Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Europe first this Tour??
Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: December 4, 2009 12:05

With all the noise surrounding Ronnie's private life, I had missed the "News" item from BV about tour rumours and Europe being the first continent this time - the first time since Stones global tours kicked-off in the early 70s.

Why do we now see "news" about long circulating rumours (which BV will usually discount as rumours)? I can think of two possible reasons - people on this board will come up with more I am sure!

1. distract us from Ronnie's problems

2. drop a big "hint" about real plans, after being asked to do just that from the inner circle of the band, to keep our "next tour" interest high (and maybe to give Ronnie some space as well).

or will the cynics say this is just a co-incidence and wishful thinking...

Re: Europe first this Tour??
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 4, 2009 12:38

i just noticed it too...that blows the recent rumors that the tour will start in south america.

Date: December 4, 2009 14:36

I have also heard something about a tour starting in Europe a few weeks ago from a guy who because of his job is in contact with Michael Cohl. At this time, it seemed to be only a project, something they worked on but far to be a done deal. He said it was especially difficult this time because of a lot of problems to solve. Doubts about Keith and Ronnie health, all the problems during the BB Tour about tickets sales, especially in 2007,cancellations.....it doesn't help and deals with insurance and local promotors won't be easy. The guys also said it could be a low profil tour, at least in Europe, not that much dates, a majority of arenas, and big gaps between each show.
We'll see....

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: December 4, 2009 15:17

Ups, I was sure they would start the tour US as usually! I`m almost not preparedsmiling smiley
I always hope my hometown can get a concert from our band so perhaps I have to begin to twin my fingers now and wait for the tour-routesmiling smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 4, 2009 16:40

Jumpinjackflash59
. The guys also said it could be a low profil tour, at least in Europe, not that much dates, a majority of arenas, and big gaps between each show.
We'll see....

This sounds believable since I don't see Keith and Ronnie(specially Ronnie ) handle numerous & close dates on a next tour.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 4, 2009 17:17

I think the Stones will end this tour in Europe as always, but not for the same reason as usual. They will come to Europe and especially England in 2012 to celebrate their 50th anniversary in a fahionable style.

Should be quite logical wouldn't it!?

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 4, 2009 17:19

Fan Since 1964
I think the Stones will end this tour in Europe as always, but not for the same reason as usual. They will come to Europe and especially England in 2012 to celebrate their 50th anniversary in a fahionable style.

Should be quite logical wouldn't it!?
Yes ,they 'd end where it began.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: December 4, 2009 17:20

God, Mick and Keith will be close to 70 at this time. I wouldn't bet my salary on it.

Posted by: tussler ()
Date: December 4, 2009 18:19

Anyone who know/got an idea/heard rumours if Stones will do as they did last tour, find new cities to play? And if, where?

I understand there will be none fact-answers, well anyway some thoughts?

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: December 4, 2009 23:51

Jumpinjackflash59
God, Mick and Keith will be close to 70 at this time. I wouldn't bet my salary on it.

Bill is over 70 and he's still touring!

Date: December 5, 2009 01:07

Bill seems to be very healthy. He didn't spend most time of his life drinking and using drugs. I wouldn't say the same thing about Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 07:56 by Jumpinjackflash59.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 5, 2009 01:47

Whilst I'd love it to be Europe first it'd be a high-risk strategy. If they weren't cutting the mustard/getting poor reviews I'm certain North American ticket sales would be affected. Also, as already intimated by JJF59 I'm not sure The Americas would have the patience to wait on an ever ageing Stones.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 15, 2009 17:54

Any news about it?!?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:05

mailexile67
Any news about it?!?

Just rumors.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:11

USA will be the start

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:11

What tour? Ha ha ha ha...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:14

The most important things worth considering before organizing a 2010 tour are :
- the shape of the Rolling Stones as individuals/musicians
- the album they may want to promote by touring
- the availablity of a competent touring crew ( people use to tour with several artists : Metallica, U2, AC/DC...)
- the FIFA world Cup, which may "endanger" a huge tour anywhere outside the US. the band will have to chose the countries according to the tournament's schedule. The Stones are used to deal with this problem.
- the fact that the euro currency is very strong, making a european tour much more lucrative than a US tour

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: December 15, 2009 18:25

"- the album they may want to promote by touring" is subjective. They didn't exactly promote A Bigger Bang nor Forty Licks on those tours (even though they did play a lot of songs 'from' Forty Licks, ah ha ha). They're touring their entire catalogue, really, when you think about it even though they don't touch a number of songs from every album. If they do indeed release a new album (probably their last new studio album the way things are going with gaps between albums and record deal not meaning anything). Less people are buying albums now, in any format, and they'd need to actually hype the new record and PLAY songs from it on a consistent basis (like, oh, I dunno - U2? AC/DC? Pearl Jam? The Cult?), let's say 3 or 4 songs every night, to actually be 'touring' the new record. And if sales of it are poor, you can forget it, just like with A Bigger Bang, unlike the other bands, who WANT to play their new tunes regardless of sales. I guess you could say that's a kind of relevance even though I don't find relevance and music to go together.

I really don't see that happening, the Stones playing 3 or 4 songs from a possibly new album. It's just going to be another warhorses laiden show on tour.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:35

i do not believe any of this on a new album or a new tour .i need proof

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:38

skipstone,

No matter how many new songs you play, you give the tour a name : Bridges To Babylon tour, Voodoo Lounge Tour, Licks Tour, A Bigger Bang Tour...
This rule applies not only to the Stones.

Will we see a "Universal Remasters Tour 2010" or a "Deluxe Exile On Mainstreet Tour" ?
I don't think so...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:45

Dream on. No tour.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: December 15, 2009 18:55

Jumpinjackflash59
Bill seems to be very healthy. He didn't spend most time of his life drinking and using drugs. I wouldn't say the same thing about Keith.
Bill is not specially healthy - he was recently asked to quit smoking, else he would have huge problems with his breathing ability. He himself had mentioned that he has hard times going up and down stairs because of breathing problems.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: December 15, 2009 19:31

....ands what of Keith's autobiography?...when does that get promoted?...isn't it due in 2010???

Date: December 15, 2009 21:04

I know Doc - the point is if they name it after a new record or not - if they do and go about business as usual then it's kind of pointless. Everyone knows that they named the album A Bigger Bang and the tour the same because they were gonna blow the record for money made off the planet.

It really had a parenthetical name for the tour, it just never got printed - A Bigger Bang (All The Way To The Bank).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home