Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 15, 2010 23:58

carlitosbaez
Yes Jordi, Pathetic and looser, Americans love that word, looser...
I wanted to say something but I prefer be quiet and being respectuf with everyone, and I am going to be, why?
Because we live in a civilize country, listen and understand one.
Take care Jordi and GREAT PEOPLE for IORR´s
Carlitos
Tenerife
HAHAHHA.. you are the biggest mouth here.
YOU were the one starting whining crybaby BUTCHER talk, WTF??
You should have some class with your lucky win, but nope, you keep whining.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 15, 2010 23:59

Silver Dagger
sweetcharmedlife
Silver Dagger
sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie

Maybe Susanne deserves her own thread. She's become one of the most named people on this site very quickly. That kind of fame is hard to come by. >grinning smiley<

Well I'm out of Sus(z)anne songs,so maybe not.eye popping smiley

There's more my friend.

Susanne will have a hard time, next month in Egmond aan Zee, being so famous! People constantly asking for her autograph, making pics of her in her German bathing suit or orange bikini all the time. The beaches she will visit will be crowded by her admirers.

I really hope her Dutch fans will give her a break once and a while! Being a celebrity ain't easy!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 15, 2010 23:59

kleermaker
treaclefingers
kleermaker

As for the (neutral) spectators: I can imagine that they didn't like the match. It takes something to understand this game and to see what's really happening. The Spanish pressing, the Dutch flashing attacks, the tension, the equilibration between those top players. It's like boxing: if both boxers are very equal to each other it can be dull to watch for outsiders (like me), whereas it is very exciting for the insiders.

quote]

OR, they could have just played a more interesting, faster game. That might have helped and then the (neutral) spectator wouldn't have to get a graduate thesis on the inner machinations of the Spanish/Dutch rivalry, in order to enjoy the world cup final.

Never had that problem in previous finals...

Treacle, I just did explain...

Got a quite amusing scenario at my team kleer. I support Man City - yes, I know what everyone thinks about them trying to buy success but I've actualy supported them all my life!. Anyway we have just bought Spanish player David Silva and we also have Nigel De Jong in our team. Hope there's no bad blood.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 00:09 by Silver Dagger.

Date: July 16, 2010 00:00

By the way, we just made the 90th page of this thread. A Stone classic!

Date: July 16, 2010 00:07

Silver Dagger
By the way, we just made the 90th page of this thread. A Stone classic!
Cheers smiling smiley World Cup football is a big deal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 00:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 16, 2010 00:13

kleermaker
Max, I think you've learned a lot about football and in an amazingly short period of time. You have 'an eye' for football that not many people have, eventhough they think they are very well 'in' this sport. So you must have indeed some orange blood running through your veins! I'm looking forward to a football match Holland-USA! That would be nice and great!

Thank you for the compliment, but I still have a 1000 questions.
I am waiting until the hoopla to calm down to ask ...... so we will see.

As far as USA vs Holland...I stand by my opinion that this Dutch team is the best.
I will root for my homeland, but until we build an elite team, I dont know.

I have a feeling that the USA teams in the future will do much better.
Something is awakened over here ...s o expect to see more of us : ) I hope.

Date: July 16, 2010 00:21

Silver Dagger

Got a quite amusing scenario at my team kleer. I support Man City - yes, I know what everyone thinks about them trying to buy success but I've actualy supported them all my life!. Anyway we have just bought Spanish player David Silva and we also have Nigel De Jong in our team. Hope there's no bad blood.

Aha, that will be interesting, how they'll function together. Maybe Nigel can learn David some karate kicks and David Nigel some diving tricks! They will get along fine without any doubt. Maybe I'll follow club football now somewhat more because I know many players now. One has to have a certain affinity at least.

My club was and still is in a sleeping way, Feyenoord Rotterdam, the first Dutch club that won the Europa Cup 1 and WC for clubs in 1970, the beginning of the Dutch supremacy in football (well, except the WC for national teams!). With the famous Willem van Hanegem and Ove Kindvall from Sweden and of course one of our best left wing strikers of all time Coen Moulijn. And of course Wim Jansen and Wim Rijsbergen, famous from the WC 1974 (in that year Feyenoord won the UEFA Cup against Tottenham Hotspur). My daughter is a fan of Ajax Amsterdam, one of the most famous clubs ever. So many great players come from it. It's due to me that she's become an Ajax supporter. When she was a little girl I incited her to be, so that we always had fun when it was Ajax-Feyenoord. Ajax played maybe the best football Van Gaal ever created when they won the Champions League in 1995. They played one touch football that even Spain can't play these days. But those were other times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 00:29 by kleermaker.

Date: July 16, 2010 00:26

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
Max, I think you've learned a lot about football and in an amazingly short period of time. You have 'an eye' for football that not many people have, eventhough they think they are very well 'in' this sport. So you must have indeed some orange blood running through your veins! I'm looking forward to a football match Holland-USA! That would be nice and great!

Thank you for the compliment, but I still have a 1000 questions.
I am waiting until the hoopla to calm down to ask ...... so we will see.

As far as USA vs Holland...I stand by my opinion that this Dutch team is the best.
I will root for my homeland, but until we build an elite team, I dont know.

I have a feeling that the USA teams in the future will do much better.
Something is awakened over here ...s o expect to see more of us : ) I hope.

Max, I really hope the USA will be better and better. Now they're ranked 13, absolutely not bad for a country with such a short football tradition. They played very well during this WC, so hopefully your young fellow countrymen have been insprired by Donovan and his teammates! I'll follow them.

Posted by: dancingmisterd ()
Date: July 16, 2010 00:28

kleermaker
Silver Dagger
sweetcharmedlife
Silver Dagger
sweetcharmedlife
Rolling Hansie

Maybe Susanne deserves her own thread. She's become one of the most named people on this site very quickly. That kind of fame is hard to come by. >grinning smiley<

Well I'm out of Sus(z)anne songs,so maybe not.eye popping smiley

There's more my friend.

Susanne will have a hard time, next month in Egmond aan Zee, being so famous! People constantly asking for her autograph, making pics of her in her German bathing suit or orange bikini all the time. The beaches she will visit will be crowded by her admirers.

I really hope her Dutch fans will give her a break once and a while! Being a celebrity ain't easy!

confused smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 00:39

kleermaker
Max, I really hope the USA will be better and better. Now they're ranked 13, absolutely not bad for a country with such a short football tradition. They played very well during this WC, so hopefully your young fellow countrymen have been insprired by Donovan and his teammates! I'll follow them.
To be blunt, I am somewhat furious at whatever has held back the football
movement in this country. It may be the NFL, NBA and MLB not wanting the
competition or it maybe something else...but the old BS "that football/soccer
is boring" will not cut it anymore. Word is spreading...IT IS TIME !!!!! and
with the sheer number of people in this country to pool from .... it is unaacceptable inexcusable to be ranked 13.

I imagine it will be a tough road ... because the better we do, the less the
world will be happy with us doing well, but it is awakened here, the genie is
out of the bottle. I can explain WHY football is so great ..... to any sports fan.

I HAVE A DREAM...and I will be doing my part to pass it along..... watch out..... we are coming.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 16, 2010 00:56

Max'sKansasCity
kleermaker
To be blunt, I am somewhat furious at whatever has held back the football
movement in this country. It may be the NFL, NBA and MLB not wanting the
competition or it maybe something else...but the old BS "that football/soccer
is boring" will not cut it anymore. Word is spreading...IT IS TIME !!!!! and
with the sheer number of people in this country to pool from .... it is unaacceptable inexcusable to be ranked 13.

I imagine it will be a tough road ... because the better we do, the less the
world will be happy with us doing well, but it is awakened here, the genie is
out of the bottle. I can explain WHY football is so great ..... to any sports fan.

I HAVE A DREAM...and I will be doing my part to pass it along..... watch out..... we are coming.

I would love to see football take off here in the US, and would be thrilled to see the NFL reduced to what it is, cattle grazing posing as sport so that commercials can invade all the households.....woo.

Date: July 16, 2010 01:01

Man you got that right ....
(just)ONE of my favorite things about football/soccer is 45 minutes of no commercials action without BS interuptions
and I imagine that is exactly why the money mthrfkrs dont like football ...BUT FK THEM!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 01:06 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 16, 2010 01:07

Max'sKansasCity
Man you got that right ....
ONE of my favorite things about football/soccer is 45 minutes of no commercials,
and I imagine that is exactly why the money mthrfkrs dont like football ...BUT FK THEM!!

Yeah Max, I guess the continuous play of football has the TV/NFL folks befuddled : how can they try to sell us cuff links with embedded digital watches etc. every 4 minutes if there is a real sport going on.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 16, 2010 01:12

carlitosbaez
let me introduce the pics with this one dedicated to the sicilian, lately posting classic paintings, what about this my friend by Velázquez, The Surrender of Breda which summarize the Victory of Spain last Sunday, Ambrogio Spinola, who conquered the Dutch city of Breda a few years prior. This masterwork depicts a transfer of the key to the city from the Dutch to the Spanish army during the Siege of Breda. It is considered one of the best of Velázquez's paintings.
Carlitos
Tenerife

And the original one of course, dedicated to you The Sicilian, Spain is the World Champion!!!!

Carlitos,

Despise the team but love the history. But regardless, Spain is now the world champion for 4 years until Italy can win it back.

A brilliant painting by Velazquez and much appreciated. So much history and culture in Europe, so much to see. Can't wait to visit and explore.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 16, 2010 01:15

Rolling Hansie

Hansie,here you go...

...difficult,but worth a try...

...or the classic option...

...in case nothing works...

...but hey,wait...got it.....

...by some stairway to heaven...

...and with a little help from

Date: July 16, 2010 01:17

"Carlitos,

Despise the team but love the history. But regardless, Spain is now the world champion for 4 years until Italy can win it back.

A brilliant painting by Velazquez and much appreciated. So much history and culture in Europe, so much to see. Can't wait to visit and explore."

At least Italy has his Innocent X., another great painting.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 16, 2010 01:19

LOL shortfatfanny, absolutely fabulous

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 16, 2010 01:58

MKjan
how can they try to sell us cuff links with embedded digital watches etc. every 4 minutes if there is a real sport going on.

In the end money and greed will ruin it all. I read that millions club Barcelona had to borrow 155 million euros to be able to pay their players' salaries. That's a bad sign. The Spanish champions have earned 600.000 euros each, while in the meanwhile their market value has risen to the top because of playing for their national team. So instead of getting money those players that profit individually so much from participating in the WC should pay their countries' FA instead of vice versa. And then knowing that Spain is in a deep financial and economical crisis right now. Well, football is also bread and games for the masses, except the bread. Like in the Roman period: panem et circenses. But the Roman people got at least their bread.

Date: July 16, 2010 02:03

shortfatfanny
Rolling Hansie

Hansie,here you go...

...difficult,but worth a try...

...or the classic option...

...in case nothing works...

...but hey,wait...got it.....

...by some stairway to heaven...

...and with a little help from

grinning smiley

Great post, sff! Well Hansie, go ahead. I hope you don't have acrophobia!

Date: July 16, 2010 02:32

carlitosbaez

For my, this thread is over
Carlitos

Hey come on, hotheaded Spaniard! You know football is emotion, and we always have solved it here. Just stop the whining and complaining. You started provoking yourself with your so called Butcher team pic and other one sided football pics all over the place, a great champion unworthy. You're world champion, man! What do you wish more yet? Show the Spanish fury in a positive way!

BTW: Nice painting of Velasquez, but we reconquered Breda anyway and are independent since centuries. Take a look at this one and let's argue about painting. I say: Holland has the greatest painters!

Date: July 16, 2010 02:54

kleermaker
Well Hansie, go ahead. I hope you don't have acrophobia!

Unfortunately I do confused smiley

And now I have to climb the stairs to go to bed ... even those stairs scare me LOL

-------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-16 02:57 by Rolling Hansie.

Date: July 16, 2010 04:12

Diego Velázquez. Pope Innocent X. 1650. Oil on canvas. Galleria Doria Pamphilj, Rome, Italy

Pope Innocent X (Jambattista Pamfili) (1644-1655). Jambattista Pamfili was born in Rome on May 6, 1574. His parents were Camillo Pamfili and Flaminia de Bubalis. As a young man Jambattista studied jurisprudence at the Collegio Romano and graduated as bachelor of laws at the age of twenty. Soon afterwards Clement VIII appointed him consistorial advocate and auditor of the Rota. Gregory XV made him nuncio at Naples. Urban VIII sent him as datary with the cardinal legate, Francesco Barberini, to France and Spain, then appointed him titular Latin Patriarch of Antioch, and nuncio at Madrid. He was created Cardinal-Priest of Saint Eusebio in August 1626. He was a member of the congregations of the Council of Trent, the Inquisition, and Jurisdiction and Immunity. In 1644, a conclave was held at Rome for the election of a successor to Urban VIII. On 15 September Pamfili was elected, and ascended the papal throne as Innocent X. During his hold of the post the papal relations with France aggravated to such an extent that France invaded the Ecclesiastical States. On the contrary, the relations with Venice became very friendly. Innocent X aided the Venetians financially against the Turks in the struggle for Candia, while the Venetians on their part allowed Innocent to fill the episcopal vacancies in their territory, a right which they had previously claimed for themselves. Innocent X, as his predecessor Urban VIII, refused to acknowledge the new independent kingdom of Portugal and its newly elected king and did not give his approbation to the bishops nominated by the king. Thus it happened that towards the end of Innocent's pontificate there was only one bishop in the whole of Portugal. Innocent X was often irresolute and suspicious. He died in Rome on January 7, 1655.

Date: July 16, 2010 04:25

The Art of Painting - Jan Vermeer
c. 1666-73 (130 Kb); Oil on canvas, 130 x 110 cm; Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna

Date: July 16, 2010 06:26

These are all beautiful paintings.

Date: July 16, 2010 09:44

I smell a separate greatest paintings thread coming on.

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 16, 2010 10:20

kleermaker
susannewortmann
The Dutch stay frustrated! Fortuantely the Germans are a different breed!

Fortunately the Germans are not all the same (the new Germans, that is).
I really like most of the 'new' Germans. Actually all people are more or less the same. You can't really divide them into artificial nationalities. That's thinking according to the old and dangerous 20th century way. I don't believe in those stereotypes and biases. History has proven how stupid that is. The Germans should know that better than any other people. Most of them luckily do!
The recent German football team represents in my eyes the new Germany that has nothing to do with the horrible Germany of the first half of the 20th century anymore.

You REALLY ARE A BAD LOSER! Refering to Germanies past is inapropriate in a discussion about football. It's sports, NOT politics and has nothing to do with the horrible regime in my country in the 30's and 40's of the previous century! When you can't "win", which the Dutch obviosuly can't (as tomorrow they are beaten in field hockey CT finals by germany who then will again beat England! ;-)) and you start to get CLEARLY VERY RUDE!

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 16, 2010 10:35

[/quote]

I really hope her Dutch fans will give her a break once and a while! Being a celebrity ain't easy![/quote]

???????? du bist wirklich verrückt! You are crazy and have a wide imagination! Besides that you'r post with references to the German regime in the 30's and 40's IS totally out of proportian!

Date: July 16, 2010 11:57

Oh darn ... just as this thread was getting a bit funny again

-------------------

Date: July 16, 2010 13:48

susannewortmann

<Susanne will have a hard time, next month in Egmond aan Zee, being so famous! People constantly asking for her autograph, making pics of her in her German bathing suit or orange bikini all the time. The beaches she will visit will be crowded by her admirers.I really hope her Dutch fans will give her a break once and a while! Being a celebrity ain't easy!> Quote kleermaker

???????? du bist wirklich verrückt! You are crazy and have a wide imagination!

Yes I have a wide imagination. It was stimulated by this funny remark of Silver Dagger (it's somewhere up here, caused by all the 'Susanne' vids I guess):

<Maybe Susanne deserves her own thread. She's become one of the most named people on this site very quickly. That kind of fame is hard to come by. thumbs up smiley".> Quote Silver Dagger.

Suddenly I saw that image before me and it was meant funny and harmlessly. So take it that way. My other remark was meant as a compliment for your team. But now it seems that the ones who started humiliating, provoking and throwing oil on the fire are just the ones with the very long toes.

Take a look at the beautiful paintings up here and rejoice at the coming German hockey victory over Holland and calm down. We were just back in the 'joke and fun'-atmosphere, like Hansie said. In this thread you're world-famous. Enjoy it!
I remember you having said that you're a Taylor fan. Well, let me make it up with you: listen to this and let the anger flow away.

As a bonus I post a nice vid of the German footbal team during the WC 2010 with Dutch comment (forget about what happens after about 0:13)

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 16, 2010 14:19

Hope to bring back some fun with this...

At final day dutch roman-catholic priest Paul Vlaar was holding service in his church
in Obdam specially decorated and equipped.

Meanwhile his bishop Punt wasn´t amused about giving him a suspension to think in his time-out...

It wasn´t the first time bishop and priest disagreed,once at animal protection day
Vlaar let fly some birds at sevice through the entire church...

[www.spiegel.de]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8586878889909192939495...LastNext
Current Page: 90 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home