Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: July 31, 2020 20:05

MisterDDDD
Four Stone Walls
To conclude this roofless buildings musings on Scarlet I had thought earlier ....

WHAT IF it was a sense of fun and freedom for Keith to take a song and record it independently with a fresh bunch of musicians, one of whom he had good association with, make that two. A kind of proto Winos.

Had he enjoyed Ronnie's relaxed basement vibe so much (c.f. Nelcote) with musicians coming and going that he preferred it greatly to the 'regime' of Stones's studio sessions as they had become. (with Taylor now one of 'Mick's boys')

He might very well have wanted to have a stab at this song with things under His control. A chance to assert some artistic and bohemian freedom. The irony being that eventually Mick did get his hands on it and control it's production.

I like Black and Blue a lot but there's little doubt about who was the boss producer there.

I sense that Keith had more fun and freedom working on John Phillips' album than on B & B, even though Jagger was involved, cos Keith was more musically involved with the songs and with the composer's lifestyle ofcourse.

You mad bro?
Cause you sound mad.

Why do you ask?

Are you projecting?

What do you mean by mad, Mister,er, DDDD ?

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 1, 2020 02:49

Hey all!

Sorry if I'm late to the party, been a few stressful weeks (everyone is ok, just stressed!)

BUT! Does anyone know how much of Scarlet is newer? What parts were added/redone?

Thx all

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 1, 2020 04:35

CJFP
Hey all!

Sorry if I'm late to the party, been a few stressful weeks (everyone is ok, just stressed!)

BUT! Does anyone know how much of Scarlet is newer? What parts were added/redone?

Thx all

Mick Jagger added lead vocals, acoustic guitar and maracas smileys with beer

Date: August 1, 2020 07:14

JordyLicks96
CJFP
Hey all!

Thx all

Awesome! I thought the vocals sounded newer! You know anything about Criss Cross?

(Huge fan of the YT btw)

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 1, 2020 07:32

CJFP
JordyLicks96
CJFP
Hey all!

Thx all

Awesome! I thought the vocals sounded newer! You know anything about Criss Cross?

(Huge fan of the YT btw)

Much appreciated!! smiling smiley As for Criss Cross, I don't believe anything was added from what I can hear.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 1, 2020 09:02

JordyLicks96
CJFP
JordyLicks96
CJFP
Hey all!

Thx all

(Huge fan of the YT btw)

Much appreciated!! smiling smiley As for Criss Cross, I don't believe anything was added from what I can hear.

Hi Jordy!! What about the part "Back to back and back to front, Hip to hip and toe to toe, Touch me, baby, yeah, yeah"? It seems added...plus some "Save Me" during the song.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 09:03 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 1, 2020 15:27

Lost in cyberspace

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 16:44 by Christiaan.

Date: August 1, 2020 16:04

KRiffhard
JordyLicks96
CJFP
JordyLicks96
CJFP
Hey all!

Thx all

(Huge fan of the YT btw)

Hi Jordy!! What about the part "Back to back and back to front, Hip to hip and toe to toe, Touch me, baby, yeah, yeah"? It seems added...plus some "Save Me" during the song.

Isn't it 'tongue to tongue'? I thought I heard 'tooth to tooth' in there, too smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 1, 2020 16:14

Well, Save me is not new.
That's why Criss Cross was named Save me on early bootlegs.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2020 16:15

Jagger might be the best frontman of a rockband in this world, but I doubt he'll recieve any Nobel prize in literature

But...oh yes, there's a "tongue to tongue" there as well, but wasn't that on one of the "outtakes" as well, in other words from original take without 2020 overdubs. And lip to lip as well.

Date: August 1, 2020 16:18

Erik_Snow
Jagger might be the best frontman of a rockband in this world, but I doubt he'll recieve any Nobel prize in literature

But...oh yes, there's a "tongue to tongue" there as well, but wasn't that on one of the "outtakes" as well, in other words from original take without 2020 overdubs. And lip to lip as well.

I think the only overdubs were background vocals for Criss Cross 2020.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 1, 2020 16:21

Thanks, Dandelion. I haven't paid that much attention to the official Criss Cross Mind, it's just way too long and unfocused even though the groove of the band is very good. And when watching the video, I can't focus myself.

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: August 1, 2020 16:31

Hairball
retired_dog
Hairball
Not sure retired_dog - stay tuned and I'll be sure to keep you updated!
I have a feeling it will be sinking lower as the hours and days pass by, but am hopeful it will stay at a solid 3.
Meanwhile, looking forward to the next barrel scrapings so we can rate, dissect, reevaluate, reappraise, revise, and ultimately give a final judgement when the dust has settled.
If it weren't for members like me discussing and dissecting, this thread would have been dead several days ago. thumbs up

Due to its self-appointed nature a rather dubious honour, but an honour nonetheless!

I'll keep writing and contributing thoughts and opinions, while you keep sniffing out those dastardly "Mick - haters".thumbs up

I enjoy reading your posts Hairball...almost as much as Doxa's...

Date: August 1, 2020 16:31

The one clear thing to me is that the stereo mix is changed. Listen to the “ringing”. On all the bootlegs I’ve heard of the song it is on the right channel. On the new release it is on the left channel. Goes for to whole mix to what I hear of it as a not musical Stones fanspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-01 16:32 by Christiaan.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 2, 2020 00:12

Or maybe your left and right channels are switched on the two sources you are listening to the boot vs the youtube/download/whatever. Or perhaps the non-boot source has its channels switched.

jb

Date: August 2, 2020 00:24

jbwelda
Or maybe your left and right channels are switched on the two sources you are listening to the boot vs the youtube/download/whatever. Or perhaps the non-boot source has its channels switched.

jb

No for Sure not the case. Have you listened to the bootleg YouTube and to the official Criss Cross? Then you can hear it yourself.

Date: August 2, 2020 00:40

Stranger things have happened.

I would take a listen, but my speakers are kind of all in one place so I would not hear much separation. If the mixes were different then it would be apparent but discrete sounds from one channel or another, probably would not be able to hear it.

Thanks
jb

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: August 2, 2020 01:00

Has anyone noticed that there is another mix of Scarlet floating around? I heard it on the radio and it has a very different outro with some additional Jagger vocals.

I haven't been able to find it anywhere but a few seconds of it can be heard here at 7:48

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 2, 2020 01:03

Only thing is good about Scarlet is Mick Jagger,rest is totally crap

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 2, 2020 01:33

Has anyone noticed that there is another mix of Scarlet floating around?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

drag the marker up around the 2.00 mark ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: August 2, 2020 02:06

Rockman
Has anyone noticed that there is another mix of Scarlet floating around?

[www.bbc.co.uk]

drag the marker up around the 2.00 mark ....

Wow, many thanks Rockman. I loved Scarlet before but this version is even better!

Date: August 2, 2020 02:07

pleasure Hilleeeeeeeeeee

ROCKMAN

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: August 2, 2020 03:09

Totally crap melody with nothing on.Only Keithfan can like this one.Just rubbisch

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 2, 2020 03:33

The radio mix sounds way better than the version on Youtube/Spotify, it has additional guitars and vocals, also the lenght is different from the album version, 3:26.

Date: August 2, 2020 04:00

georgelicks
The radio mix sounds way better than the version on Youtube/Spotify, it has additional guitars and vocals, also the lenght is different from the album version, 3:26.

I heard it on the radio yesterday. Thought it sounded different, and I dont usually notice the differences!

Date: August 2, 2020 04:12

It wont make any difference ....
The old guys on here wont like it ...

ROCKMAN

Date: August 2, 2020 04:15

You heard it on the radio? Scarlet?

Thats interesting, what kind of station or show was it, classic rock?

I didn't know it was actively being played on the radio. College station/public access, probably, but real commercial radio...didn't know it would fit any of todays "formats".

jb

Date: August 2, 2020 04:20

Yeah the play it down here
regularly on a number of stations ....

leaps from the speakers compared to some of the other snooze tracks

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2020 04:52

Never even heard the new Ghost Town or Criss Cross on any of my local rock stations (L.A., Santa Barbara, etc.), so doubtful they'd ever play this. You'd think the Jimmy Page connection would entice them, but...
A bit surprising as there's a local station where the dj still plays Saint of Me and Rain Fall down on occasion, and not to say he hasn't played any of the previous mentioned, just that I haven't heard any of them yet. Maybe he doesn't like them?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2020 05:11

georgelicks

Interesting...are you saying that you think the radio mix is superior (and different) vs. the one that's going to be on the album and the 7" single?

If so, it was the same case with Ghost Town - the radio edit mix was better imo (more Keith guitars, etc), and it was a bit shorter in length than the cd and 10" vinyl single.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-02 05:20 by Hairball.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1211
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home