Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hide Your Love
Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: June 10, 2010 20:55

I find Hide Your Love quite addictive over repeated listens. In fact it now seems to be one of my favourites off Goats Head Soup. I love Jagger's (i presume) pounding piano playing and vocals very much, in addition to Mick Taylor's inspiring guitar solos. I love the bluesy feel, and as i've already stated, Jagger's vocal delivery. I think the track typically represents that early seventies Stones feel (like parts of Exile) - it sort of has a very loose jam feel to it, although i doubt it truly stands up as a great song, not in a traditional sense anyway. Maybe that's the reason Goats Head Soup generally received a lukewarm response from some of the critics. As a bluesy groove number however, i think it's great.

Re: Hide Your Love
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 10, 2010 21:32

WONDERFUL TUNE, I LOVE IT

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 10, 2010 21:35

Can't remember but I thought I'd read somewhere that Mick was just @#$%& around and they liked it enough to put it on the album. I'm glad they did because it's quite an entertaining scribble.

Posted by: JJFlash2010 ()
Date: June 10, 2010 21:42

I like the song. It could be looser and have more energy/improvisational sound like Melody does on B&B. Those two songs remind me of each other, Hide Your Love and Melody. I like GHS overall, especially Heartbreaker, Angie, Coming Down Again, Can You Hear The Music. The production is a little stiff on a lot of the album though. Exile and then B&B after sound so much more natural, they roll better.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 10, 2010 22:04

Edward Twining
I find Hide Your Love quite addictive over repeated listens. In fact it now seems to be one of my favourites off Goats Head Soup...

the weird thing is that Hide Your Love and Can You Hear the Music were the 2 songs I tended to skip on Goats Head, but now I love both of them. i think they're both addictive.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: June 10, 2010 22:06

great song. great guitar playing by mick taylor!

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 04:25

I included this song on my Exile Blues compilation because it just had an Exile feel to it. Generally speaking, it is a collection of songs with a muscular guitar sound I like. Everyone has this stuff, but here is the setlist:

SBD
SYH
CBoogie
VBlues
I Ain't Lying (Outtake)
Bluesberry Jam (Montreux)
Tumbling Dice II (Montreux)
Hide Your Love (Outtake from Acetates)
Still A Fool (Outtake)
Hillside Blues (Outtake)
SBAngel
JSFanny (Outtake)
GTWomen (Outtake)
STrain (Outtake from Acetates)
Travellin' Man (Outtake)
TOTRun
Torn and Frayed
(Coda) John's Jam (edited from Montreux)

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: June 11, 2010 07:43

Ilove this song, wish they would play it live? Or has it been?

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 11, 2010 11:34

Great blues tune; I guess, too, that MJ is on the piano, my fav track on GHS, I heard it then in 73 again and again. The permanent solo of MT is remarkable. Great Charlie, too.

Date: June 11, 2010 11:44

Great tune, but I like I Ain't Signifying even more thumbs up Taylor shines on both.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 11, 2010 18:53

i won't hide my love for hide your love. loved it then; love it now; but will i still love it tomorrow?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 18:54 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 11, 2010 18:56

pretty basic blues tune, backed up by a good Taylor guitar...a pass..again a Jagger/Taylor song

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 22:01

Love the vibe! Jagger's vocals and Taylor's guitar. What a combo!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 11, 2010 22:32

I like this song! Goats Head Soup - love 9/10 tracks including this one!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: June 11, 2010 22:35

great song lousy mix

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 11, 2010 22:48

Hard to sit still when this song plays.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-11 22:49 by ryanpow.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: June 11, 2010 22:53

Eleanor Rigby
pretty basic blues tune, backed up by a good Taylor guitar...a pass..again a Jagger/Taylor song

I don't understand -- do you mean simply that Keith wasn't around or are you suggesting Taylor should get a writing credit? If so, for what, please?

Posted by: tumbling phil ()
Date: June 11, 2010 23:50

Great album,Great song.Goats head soup was my 1st stones album so all the songs on it are special to me

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: June 12, 2010 04:28

I used to play this with the band I formed in high school, we all loved the tune so much. It's got an interesting chord turnaround when it goes from the C to the G#.

Posted by: jaggerzita ()
Date: June 12, 2010 05:48

Yeah, it's a great song! Just love it!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: June 12, 2010 06:16

texas fan
Eleanor Rigby

I don't understand -- do you mean simply that Keith wasn't around or are you suggesting Taylor should get a writing credit? If so, for what, please?

no - nothing to do with writing credit...it's just a Jagger/Taylor dominated song.
One of a few that the 2 worked closely together during a period when Keith was out of it.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 12, 2010 10:06

They overdubbed everything (including drums) onto a Jagger piano demo. You can hear the ghost vocal, which I always thought was cool. The happy accidents of analog recording.

I'll say it again: Mick Jagger is an underrated musician.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home