Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Stones In Quadrophonia
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 17, 2009 00:05

Just came by two topics about the Stones in Stereo and the Stone In Mono....so why not the Stones In Quadrophonia..............

Don't think the Stones released something in Quadrophonia, at least I don't hope so ... I realy can't stand it, I remember I ones went to a Quadrophonia demonstration awfull

Re: The Stones In Quadrophonia
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:39

Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 17, 2009 03:49

when i saw 'ladies and gentlemen the rolling stones' premiering at movie theatre in nyc, it was in "Quad sound" or somesuch...they actually had amazing sound w amazing clarity and a special sound system just for this...it was amazingly GREAT sonics...so i guess they have done this already.

it was rEaL loud and ReAl good!!!!!! when me and my friends first heard the warm up taps on charlies kit we looked at each other stunned. THIS was gonna be LOUD and really TASTY; and it was...just incrediballll

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-17 03:53 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 17, 2009 04:55

Beelyboy
when i saw 'ladies and gentlemen the rolling stones' premiering at movie theatre in nyc, it was in "Quad sound" or somesuch...they actually had amazing sound w amazing clarity and a special sound system just for this...it was amazingly GREAT sonics...so i guess they have done this already.

it was rEaL loud and ReAl good!!!!!! when me and my friends first heard the warm up taps on charlies kit we looked at each other stunned. THIS was gonna be LOUD and really TASTY; and it was...just incrediballll

Quite right. Good memory, Beely

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: September 17, 2009 05:18

Beelyboy

Sounds like it would make for an awesome DVD/Blu-ray with an original surround mix all ready to go.

"Release it Mick, with the Deluxe Exile set".

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 08:09

wasn't the stones 73 king biscuit hr radio shows done in quad?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: September 17, 2009 08:54

There was a quadraphonic version of Monkey Grip. I wish I had bought it.

I'm not an expert on the subject, but it seems like quad was supposed to be "the next big thing" in audio starting around '73 or so. By late '75 you didn't see any more new quad albums coming out. If I remember right there were two competing formats: Discreet and Matrix, and that didn't help.

Plus, you had to buy two more speakers.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 17, 2009 09:13

Johnny Winter Still Alive & Well was in Quad.... Silver Train .....
Pretty sure still have album somewhere ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 17, 2009 16:50

schillid
Beelyboy

Quite right. Good memory, Beely

If I remember correctly, the newspaper ads for the film promised that it could be played at over 100 decibels completely without distortion. The following year, the Who tried to go them one better by releasing the film version of TOMMY in "quintaphonic" sound.

Speaking of the Who, the title of this thread confused me a little. I thought maybe the original poster was asking if there's any mention of the Stones in the Who film Quadrophenia. There isn't, but there is one shot where you do briefly see a Yardbirds poster!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-17 16:53 by tatters.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 17, 2009 18:06

As I wrote beforeI once read that the quad signal is on the soundtrack of 'Ladies & Gentlemen' and cannot be removed so the proud owners of a surround system should be able to play the bootleg soundtrack in quad.

Can anyone confirm this?

Posted by: mdm08033 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 19:51

[/quote]

Was the Philadelphia premiere at the Fox Theater. My grandfather was a projectionist there at the time. I remember getting a white styrofoam frisbee with a lapping tongue on it as a five or six year old.

Cheers, Michael

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 13, 2009 18:34

so no official albums were ever released with quad sound?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1644
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home