mobile phone or a camera in his face...

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: October 22, 2010 02:15

Addicted
Harlem Shuffler
Message for Addicted

Hi, I don't think I'll be able to make it to London. I'm probably going stright from NYC to Paris for the interview sessions. No need to thank me, I've just done my job, honestly. And it's a pleasure. Have fun at the booksigning, and please don't stick a mobile phone or a camera in his face...

Well, all the best to you ,Addicted.

Date: October 22, 2010 12:05

And all the best to you Harlem Shuffler! Good luck with obtaining your signed copy of the best rock biography in history! And take a couple of days off - to read it. It's worth having your boss yell at you! And more.

Date: October 23, 2010 11:50

Vi har annonse i Dagbladet i dag... Pent bilde av Keith... Fra bokens bakside. Men her er dagens obligatoriske sleipingtriks - opp me'n!
Velkommen til Parkteatret mandag kl. 19:30. Eneste Oslo-visning av "Ladies & Gentlemen", konserter med Blondie Chaplin og The Glimmer Twins. Keith-quiz ved Bård Ose. Stones-kake til alle. Shepherds pie, (Keiths oppskrift) drinker, øl og vin. Og : Bare GOD MUSIKK hele kvelden.
Jeg står i døra og krysser av bokhandlere og presse, men fint hvis dere sier om dere er fra iorr. Da vanker det en overraskelse! Hilsen siw

Sorry - just had to give some messages in Norwegian. If you're comming to the party, please give me a hint of who you are at the queue outside. I have a little surprise for you. I'm at the door, handling bookstores and press. Best regards, Siw

Date: October 24, 2010 12:50

Only one day to go! That means I only have to bump this thread today and tomorrow, and head off on a working holliday.
If you're at Parkteatret, please say IORR, and I'll see to that you get a nice glass of Nuclear Waste, (Vodka and orange) or "Let it Bleed" (4 cl vodka, 2 cl guava juice in a tall glass. Fill it up with crushed ice. Add the juice of half a lime and pour cranberry juice over it. A slice of lime to garnish.) for free.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 24, 2010 15:59

Do we have any idea as to the schedule of this glorious evening? Will probably not make the 1930 hrs opening, so hopefully the quiz is a bit later?

Looking forward to it!

Rb

Date: October 24, 2010 16:45

RobberBride! Good to hear you're going to attend.
19:30 - Doors open - get your drinks! There's food, too.
19:50-21:24 - "Ladies & Gentlemen - The Rolling Stones"
21:25: Kristenn Einarsson - about the best rock biography in history.
21:30-21:55 The Glimmer Twins Blondie joins on a couple of songs
21:55-22:15 Blondie Chaplin
22:15 - Bård Oses Quiz
22:50-23:35 The Glimmer Twins - with Blondie on e couple of songs
23:45 Prize seremony.
00:01 BOOKS
00:00 - Cake for everyone
DJ untill 01:00
01:30 - please go home and read and enjoy!
Get in touch with me when you arrive, please. I have something for iorr-people!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 25, 2010 13:18

Thanks Addicted!

Date: October 25, 2010 13:55

Addicted
RobberBride! Good to hear you're going to attend.
19:30 - Doors open - get your drinks! There's food, too.
19:50-21:24 - "Ladies & Gentlemen - The Rolling Stones"
21:25: Kristenn Einarsson - about the best rock biography in history.
21:30-21:55 The Glimmer Twins Blondie joins on a couple of songs
21:55-22:15 Blondie Chaplin
22:15 - Bård Oses Quiz
22:50-23:35 The Glimmer Twins - with Blondie on e couple of songs
23:45 Prize seremony.
00:01 BOOKS
00:00 - Cake for everyone
DJ untill 01:00
01:30 - please go home and read and enjoy!
Get in touch with me when you arrive, please. I have something for iorr-people!

Can't wait smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 25, 2010 14:00

Would love to be there, but I'm not in Oslo this month unfortunately - have fun everyones

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 25, 2010 14:11

Have a great evening everyone

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 7 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1993
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home