Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Big Keith Richards BOOK PARTY for fans. Updated Sept. 22
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 4, 2010 20:40

I didn't see your name on the list of reporters who are going to interview Keith...
I'm hoping BV can interview Keith on behalf of all of us.
Exclusively for the IORR magazine - mailed to members only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-22 21:25 by Addicted.

Re: Big Keith Richards BOOK PARTY for fans. Updated Sept. 3rd
Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: September 5, 2010 03:02

Keith is having an after party in New York as well. Supposedly it will cost $1000 a head.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 5, 2010 11:13

Harm
I'll do the interview for Holland.

Good luck Harm smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 5, 2010 12:02

Addicted, thanks for your great job here, and sharing all this info.

I just liked to ask, if you don't mind, how is with the people (press) who are there to interview Keith - do they got their copy prior the release, so they can get familiar with it, and then ask questions considering it and its content. I mean, the point of the interviews and all this is the book, not anything related to Keith Richards (like the possible Stones tour, etc.) .I mean, if the book doesn't touch the issue, it is not appropriate to ask, say, "Hey Keith, who did the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" riff, you or Bill Wyman?"

By the way, how much the interviews are controlled prior? In terms of what is appropriate to ask, and what is not, or is that just a matter of interviewer's own interpretation and common sense?

Sorry all these "meta-issues", and I'm content if you don't want to answer. No big deal.tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-05 12:02 by Doxa.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: September 5, 2010 13:50

Addicted
Pelle - no, I'm so sorry - it's a cover band - but a good one.
Keith will be in New York during the week of the book release. The week after, it's London, talking to British press, and then Paris for the rest of the European markets.

Ah okey, but Id guess the party will turn out really nice anyways.. meeting some people and such.
Still looking forward as hell for this book! grinning smiley

Date: September 5, 2010 21:58

Doxa

I just liked to ask, if you don't mind, how is with the people (press) who are there to interview Keith - do they got their copy prior the release, so they can get familiar with it, and then ask questions considering it and its content. I mean, the point of the interviews and all this is the book, not anything related to Keith Richards (like the possible Stones tour, etc.) .I mean, if the book doesn't touch the issue, it is not appropriate to ask, say, "Hey Keith, who did the "Jumpin' Jack Flash" riff, you or Bill Wyman?"

By the way, how much the interviews are controlled prior? In terms of what is appropriate to ask, and what is not, or is that just a matter of interviewer's own interpretation and common sense?

Sorry all these "meta-issues", and I'm content if you don't want to answer. No big deal.tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

I hope everyone's read the book by the time of the interview, because the book comes out on October 26th, and he starts the interview sessions after that. British press is during the first week of November, other European press do their intervews during the second week of November. If the reporters haven't read the book - I'd say they haven't done their job!
People can ask about anything - but those who don't want to look like idiots probably stick to much of the contents in the book - because it's brilliant - and stuff you didn't know.
Tour - yes of course people will ask him about that! I don't know what he'll answer, though...
If people really want to waste their 15 to 30 minutes with Keith asking about the riffs of JJF - then that's up to them. But perhaps that's going to make us ask ourselves: Gaaawwd! Why did we put that idiot on the list, and not the other reporter?
There's really so MUCH in the book that's very interresting, and I hope the reporters see the opportunity and ask him about certain aspects of the book.
Anyway - he's a very democratic man - and frightfully honest - he's throwing himself into this - prepared to answer any question.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-22 21:25 by Addicted.

Date: September 5, 2010 22:06

originalstones
Keith is having an after party in New York as well. Supposedly it will cost $1000 a head.

Ours is about $ 20 a head - including, Shepherd's Pie, drinks, cake, tea, concert, quiz etc...
Guess where you'll meet the most nice people! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-22 21:26 by Addicted.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 5, 2010 22:10

Thank you Addicted, even if its a few signed copies as a prize or something that would be great for this forum and set it alight. Keith's a good guy with his heart in the right place, so fingers crossed on that one. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to drop your little bits of info on here...it makes such a change from us squabbling over Mick Taylor and ROnnie.......ah, that reminds me, where do you stand on that one! Don't answer!!!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 6, 2010 10:46

Addicted
Doxa

I just liked to ask, if you don't mind, how is with the people (press) who are there to interview Keith - do they got their copy prior the release, so they can get familiar with it, and then ask questions considering it and its content.

- Doxa

I hope everyone's read the book by the time of the interview, because the book comes out on October 26th, and he starts the interview sessions after that. British press is during the first week of November, other European press do their intervews during the second week of November. If the reporters haven't read the book - I'd say they haven't done their job!

hi there - I'm also interested in Doxa's questions, which I believe was: How do journalists obtain a copy of the book prior to its release [in order to prepare for interviews]? I'm guessing the answer is that they, as well as select criics/reviewers, are provided with advance copies, no?

fwiw...I stopped reading his thread back in August because the title implies it's about a book party (in Scandinavia), recently updated, rather than a post updating us on what you are able to share re: many aspects of of Keith's book release. Thanks for those updates.

I saw Doxa haad posted to this and enjoy his/her posts so clicked on it and saw the whole cool bit about bv being in line to interview Keith for bv's magazine!! Maybe rename the post?

Also, wonder how many peeps here subscribe to bv's magzine? or know that this iorr fanzine/magazine exists? I'm not sure I was really aware of it. That would be great if bv were to ask us to submit suggestions for questions - now that would be a fabulously 21st century crowdsourced interview model! no "awwww gawwwd what idiots questions!" or however you referred to them, Addicted winking smiley

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-06 10:49 by swiss.

Date: September 6, 2010 11:01

Addicted
Doxa

- Doxa

People can ask about anything - but those who don't want to look like idiots probably stick to much of the contents in the book - because it's brilliant - and stuff you didn't know.
Tour - yes of course people will ask him about that! I don't know what he'll answer, though...
If people really want to waste their 15 to 30 minutes with Keith asking about the riffs of JJF - then that's up to them. But perhaps that's going to make us ask ourselves: Gaaawwd! Why did we put that idiot on the list, and not the other reporter?
There's really so MUCH in the book that's very interresting, and I hope the reporters see the opportunity and ask him about certain aspects of the book.
Anyway - he's a very democratic man - and frightfully honest - he's throwing himself into this - prepared to answer any question.

Having read the book, do you think the content will disturb Mick and Keith´s relationship, or for that sake that of the Stones?

Date: September 6, 2010 16:13

hi there - I'm also interested in Doxa's questions, which I believe was: How do journalists obtain a copy of the book prior to its release [in order to prepare for interviews]? I'm guessing the answer is that they, as well as select criics/reviewers, are provided with advance copies, no?
SWISS_ No advance copies. They can obtain the copies on October 26th. No earlier than that. The ones who have been set up with an interview appointment with Keith will get the book, and some critics. On the 26th.

Dandelion Powderman: No, I don't think so. Not because it's uncontroversial, but because Keit's spoken his mind over the years. Everyone in the band is aware of what he thinks - and he's probably mentioned it to them before. But the rest of us... Well, we don't attend band meetings, so there's a lot of new stuff here for people to talk about and discuss.

That's also why I think it's not a good idea to ask people on the board to suggest questions to Keith on BVs behalf.
But he's a grown up man, and can decide for himself.

Date: September 6, 2010 16:16

And about Who Wrote JJF?
I think Bill came up with the brilliant bass riff, but the rest's Keith. Think I read that in an interview with Bill somewhere. Don't have the time to find it...

Date: September 6, 2010 21:47

Also, wonder how many peeps here subscribe to bv's magzine? or know that this iorr fanzine/magazine exists? I'm not sure I was really aware of it. That would be great if bv were to ask us to submit suggestions for questions - now that would be a fabulously 21st century crowdsourced interview model! no "awwww gawwwd what idiots questions!" or however you referred to them, Addicted

- swiss

Sorry, SWISS! Didn't answer this. Was in a hurry earlier today.
I have no idea how many people subscribe, (perhaps BV would like to answer that question?) but I know I read my iorr magazines, every single word! And drink a glass of wine. I'm amazed at the quality of both the photographs, the interviews, - the lot!
If you don't already subscribe, go to the first page, and read about how you can subscribe! It's worth every penny. And a Keith interview in the iorr magazine - yummy! (None of the subscribers will ever upload anything from the magazine on the web site, however. We consider that stealing from BV, and we don't do that! Sometimes nasty and sometimes big mouthed, but we don't steal.)
I'm looking forward to that one and I will personally see to that BV gets a copy of the book, delivered at his desk, as soon as the print's dried, because I know he'll want to prepare well for the interview. smileys with beer

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 6, 2010 21:52

Addicted
I didn't see your name on the list of reporters who are going to interview Keith...
I'm hoping BV can interview Keith on behalf of all of us.
Exclusively for the IORR magazine - mailed to members only.

Sorry Addicted if I gave you the wrong impression I was really going to interview him...maybe in my dreams

Date: September 7, 2010 09:32

I knew you were kidding - so I was kidding back.
Both of us very unsuccessfull at this - it seems...
(But honestly, I've seen the complete list of people who have now gotten interviewappointments with Keith.
I know a few big names that were turned down. Well renowned reporters, famous for their brilliant portraits, got a tnumbs down. At the same time, reporters with a background from the music press have been granted interviews. Even though their publications are quite small.
I sense a scent of amber and patchouly here and I know Keith has a soft spot for the struggeling music press. Perhaps he feels he owes them something? And perhaps he's right?
In the early years - the music press spread the word about the STones and their MUSIC, whereas the rest of the press spread the word about the scandals and the drug busts.

Date: September 8, 2010 12:09

Am I allowed to air my frustration with the british PR company hired by Little, Brown? I've been trying to spell out to them which reporters we would like to give first priority to, and we've looked at both circulation, a possibly great personal chemistry with Keith, musical tastes, common interrests etc. And they just don't seem to understand that 15 minutes in front of more than 3 million viewers for a talkshow in the Swedish and Norwegian market in prime time on a Friday night, is worth slightly more than 2 minutes on the TV news, in an obscure market... (with a f**ked up economy and no good Stones-tradition at all.)

I'm gonna have to take that phone call, and explain in my half angry voice...
And I'll push BVs candidacy at the same time - but I think he's already on the high priority list.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 8, 2010 17:24

publicists can be the lowest life form of life. my old friend is a big pr person & learned how to to make everything look good coming from an abusive alcoholic household. glad the author is trying to keep the gloss to a minimum

Date: September 22, 2010 21:23

Update!
We're having a full day meeting at the publishing house Thursday. We're going to look at ads, announcing the start of ticket sales for the Keith Richards releaseparty in Oslo on October 25th.
Discussing sponsors, the entire program for the releaseparty etc.
We might be able to show Ladies & Gentlemen there...
Not 100 % sure yet, but I'm hoping.

Have got quite a few great prizes for the quiz, so if you wanna compete - start reading. About Keith in particular.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-22 21:27 by Addicted.

Re: Big Keith Richards BOOK PARTY for fans. Updated Sept. 22nd
Date: September 23, 2010 14:13

Monday Oct 25th at 19:30
Parkteatret,
Oslo, Norway

The Keith Richards Book Releaseparty

Blondie Chaplin from the Rolling Stones tour band
The Glimmer Twins
Rolling Stones Quiz hosted by
Bård Ose
Buy the book at midnight - before anyone else!

Tickets: Monday September 27th - www.billettservice.no or (+47) 815 33 133
NOK 200.- in advance. NOK 230.- at the door.

Re: Keith Richards book releaseparty: Oslo. TICKETS and info
Date: September 23, 2010 14:49

The filming of Pirates is going really well, and Keith is happy.
They're a bit ahead of schedule at the moment!

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 23, 2010 16:06

Addicted

wha wha what? Does that mean Keith has something to do with Pirates of The Caribbean - On Stranger Tides?

would be great to see Keith as Captain Teague again.

Date: September 23, 2010 16:20

open-g
Addicted

wha wha what? Does that mean Keith has something to do with Pirates of The Caribbean - On Stranger Tides?

Yes! They're filming now.
This thread contains all kinds of strange info...
Just came back from a meeting with the publishing house, so the info's 100 % correct.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-23 16:22 by Addicted.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: September 23, 2010 17:40

nice.

Johnny, 47, who plays Jack Sparrow, is filming the fourth Pirates movie On Stranger Tides and Rolling Stone Keith, 66, is expected to revive his role as Captain Teague.

Later this month Johnny and the cast will shoot scenes on the River Thames at the Old Royal Naval College in Greenwich.

Hat's the way to do it.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: September 23, 2010 18:32

That Keith (66) has already filmed some scenes and there are quite a few to go! His part's bigger this time than in no. 3!

Re: Keith Richards book releaseparty: Oslo. TICKETS and info. + Keith news!
Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: September 23, 2010 19:24

Bump Up!

Monday Oct 25th at 19:30
Parkteatret, Oslo, Norway

The Keith Richards Book Releaseparty

Blondie Chaplin from the Rolling Stones tour band
The Glimmer Twins
Rolling Stones Quiz hosted by
Bård Ose
Buy the book at midnight - before anyone else!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 23, 2010 19:24

I bet he's having the time of his life! Keith I mean. gotta be fun, playing a Pirate version of yourself with someone who is doing the same.
related note--Johnny Depp played a guitar- playing gypsy Irish dude, in the movie Chocolat.

I love that film, he doesn't come in till halfway through the movie, but its a good role for him, also kind of Keith inspired imo

Date: September 23, 2010 19:31

Yes - love that movie, too! Depp's one of my favourite actors.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:36

open-g

Yes, he is much better in playing that character against Depp than - to quote Rocky Dijon - playing Captain Hook against Jagger's Peter Pan...>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Re: NEWS about Keith + book releaseparty: Oslo. TICKETS and info.
Date: September 23, 2010 21:43

Well Doxa, in May 2011 you'll be able to see him with Depp in cinema theatres. And perhaps in August...

Re: NEWS about Keith + book releaseparty: Oslo. TICKETS and info.
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 23, 2010 21:59

Yuk, these Pirates of The Caribbean are really cringeworthy! I can't get all this excitement about Keith's participation in it. What's next- Harry Potter?

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home