Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: "a rollimg stones-concert, You attend- and dont like it
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2010 17:40

Harm
Vredeburg and Astoria and both shows at the Point in Dublin

Excuse me Harm, you didn't like these shows ? HUH ???

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 16, 2010 17:42

Rolling Hansie
Harm
Vredeburg and Astoria and both shows at the Point in Dublin

Excuse me Harm, you didn't like these shows ? HUH ???

Wasn't it obvious that I was just joking? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 16, 2010 17:51

StonesTod
The Greek
StonesTod
the first one (nose-bleed at kingdome in '81) and the last one in oakland were forgettable...the other 31 were somewhere between moderately enjoyable and outstandlingly fantastic....
the good ole kingdome.back in 1977 i had led zepplin tickets for seatle (i was 16 years old),but i could not get a plane ticket .mom and dad looked at me like i had two heads when i asked them for plane fare .so i never did get to see zepplin

how many heads did you actually have?
two, the good one and the bad one .

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: June 16, 2010 19:02

The show at Jack Kent Cooke Stadium just outside of DC (November 97?) was one of my least favorite. It was very cold and the sound was bad because it echoed around the stadium. I was also sitting near the back of the field, which wasn't a great place to sit. But it was the only time I've seen 'em play Star Star, so it was memorable for that reason.

Funny enough, the best show I've seen was also in DC at RFK Stadium, 1st show of the Voodoo Lounge Tour. Perfect sound, great vibes. Seemed like everyone in stadium was standing, singing along, and clapping the entire show.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: June 16, 2010 19:31

I think i'm alone here but the 2nd show at the O2 in 2007 was completely uninspired in my view.Ronnie wasn't as good as the first show,Keith was as bad as the first show,bum notes filled the arena and for the only time in ten shows,i was bored by the time we got to the warhorses

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 16, 2010 20:05

The Netherlands, Rotterdam 1982, June 5, Feyenoord stadium. Awful bad.

Just listened to the Kansas 'MT' concert (Dec 14, 1981). Awful bad too. MT is hardly audible but does some interesting and nice things when audible. Anyway, the tempi are wrong (almost everything too fast); far too much and too prominent saxophone; thin, shrill and metallic guitars (KR & RW); Mick is regularly singing and barking out of tune; the harmony singing is bad and it's generally rather monotonous, to name a few things. I hadn't listened to a RS live performance after Taylor since a long time, but I actually was shocked while listening to this: much worse than I remembered of Rotterdam in 1982.

Those English guys who talked about Exile (forgot the thread), having listened to live bootlegs as well, said the Stones fell off a cliff after Taylor left. It was a very huge cliff indeed. The Kansas show is a soundboard recording, so the sound quality isn't the main problem, though the mix surely is bad.

Handsome Girls seems to be so good according to many hear. I will give it a listen but I have no hight expectations of it. But who knows.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 16, 2010 20:47

well , I saw a lot of Stones-concerts. the first was back in 1965 in Berlin, the last (so far) hannover 2006. didnt like some of their 1976-tour

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Date: June 16, 2010 21:01

Havo
well , I saw a lot of Stones-concerts. the first was back in 1965 in Berlin, the last (so far) hannover 2006. didnt like some of their 1976-tour

Havo, that's absolutely unique. You've seen and heard it all! Great.
I saw one 1976 show too. After the 1973 show in Rotterdam, which was absolutely fabulous, it was less good, but I was standing right in front of the stage, a very fine place on the field of a little, cosy stadium, and the sound was very good. Besides, it was within walking distance of my house. I could hear the second show at home. Beautiful weather, windows open, the wind from the right direction. Many friends present. Two nice days.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: June 16, 2010 21:17

The audience at opening night of the BTB tour left a lot to be desired...corporate types who wanted to been seen...

Date: June 16, 2010 21:44

Harm
Wasn't it obvious that I was just joking?

Well, you could have fooled me

-------------------

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 17, 2010 00:40

i had to walk out of the sw show at the coliseum in l.a. i enjoyed guns and roses very much tho. they were so loud and so fine. i wasn't a fan but i left one. wow.

now i did not have good seats this time so bear that in mind if u were there and had the time of your life. i admit the sound (and they were NOT BY FAR 'bad' seats tho)... was muffled. it was cleaner with guns but then they didn't have a vegas review they had a rock and roll band. four piece and a singer.

anyway. the crowd was having a great time. absolutely they were. but for me; the lyrics didn't match up with the big screen and the sound was shit except for plasticky plinks by chuck cutting thru the mix in this horrid fashion at the expense of EVERYTHING else, not just the guitars. it was good to see bill on his last stones tour i guess. for sentimental reasons. but i was happy to leave. loved the stones and wasn't pissed but wasn't staying. the radio was chock full of the greatest of stones songs to celebrate their prescence in l.a. so it was so ooooo good...my girlfriend and i beat all the other fifty thousand plus cars out of there. not a bad night. but...u know...i got in for free and felt a little ripped off.
and awful melencholy in a way...i had first heard them when 'time is on our side' was brand new. it was soulful and different and warm and powerful. i never looked back. i hopped on the live thing in '72 eastern seaboard usa including msg.
i wasn't coming for a comparison in '89. but really, it wasn't even mediocre. it was all spectacle and big balloons and drunken fools and shit sound. if it was a good performance by any of them how would i know? it did not project. chuck did. and a muffle of noise. immense stage. sigh so what

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 17, 2010 00:48

Seen them 6 times, only didn't enjoy myself fully once, but it had nothing to do with the band.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 17, 2010 00:56

jamesfdouglas
Seen them 6 times, only didn't enjoy myself fully once, but it had nothing to do with the band.

figured i'd give you a bump. as u seem to need to post a few words on every thread leaving, like droppings of poo, a picture of an alien with mule ears dribbling shrimp getting hit by lightning. wow. you are your own street team disguised as a troll.
so thats how many thousands of times actual rock fans see this here?
whoa.

good thinking. it's only little jimmys promotion outlet. but he likes it.
kinda more sad and negative tkhing to represent what probably is a lot of hard work....

again less than twenty words saying nothing but a couple of them are two syllables so thanks for the effort.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-17 00:59 by Beelyboy.

Date: June 17, 2010 02:03

Rolling Hansie
Edith Grove
Rolling Hansie
I have never been to a rollimg stones-concert smiling smiley

Dude ?

I have been to 53 Rolling Stones shows though and to me they were all great.
You can check my list HERE

It's a quantitatively impressive list, Rolling Hansie. But you never saw the real Rolling Stones play.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 17, 2010 02:14

kleermaker
Rolling Hansie
Edith Grove
Rolling Hansie
I have never been to a rollimg stones-concert smiling smiley

Dude ?

I have been to 53 Rolling Stones shows though and to me they were all great.
You can check my list HERE

It's a quantitatively impressive list, Rolling Hansie. But you never saw the real Rolling Stones play.

I do believe you have just p*ssed in Rolling Hansie's cheerios!

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 17, 2010 02:25

More Hot Rocks
If you went to a Stones concert and didn't like it, there something wrong with you. And if you didn't...you shouldn't be there in the first place.
Something wrong? Does no other possibility occur to you? Such as the band's performance was mind numbly bad? As to not liking after after it is over, after all one cannot draw a complete conclusion before then, and then saying one shouldn't have been there in the first place is a contradiction and illogical to boot. I mean no disrespect but think about what you wrote...

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: June 17, 2010 07:53

I've attended 22 Stones, 3 Keef/Winos shows and one each for the New Barbarians and Jagger solo. I can't say that I didn't like any of them, but they were pretty bad in Philadelphia '78.

Then again, I can understand why they'd give a substandard performance in Philadelphia, a city that is, let's face it, where God inserts the syringe when he gives the planet an enema. People in that rathole sh-tbox have been known to vomit on fans of visiting teams. [www.wtop.com].

It's no wonder that their sports teams only win one championship every 25 years. It takes 25 years to rebuild all the infrastructure they destroy in celebrating before the next champion stumbles along.

Date: June 17, 2010 13:52

kleermaker

LOL, quite an impressive remark, tailor.
Now please enlighten me ... when did the real Rolling Stones cease to exist ? I feel so sad now that I have been fooled so many times.
I could have sworne that I really saw Mick Jagger and Keith Richards on stage. Oh yes, and Charlie Watts, and and and that other guy Ronnie Wood. I even thought that I saw Bill Wyman a few times.
Oh darn, what a pitty.

-------------------

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 17, 2010 14:09

I saw 16 shows, and enjoyed them all. A lot!

Then again, since my first show was in 1990, probably I, like Rolling Hansie, am not qualified to say anything ...

C

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 17, 2010 14:17

probably I, like Rolling Hansie, am not qualified to say anything ...

HEY !!! ... Ya both have as much right as anyone else ta say how ya feel it all .......

ROCKMAN

Re: A Rolling Stones concert you attended and didn't like
Date: June 17, 2010 16:43

treaclefingers
I do believe you have just p*ssed in Rolling Hansie's cheerios!

Naaaahhhh, he didn't. Don't you worry. All those shows gave me such great memories. Especially in the bigger cities like London, Berlin, Amsterdam etc. In all those cities I met so many great Stones fans from all over the world and we had so much fun together. Nobody can piss on that.

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-17 16:45 by Rolling Hansie.

Re: A Rolling Stones concert you attended and didn't like
Date: June 17, 2010 16:50

liddas
since my first show was in 1990, probably I, like Rolling Hansie, am not qualified to say anything

LOL liddas, yes, poor you and poor me. We never saw the real Rolling Stones.
But, butt, bud I think that Rockman already answered properly. Thanks Rockman, I still remember that fun evening in London.

-------------------

Posted by: kees ()
Date: June 17, 2010 16:52

The two shows I saw in A'dam 98 pretty much sucked, as Ronnie did not touch his guitar at all. So only a very thin sound these nights. Just listen to the bootlegs.
After Koln 2006 0r 2007 I was saw bored with the war horses that I left before the encore and decided that this was my last Stines show.

Date: June 17, 2010 17:06

Rolling Hansie
kleermaker

LOL, quite an impressive remark, tailor.
Now please enlighten me ... when did the real Rolling Stones cease to exist ? I feel so sad now that I have been fooled so many times.
I could have sworne that I really saw Mick Jagger and Keith Richards on stage. Oh yes, and Charlie Watts, and and and that other guy Ronnie Wood. I even thought that I saw Bill Wyman a few times.
Oh darn, what a pitty.

Wij Nederlanders dollen elkaar toch graag, Rollende Hans? Of kom je uit Brabant? Vroeger klaagden de PSV-ers in het Ned. elftal altijd over die dollende Feyenoorders en Ajacieden. Daar konden ze niet tegen. Jij wel, schatte ik in.

Live the real Rolling Stones ceased to exist in 1975. I was a witness of it myself in The Hague 1976 and again in Rotterdam 1982. Having listened to Handsome Girls from 1978, which has a wonderful sound quality btw, my statement still stands. But the studio Stones are as alive as something living that isn't dead yet.

PS: I didn't say that anyone isn't qualified to say anything. That would be ridiculous.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 17, 2010 18:33

Rolling Hansie
liddas
since my first show was in 1990, probably I, like Rolling Hansie, am not qualified to say anything

LOL liddas, yes, poor you and poor me. We never saw the real Rolling Stones.

kleermaker
Live the real Rolling Stones ceased to exist in 1975....... But the studio Stones are as alive as something living that isn't dead yet.

PS: I didn't say that anyone isn't qualified to say anything. That would be ridiculous.

These are very enlightening remarks .

One one hand here are two persons who didn't see the Stones on live before 1990.
In another hand, here is someone who saw them in the early sixties-if I am not mistaken -

For myself,1976 was the first time I saw the band on stage and I feel so lucky for this .BUT I would have loved -and I feel sorry I didn't - seeing the Stones in 1969 (I was way too young grinning smiley ) or 1971/1973 .
Because,yes,The Stones sounded different and they were more rough on stage .

BUT the Stones are what they became ,and they were still the Stones after 1975.

I just can't stick to the "real Rolling Stones " kleermaker's point of view.Or at least,not with the same sight .

Real Stones ? Does it mean staying "stuck" in the same musical past ?
I saw the Stones several times after 1975 and I can say THEY WERE REAL cool smiley
OK,I worried a lot about Keith' playing in 2007 but that's another story ......

Different sound than in the early 70's ? Yes,it's obvious!
I also miss how they sounded with Taylor (hopefully ,I get my bootlegs ..)
But the Stones gave great shows EVEN with Ronnie Wood ,you know ....

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home