Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 97
Re: OT WORLD CUP 2010 in South Africa - the IORR thread
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2010 17:58

Gazza
andrea66
i agree with you liddas, i am a milan supporter too and i went a lot of time to san siro. tecnology would be welcome, but at the end we never like to consider the mistakes of the players (like the mexican osorio yesterday) because soccer players cost a lot of money and they don't have to lose their value. it is easier to be upset with referees or coaches (they get paid very well even for this reason, because they can get fired and they usually take the fault for everything). this is my point of view: players make mistakes ( a lot ), referees and coaches too , but only the last two pay the cost for their mistakes, becasuse it is easier. anyway...forza milan..

Oddly enough - I'm not blaming the referees. They're human. Most of them. I'd just like to see what is already a difficult job made a bit easier - especially as the technology is there to do it. Seems a wasted opportunity to ignore it.
Gazza,do you think if they added a second referee.that would help?

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:09

As mentioned in my previous post Rosetti is considered a good referee...
for the big teams
so could a second referee help? yes if not of the same kind
so why not the easiest solution: a good look at the big screen....

they did that in the last wc final to get Zidane's fault...
and maybe that is the reason blatter refused to hand the cup to the italians and ask a french player to give the wc back in south africa...
enough said

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:12

Gazza
andrea66
i agree with you liddas, i am a milan supporter too and i went a lot of time to san siro. tecnology would be welcome, but at the end we never like to consider the mistakes of the players (like the mexican osorio yesterday) because soccer players cost a lot of money and they don't have to lose their value. it is easier to be upset with referees or coaches (they get paid very well even for this reason, because they can get fired and they usually take the fault for everything). this is my point of view: players make mistakes ( a lot ), referees and coaches too , but only the last two pay the cost for their mistakes, becasuse it is easier. anyway...forza milan..

Oddly enough - I'm not blaming the referees. They're human. Most of them. I'd just like to see what is already a difficult job made a bit easier - especially as the technology is there to do it. Seems a wasted opportunity to ignore it.

and it perfectly works for rugby !

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:39

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
andrea66

Never really thought about it that way. They already have two 'assistant referees' already, after all. I dont think there would be enough glaringly bad decisions in an average game to warrant it. I just think the 'instant replay' thing thats used in NFL, rugby and cricket etc is the logical way to go, and have done for at least a decade.

They'll eventually bring it in, but like all changes in the way football is organised it'll take an epic and costly f*** up by someone to embarrass the people who run the game into doing something. They reckon in the press today that England's defeat yesterday cost the UK economy around £400 million in revenue that would have been generated by increased interest (merchandising, advertising, etc), so it goes to show how something so apparently trivial can have a knock on affect that goes far beyond sport.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:56

leteyer
You seemed to like French style. Is called football, you know. LOL

LOL leteyer, thanks for the lesson. I forgot it was called football haha. But now serious. Yes, it was a handsball, so the freekick was justified. But I thought the handsball was not on purpose, therefore the yellow card was too much I thought.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 28, 2010 18:56

Gazza
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
andrea66

They reckon in the press today that England's defeat yesterday cost the UK economy around £400 million in revenue that would have been generated by increased interest (merchandising, advertising, etc), so it goes to show how something so apparently trivial can have a knock on affect that goes far beyond sport.
But won't their be am increase in beer sales as people drown their sorrows.winking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 28, 2010 18:58

HOLLAND WINS

-------------------

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:00

sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
sweetcharmedlife
Gazza
andrea66

They reckon in the press today that England's defeat yesterday cost the UK economy around £400 million in revenue that would have been generated by increased interest (merchandising, advertising, etc), so it goes to show how something so apparently trivial can have a knock on affect that goes far beyond sport.
But won't their be am increase in beer sales as people drown their sorrows.winking smiley

In this country we dont need much excuse to get pissed!

Date: June 28, 2010 19:06

Gazza
In this country we dont need much excuse to get pissed!

I guess you mean "pissed" as getting drunk. In that case I can say it is the same here. Today especially LOL

-------------------

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:12

Rolling Hansie
HOLLAND WINS

If this is going to be the level against Brasil,Holland will be slaughtered.cool smiley

Date: June 28, 2010 19:13

-------------------

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:25

NICOS
Amsterdamned
NICOS
Still 5 hours to go

Cannot stand the tension anymore confused smiley

Still 2 hours to go

DONE[/quote]

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:36

Rolling Hansie
Yellow card for Robben because of hands ball. Is it because I am Dutch that I find this ridiculous ???

Yes, unless you don't know the rules.

Date: June 28, 2010 19:44

Sorry Max, a bad game by Holland. Only the 2 goals were okay. Fortunately no ugly incidents like in the games of Germany and Argentina. But boy, this ref knew how to use a whistle! I think Holland will play way better against Brasil or Chile (I hope Chile, a very good and sportive team with a perfect match mentality).

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 28, 2010 19:46

NICOS
NICOS
Amsterdamned
NICOS
Still 5 hours to go

Still 2 hours to go

DONE
[/quote]

With lots of luck....confused smiley

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 28, 2010 20:02

We've lasted nearly 150 years without any technology, not sure why we'd ever get it now

As someone said earlier, in the few seconds after the England 'goal' wasnt given, the Germans had raced up the pitch and scored themselves

When would the game have been stopped to watch the replay ?

It'd be chaotic!

Half the fun of football is the aftermatch discussion in the pub where you rant about decisions not given or those you got but didnt deserve. Its a human game with human emotions

Sometimes you get the roll of the dice, sometimes you don't

That said, I've still got the needle about decisions that went against my team (Aston Villa) going back to the 80's grinning smiley

But thats football

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 28, 2010 20:20

Congrats to my neighbours--the Netherlands

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 28, 2010 20:22

carlitosbaez
And this in Corea...

Carlitos
Tenerife

That WC in Korea was the worst together with the Olympics in Seuol. It has never been more corrupt than at that time.

Date: June 28, 2010 20:26

andy js
We've lasted nearly 150 years without any technology, not sure why we'd ever get it now

As someone said earlier, in the few seconds after the England 'goal' wasnt given, the Germans had raced up the pitch and scored themselves

When would the game have been stopped to watch the replay ?

It'd be chaotic!

Half the fun of football is the aftermatch discussion in the pub where you rant about decisions not given or those you got but didnt deserve. Its a human game with human emotions

Sometimes you get the roll of the dice, sometimes you don't

That said, I've still got the needle about decisions that went against my team (Aston Villa) going back to the 80's grinning smiley

But thats football

Well, the comparison of football with rolling dices is ridiculous. But if you prefer to stick in the 19th century while all other sports evolve, it's okay. And if you like ranting (not discussing, because there's nothing to discuss, we all see it clearly on our tv) well, then there are much better subjects to take.
I think I'm going to listen to Tumbling Dice right now.

PS: it seems that a commission consisting of British folks has a big voice in the rules of the game. Well, guess what will happen. Nothing. British football folks are conservative people. Generally, most of them, not all.

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: June 28, 2010 20:56

i go for chile to win tonights game

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:14

Amsterdamned
NICOS
NICOS
Amsterdamned
NICOS
Still 5 hours to go

Still 2 hours to go

DONE

With lots of luck....confused smiley[/quote]

Luck? what about Maarten van Stekelenburg

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:19

i go for chile to win tonights game

maybe the big surprise tonight ?

Date: June 28, 2010 21:20

Havo
Congrats to my neighbours--the Netherlands

Thanks Havo. Hopefully we'll meet you in the final final and win with 4-0, 2 goals in each half.

Date: June 28, 2010 21:30

Thanks Havo. Hopefully we'll meet you in the final final and win with 4-0, 2 goals in each half.

2 for the netherlands and 2 for germany in regular time

Date: June 28, 2010 21:33

kleermaker
Rolling Hansie
Yellow card for Robben because of hands ball. Is it because I am Dutch that I find this ridiculous ???

Yes, unless you don't know the rules.

I guess you did not read the conversation about this between leteyer and myself, which was actually quite friendly. But nevertheless, since you seem to know the rules, please educate me about those rules. When does a referee have to give a yellow card for a hands ball and when not ? I am very interested, since there was another hands ball during the match. This time from a Slowakian player and he did not get a yellow card. So go ahead, please enlighten me.

-------------------

Date: June 28, 2010 21:34

kleermaker
Hopefully we'll meet you in the final final and win with 4-0, 2 goals in each half.

Now that one I agree to completely smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: June 28, 2010 21:37

Germany-- Argentina 1--0

Netherlands--Brazil-or Chile--2-0

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:42

Havo
Germany-- Argentina 1--0

Netherlands--Brazil-or Chile--2-0

You got it all wrong

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:44

Argentina!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 28, 2010 21:44

Rolling Hansie
When does a referee have to give a yellow card for a hands ball and when not ?

[www.soccerhelp.com] (and in English it is 'hand ball, not 'hands ball').

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 97

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1989
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home