Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 16, 2010 15:03

I am a practising catholic believer, and although I don't want to start anything about religion on this board but this is a terrible blasphemy, and that priest is simply an idiot.Very sad.
Again, I don't want anything about religion here.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 16, 2010 15:15

I am a practising catholic believer, and although I don't want to start anything about religion on this board but this is a terrible blasphemy, and that priest is simply an idiot.Very sad.

I respect this of course,but I posted this as a document of what happened that
day and not to make fun of it. ( please notice my remark concerning to bring back the fun in this direction ).

And I´m aware that football is for some at least as important as any kind of religion.

One could also debate as well if this "oracle hype" is violating any animal protection or not...

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 16, 2010 15:20

shortfatfanny

I respect this of course,but I posted this as a document of what happened that
day and not to make fun of it. ( please notice my remark concerning to bring back the fun in this direction ).

And I´m aware that football is for some at least as important as any kind of religion.

One could also debate as well if this "oracle hype" is violating any animal protection or not...

OK I finished. Let's continue talking about football.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 16, 2010 15:53

kleermaker
carlitosbaez

For my, this thread is over
Carlitos

Hey come on, hotheaded Spaniard! You know football is emotion, and we always have solved it here. Just stop the whining and complaining. You started provoking yourself with your so called Butcher team pic and other one sided football pics all over the place, a great champion unworthy. You're world champion, man! What do you wish more yet? Show the Spanish fury in a positive way!

BTW: Nice painting of Velasquez, but we reconquered Breda anyway and are independent since centuries. Take a look at this one and let's argue about painting. I say: Holland has the greatest painters!

Hey kleer, Carlitos and The Sicilian and any other art lovers. Just started a separate thread about IORRers favourite works of art. Well, they ain't anything else to talk about now, is there?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 16, 2010 16:18

Silver Dagger
By the way, we just made the 90th page of this thread. A Stone classic!

91 spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 16, 2010 16:36

LEt's all kiss and make up! ;-) Soccer is here to unite people, NOT divide! And uh that Dutch Priest is a parody or a joke, right?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 16, 2010 16:36

SFF, great post and pics! Nice church. It's certainly 'WC related'. I read an article about it in a Dutch internet paper, but didn't see the pics. But I respect 1962's objections too, so no further comment. Only the remark that I was a catholic boy and have sung in a boys church choir, even as a soloist, alto and soprano. That was really fun and I had a great time. Seeing the inside of this church brings the fine memories back. These days I'm what they call an agnostic. As a boy I was in a catholic school (for kids until 12/13). We had a school football team and were the best of our (relatively big) village. We organized as boys matches with other school football teams, from some public schools, another catholic school (but only for boys, I was at a school with girls as well), some different protestant schools. Man, it was always big fun. We needed no ref. Never problems. When I was in the last class, being 12, I was captain of our team and we became champion. Kids enjoy that so much more than adults. Got a big cup from the mayor. I still love the football shirts we wore. Well, I'm boring now. Sorry!

Silver Dagger, great idea! I'll take a look at your post in that new art thread you started right now!

Date: July 16, 2010 16:40

susannewortmann
that Dutch Priest is a parody or a joke, right?

Nope. Absolutely a true story. That's why the bishop got so mad, although the people in the parish actually like their priest.

-------------------

Date: July 16, 2010 16:42

susannewortmann
LEt's all kiss and make up! ;-) Soccer is here to unite people, NOT divide! And uh that Dutch Priest is a parody or a joke, right?

No Susanne, certainly not a parody or a joke. Just celebrating in a special way. It's typical Dutch. But the bishop didn't appreciate it. And so it became news for the media.

Btw: I agree with you 1000% and I really hope you have a great time in my country with your friends here! Let's hope for very fine wheather in August!

Date: July 16, 2010 16:58

thumbs up kleermaker! smileys with beer
smiling bouncing smiley

But uh THIS is typical Dutch?? It happens only in that church or everywhere for the WC!? God must have been offended then by letting Spain win! winking smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 17:06

susannewortmann
thumbs up kleermaker! smileys with beer
smiling bouncing smiley

God must have been offended then by letting Spain win! winking smiley

Well, I willingly leave that question to the theologists.

PS: By "typically Dutch" I meant that I'm not surprised seeing this. Maybe it has happened in other (catholic) churches here as well, but in another form.

Date: July 16, 2010 17:07

Also typical Dutch, I think:
During the canal tour with the Dutch team, the beer on the boat was provided by Heineken. There were a couple of very big pints that the players were drinking. That was visible on TV. Now there is a foundation who is against alcohol and they filed a complaint about that. They even found a politician who supports them. Next week there will be questions asked in parliament about this drinking issue.
So you see, although we are a very small country, we sure know how to create big issues LOL.

-------------------

Date: July 16, 2010 17:10

susannewortmann
God must have been offended then by letting Spain win!

That's it. Of course. How stupid. Now I know why the bishop decided to punish the priest.

-------------------

Date: July 16, 2010 17:23

Rolling Hansie
susannewortmann

That's it. Of course. How stupid. Now I know why the bishop decided to punish the priest.

He rightly did so! Otherwise we would have won ...

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 16, 2010 18:26

kleermaker
Rolling Hansie
susannewortmann

He rightly did so! Otherwise we would have won ...
Well...... if you are going to bring God into it........
At least we now know that God likes The Nederlands more than Germany winking smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 18:34

We are God forsaken! :-)

Date: July 16, 2010 18:34

Rolling Hansie

During the canal tour with the Dutch team, the beer on the boat was provided by Heineken. There were a couple of very big pints that the players were drinking.

YEAAAAAA!!!!!!

Date: July 16, 2010 18:41

And if God loved Holland more than Germany he would had let you won in 1974....OUCH!! And he would had given you the Trophy in 78 but he had already sent his Son to earth who was already in the Argentina team as a substitute player and if he loved you he would had Holland qualify in 82 and 86 and Holland would had won the 8th finals in 90 against germany and would had been WC then also and...shall I go on?? Or is this just rehashing the facts?? ha ha ha ha

I have a CD (I get many free so don't blame me) by Slayer...God Hates Us All!! Maybe that's it, he just lets us bleed over a football game and makes us whine and argue about NOTHING! All you guys, have a GREAT SUNNY weekend whether you support Spain, Holland, Germany or even Switserland. Enjoy life, get a tan, listen to The Stones, drink a beer (or two), make love and forget about this discussion! It's nice to have different opinions! But don't @#$%& with the facts! winking smiley

97 Bottles of beer on the wall
97 Bottles of beer
take one down, pass it around
96 bottles of beer on the wall.....

96 Bottles of beer on the wall
96 Bottles of beer
take one down, pass it around
95 bottles of beer on the wall.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 18:44 by Max'sKansasCity.

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie

During the canal tour with the Dutch team, the beer on the boat was provided by Heineken. There were a couple of very big pints that the players were drinking.

YEAAAAAA!!!!!!

I'd rather seen the Bavarian girls instead of those enormous Heineken pints the players were messing about. The question in parliament should be: WHY weren't the Bavarian girls present???

Date: July 16, 2010 18:48

BOTH!!!!!

Date: July 16, 2010 18:50

susannewortmann
And if God loved Holland more than Germany he would had let you won in 1974....OUCH!! And he would had given you the Trophy in 78 but he had already sent his Son to earth who was already in the Argentina team as a substitute player and if he loved you he would had Holland qualify in 82 and 86 and Holland would had won the 8th finals in 90 against germany and would had been WC then also and...shall I go on?? Or is this just rehashing the facts?? ha ha ha ha

I have a CD (I get many free so don't blame me) by Slayer...God Hates Us All!! Maybe that's it, he just lets us bleed over a football game and makes us whine and argue about NOTHING! All you guys, have a GREAT SUNNY weekend whether you support Spain, Holland, Germany or even Switserland. Enjoy life, get a tan, listen to The Stones, drink a beer (or two), make love and forget about this discussion! It's nice to have different opinions! But don't @#$%& with the facts! winking smiley

God is very just: he gave us the best football players and coaches the world ever saw and he gave others some phoney cups. Besides God gave us a mission: learn those other poor countries play football and don't think at your own interest. Well, so we've always done obediently.

Date: July 16, 2010 18:59

I just hope we can go back to a normal football NOT that the vulhornball
NOT

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 16, 2010 19:11

I just wanna congratulate the world champions from Spain once again.
You guys certainly deserved to win.

European champions 2008 - Spain

World champions 2010 - Spain

What's next? Probably Olympic Champions 2012 - Spain.

Date: July 16, 2010 19:24

The Stones

What's next? Probably.......

Date: July 16, 2010 21:40

Good football and good sex have some things in common...

1)Both start with a 45 minute foreplay session then a short break and then a 45 minute grand finale.

2)The first 80 minutes are merely foreplay leading to an exciting and thrilling final 10 minutes of intensity

3)There should be a plan, but it is OK to improvise as you go.

4)Lots of intertangled body parts

5)Minutes of setups lead to to seconds of thrills and then the activity eases
back down to enjoyable, rigorious action ...building the setups again leading
to more INTENSE THRILLS and then easing back down ... lots of ups and downs.....

6)

7)

8)

9)

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 16, 2010 21:45

The Stones

What's next? Probably Olympic Champions 2012 - Spain.

USA 2 Spain 0 - June 2009

Date: July 16, 2010 22:17

Max'sKansasCity

LOL Max

-------------------

Date: July 16, 2010 22:32

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity

LOL Max

grinning smiley

That's why we also love football so muchcool smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 23:41

Here's the explanation of the bishopric why the Dutch catholic Orange priest has been suspended. Unfortunately it's only in Dutch. But look at the picture above: shooting and cycling are okay for the Dutch Roman catholic church. In the meanwhile the parishioners of this priest are angry as hell about his suspension and they support their pastor 100% because he's overall a very good priest for them, helping them as much as he can. Both young and old people have declared that on television and in the papers. I saw they were really angry.

BTW: He didn't pray for a Dutch victory against Spain. I saw a video of him. A very funny and nice guy.

[www.bisdomhaarlem-amsterdam.nl]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8687888990919293949596...LastNext
Current Page: 91 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home