Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697Next
Current Page: 96 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: August 4, 2010 01:12

MUM,
Leaves,
Jónsi,
Sigur Rós
Fjallabræður
Mammút,
For a minor reflection,
Ingo og Veðurguðirnir

to name a few smiling smiley

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 4, 2010 12:31

Carlitos, I'm more a fan of your Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Marquez and Toni Elias!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 4, 2010 13:20

I just can't believe it. We already made it to page 96 !!!

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 4, 2010 16:55

Rolling Hansie

But also a bit off topic now.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 4, 2010 18:11

Come on guys/girl. No sleep till page 100. Then we can retire this thread and start the Champions League one.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 4, 2010 18:30

Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben Out For Two Months With Thigh Muscle Tear
The Dutch winger's injury woes continue...

By Clark Whitney

Aug 3, 2010 3:30:00 PM

Arjen Robben - Netherlands & Felipe Melo - Brazil (Getty Images)

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has sustained a muscle tear in his left thigh, and is expected to miss two months of action due to the injury.

Bayern doctor Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt has confirmed that Robben, who missed the first half of the Netherlands' World Cup campaign with a hamstring problem, has suffered a muscular tear in the same thigh.

"This is a very serious injury. The scan has revealed a hole of five centimetre in the muscle. It's irresponsible that he played at the World Cup with this injury and that nobody spotted this injury before," said Mueller Wohlfahrt on the Bayenr website.

"I've offered the Dutch my help on more than one occasion during the World Cup, but nobody was interested in my help."

Bayern Munich will start the new season with the German Supercup match against Schalke this weekend. They start the Bundesliga with a match against Wolfsburg on 20 August.

The absence of Robben probably means that head coach Louis van Gaal will start Toni Kroos as the attacking midfielder in Bayern's 4-2-3-1 formation, with World Cup star Thomas Mueller slotting into the right winger position.

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: August 4, 2010 18:48

Marc Marquez is leading 125. Pol Espargaro and Nico Tecol are 2nd and 3rd. Three spanish leading.
Toni Elias is leading MOTO 2 and Julian Simon is 4th.
Jorge Lorenzo is leading MOTO GP with Pedrosa second.
Three spanish leading and with high expectatives to reach the championship.
Don't tell Carlitos about it, he will colapse IORR with pictures and spanish flags, but probably we will reach page 100.
Apart of this Marquez, Espargaro, Elias and Pedrosa are catalans!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 4, 2010 18:51

Silver Dagger
Come on guys/girl. No sleep till page 100. Then we can retire this thread and start the Champions League one.

Silver, it will be interesting how the clubs will do. Financially I mean. In The Netherlands 13 clubs have a big financial problem because of the way too high salaries of the players. The average Eredivisie (Dutch Premier League) player seems to earn about 3 á 400.000 euros a year. That's by far the main problem. Until now so called 'sugar uncles' (big boys with lots of money, one of them was a banker who got broke at the cost of his clients who lost millions of euros because of his hobbies) and the tax payer (!) have saved these clubs. But that's going to stop because the new government has to cut its budget with 18 billion euros at the cost of the average citizen, who earns about 50.000 euros a year.

Same situation in the big countries (Spain, England, Italy), except Germany, as far as I know. The whole club system is all about money. Players like Robben earn about 5 million euros a year. Well, what kind of budget does a topclub need these days? It got out of hand and in the near future the whole system might be broke.

Btw: less quality makes a competition certainly not less interesting or less fun.

Date: August 4, 2010 18:54

kleermaker
less quality makes a competition certainly not less interesting or less fun.

You are damned right about that one

-------------------

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 4, 2010 21:48

kleermaker
Silver Dagger

The whole club system is all about money. Players like Robben earn about 5 million euros a year. Well, what kind of budget does a topclub need these days? It got out of hand and in the near future the whole system might be broke.

Btw: less quality makes a competition certainly not less interesting or less fun.

Unfortunately kleer my team Manchester City are the worst example of money taking over football. We are now trying to buy a title by spending £100 millions on new players. It's embarrassing and it absolutely no guarantee to win anything at all. All it creates is disharmony with the players and a club losing its soul. It will be interesting to see how we do. We have one of the stars of the Dutch De Jong playing for us.

But at the same time the English Premiership was ruled by an elite of four teams - Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Chelsea broke into the ring by being taken over by a billionaire. In a way once you're rich you keep getting richer because a successful run in Europe is worth at least £50m.

That system had to stop but the only way it could stop was for other clubs to get taken over by billionaires like we did. It's not good for the game - and not good for the national team as clubs are more likely to buy foreign players rather tan cultivate their locally born youth. And if the kids don't get a chance the national team suffers.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 5, 2010 01:16

TooTough
Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben Out For Two Months With Thigh Muscle Tear
The Dutch winger's injury woes continue...

By Clark Whitney

Aug 3, 2010 3:30:00 PM

Arjen Robben - Netherlands & Felipe Melo - Brazil (Getty Images)

Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has sustained a muscle tear in his left thigh, and is expected to miss two months of action due to the injury.

Bayern doctor Hans-Wilhelm Mueller-Wohlfahrt has confirmed that Robben, who missed the first half of the Netherlands' World Cup campaign with a hamstring problem, has suffered a muscular tear in the same thigh.

"This is a very serious injury. The scan has revealed a hole of five centimetre in the muscle. It's irresponsible that he played at the World Cup with this injury and that nobody spotted this injury before," said Mueller Wohlfahrt on the Bayenr website.

"I've offered the Dutch my help on more than one occasion during the World Cup, but nobody was interested in my help."

Bayern Munich will start the new season with the German Supercup match against Schalke this weekend. They start the Bundesliga with a match against Wolfsburg on 20 August.

The absence of Robben probably means that head coach Louis van Gaal will start Toni Kroos as the attacking midfielder in Bayern's 4-2-3-1 formation, with World Cup star Thomas Mueller slotting into the right winger position.

now we know why spain could win the cup!

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: August 5, 2010 22:00

Xavier hola!!!
I already talked about these campions MOTO champions, but don´t worry no flags or pics, but let me think about it, something is missing in this thread this finish this up, ME and the WORLD CUP, ladies and gentleman!!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
(World Cup is touring the country all these months, first stoping Canary Islands and Tenerife in a couple of weeks will jump to the Iberian peninsula and probably your region Xavier, Catalunya, I visited the Real Federation of Fútbol over here the cup was here, very near of my home. Dedicated to those people over here have been laughing about it...¡¡¡VAMOS!!!!

llargueras
Marc Marquez is leading 125. Pol Espargaro and Nico Tecol are 2nd and 3rd. Three spanish leading.
Toni Elias is leading MOTO 2 and Julian Simon is 4th.
Jorge Lorenzo is leading MOTO GP with Pedrosa second.
Three spanish leading and with high expectatives to reach the championship.
Don't tell Carlitos about it, he will colapse IORR with pictures and spanish flags, but probably we will reach page 100.
Apart of this Marquez, Espargaro, Elias and Pedrosa are catalans!!!

Date: August 5, 2010 22:46

LOL Carlitos, how did you do that ? I mean those pictures.

-------------------

Date: August 5, 2010 22:50

My wife took those pics today, I understand you think they are a photo montage?
The cup is here in Tenerife, the cup is visiting every town in Spain my friend
Saludos
Carlos
Tenerife

Date: August 5, 2010 22:55

WOW, you got the chance to get up there all alone ? Weren't there many people ? What about security and so ?

-------------------

Date: August 5, 2010 22:59

carlitosbaez
I understand you think they are a photo montage?

No, I just want to know

-------------------

Date: August 5, 2010 23:08

The cup has been here during 10 days in Tenerife, and also in other islans as La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma, tomorrow is travelling to Gran Canaria province, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura 10 days as well, and after that will fly to Spain, Madrid I believe.
I didn´t see too much security, two guards both side of the cup and some national police outside the building, the cup is watched over by two guys in all times and one security guy. There were more tourist than natives at the time I went, british, frenchs, and italians could recognized.
I could talk with the FIFA guy and the cup is not the solid solid gold one, just Brazil has it, this one is those they were carrying during the airplane and celebrations made with gold and malachite, I could rise the cup a little bit not to heavy, aroung 5 kilos.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:26

Is that the one MAradona tried to send to South Africa/ Looks like your either trying to snort it or eat it Carlitos.cool smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:28

Very nice to see that they move the world cup trophy around in the country!

Bjornulf

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: August 5, 2010 23:32

carlitosbaez
The cup has been here during 10 days in Tenerife, and also in other islans as La Gomera, El Hierro and La Palma, tomorrow is travelling to Gran Canaria province, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura 10 days as well, and after that will fly to Spain, Madrid I believe.
I didn´t see too much security, two guards both side of the cup and some national police outside the building, the cup is watched over by two guys in all times and one security guy. There were more tourist than natives at the time I went, british, frenchs, and italians could recognized.
I could talk with the FIFA guy and the cup is not the solid solid gold one, just Brazil has it, this one is those they were carrying during the airplane and celebrations made with gold and malachite, I could rise the cup a little bit not to heavy, aroung 5 kilos.

Congrats again Carlitos! Enjoy it, you are champion of the world!
In Brasil 2014 is our time again, Uruguay nomás! hehe

Cheers!

Date: August 6, 2010 00:02

Yes, it´s really nice people is very happy to see and touch the trophy, specially all the children around here. We don´t know when we´ll win another one!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

bv
Very nice to see that they move the world cup trophy around in the country!

Date: August 6, 2010 00:03

Vamos Aralla!!!!

Carlitos
Tenerife

aralla
carlitosbaez

Congrats again Carlitos! Enjoy it, you are champion of the world!
In Brasil 2014 is our time again, Uruguay nomás! hehe

Cheers!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 6, 2010 00:07

Original Carlitos with the replica cup...great shots !

Date: August 6, 2010 00:16

carlitosbaez
I could rise the cup a little bit not to heavy, aroung 5 kilos.

So you were actually allowed to touch it ... cool

-------------------

Date: August 6, 2010 00:23

Sure, sure, I touch it and rise it!!!
Campeones coño!!!!!
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 6, 2010 00:25

Those are great photos, great moments for you!!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 7, 2010 04:42

Rolling Hansie

100 pages>>>no problem..... maybe 200?

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: August 7, 2010 14:41

Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie

Hi Max!!!
Is this the new Vuvuzela Hero for Play Station 5?
Is available in the States oor only in Southafrica?
It sure will be my Xmas present!!!

Page 100 is just on the corner, but I'm afraid no more oranges can be squeezed to reach this page.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 7, 2010 18:46

llargueras
Max'sKansasCity
Rolling Hansie

Hi Max!!!
Is this the new Vuvuzela Hero for Play Station 5?
Is available in the States oor only in Southafrica?
It sure will be my Xmas present!!!

Page 100 is just on the corner, but I'm afraid no more oranges can be squeezed to reach this page.

I am afraid they had to pull this game off the market because every time
a player reached the 300,000 level they went clinically insane grinning smiley

and come on...there is always room for ORANGE..... just ask Hansie.

Date: August 7, 2010 22:44

Another celebration of the Icelandic team...

Carlitos
Tenerife "World Champion"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8788899091929394959697Next
Current Page: 96 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1833
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home