Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:22

Hey Hairball, I normally dig your erudite posts, but for a guy who has mentioned (numerous times) that you don't care for Scarlet, you sure do seem to be on this thread posting a lot.

Just let it go man. Listen to any other of the Stones' beautiful hits and get happy.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:24

"Movie actors do nothing for a living, so when you ask them to do nothing, they expect to be paid for it." — Andy Warhol

A quote that came to mind after watching the video.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:24

Damn fine song.....hot smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:40

Dont worry Mr Zimmerman did a
Kids video with for Duquesne Whistle ....one watch was enough

ROCKMAN

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 6, 2020 23:51

Jagger's obsessive and now somewhat pathetic desire to look young and target this audience that doesn't give a shit

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: August 7, 2020 00:00

24FPS
All I know is I can't get the song out of my head.

Agree, only heard it once before (I intentionally didn't want to tire of it, i.e. waiting for the GHS release to hear it altogether) but since the video was posted I just listened 2 more times. It is now stuck in my head ... which is a good thing!

Video is fine w/ me, why not appeal to a younger audience? I've never really been a video guy anyway and am still surprised how many people care about them.

Oh, and "why you wearing my heart ... on your sleeve" is 100% a modern day Jagger lyric. I know most know this already but just pointing it out in case some still have a doubt.

BTW, best Stones video ever? ... She Was Hot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 00:04 by LeonidP.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: August 7, 2020 00:44

I love the song but the video is kinda stupid and very boring

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 00:45 by leteyer.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2020 00:58

peoplewitheyes
Hey Hairball, I normally dig your erudite posts, but for a guy who has mentioned (numerous times) that you don't care for Scarlet, you sure do seem to be on this thread posting a lot.

Just let it go man. Listen to any other of the Stones' beautiful hits and get happy.

The thread happens to be a "sticky" and the topic is ever evolving with a new remix practically every other day (original, BBC, single, etc.), and now a new video to top it all off.
Had it been just the original tune itself I'd understand your point, but with so many new twists and turns on a daily basis there's always something new to comment on.
As I said earlier, now that this chapters over (or is it?) with the multiple remixes, video, etc, hopefully they'll move on to whatever's next with the GHS deluxe.
And by doing so there will be something new to comment on. Meanwhile, currently listening to Criss Cross, Ghost Town, and Happy (not all at the same time ) - that's enough to make most any Stones fan happy! thumbs up
It's Only Rock and Roll (But I Like it)...................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 00:59 by Hairball.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2020 01:06

Rockman

Is it really? I didn't interpret it that way. I'm not a big Dylan fan but there is always some kind of meaning or message in his songs or videos. Sir Michael is more of a businessman.
He is following a trendy 2020 drama series here. Trying to capitalize on that in order to reach a younger, preferably female, audience. Or maybe I'm just a cynic...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 01:08 by Stoneage.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 7, 2020 01:32

Stoneage
Rockman

Is it really? I didn't interpret it that way. I'm not a big Dylan fan but there is always some kind of meaning or message in his songs or videos. Sir Michael is more of a businessman.
He is following a trendy 2020 drama series here. Trying to capitalize on that in order to reach a younger, preferably female, audience. Or maybe I'm just a cynic...

I get slang between the different countries so confused...

Does "cynic" where you're at mean basically.. disrespectful arsehole??
If so, totally agree.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2020 01:39

Watch your language, Mr DDDD.

Posted by: alexisjagger ()
Date: August 7, 2020 02:40

LeonidP
24FPS
All I know is I can't get the song out of my head.

Agree, only heard it once before (I intentionally didn't want to tire of it, i.e. waiting for the GHS release to hear it altogether) but since the video was posted I just listened 2 more times. It is now stuck in my head ... which is a good thing!

Video is fine w/ me, why not appeal to a younger audience? I've never really been a video guy anyway and am still surprised how many people care about them.

Oh, and "why you wearing my heart ... on your sleeve" is 100% a modern day Jagger lyric. I know most know this already but just pointing it out in case some still have a doubt.

BTW, best Stones video ever? ... She Was Hot!

The song is great, and it became available the day an aunt died, i will remember this song to her. It has a lot heart in its lyrics

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 7, 2020 02:50

My ONLY criticism of the Paul Mescal video for Scarlet is that he didn't strip down to show us some more of...him....he's a hottie.

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 7, 2020 03:06

Rip This
My ONLY criticism of the Paul Mescal video for Scarlet is that he didn't strip down to show us some more of...him....he's a hottie.

Hahaha my sentiments exactly! When the whip comes down that is!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 7, 2020 09:50

I need more negativity about the song and the video!
This forum must be coherent!!
Compliments and praises to every new boring Dylan's album (and others)...and negativity to every new Stones track!
C'mon!!!

Date: August 7, 2020 10:07

Compliments and praises to every new boring Dylan's album (and others)...and negativity to every new Stones track!

They just grow old and conservative ....
Ya can see 'em fade before your eyes ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 7, 2020 10:27

Rockman

They just grow old and conservative ....
Ya can see 'em fade before your eyes ...

Me and Rockman...Forever Young!smiling bouncing smiley

Date: August 7, 2020 10:30

Heck yeah man ...
Keep the furnaces stooked ... ya only live once ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: August 7, 2020 11:53

leteyer
I love the song but the video is kinda stupid and very boring

I agree. I switched it off after about 15 seconds. Love the song though.....

Date: August 7, 2020 11:54

Yeah One look vid ..... dont need it

More fun watchin Captain Benjamin L. Willard
doin his stuff at the start of Apocalypse Now .....

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 11:58 by Rockman.

Date: August 7, 2020 11:57

I do prefer this War on Drugs remix to the version that was originally released. Although its more obvious here the new Jagger vocals- I think the ad-lib stuff in the outtro sounds like modern-day Jagger and not 74 Jagger

Date: August 7, 2020 12:01

john lomax
I do prefer this War on Drugs remix to the version that was originally released. Although its more obvious here the new Jagger vocals- I think the ad-lib stuff in the outtro sounds like modern-day Jagger and not 74 Jagger

I don't think there was no "74 Jagger" on this track at all.

Date: August 7, 2020 12:04

DandelionPowderman
john lomax

I don't think there was no "74 Jagger" on this track at all.

Yeah you're probably right!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 7, 2020 12:50

I like the song but not the video...

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 7, 2020 12:52

Claridge's London.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 7, 2020 14:25

The new videos are aimed at perpetrating the sex,drugs&r&R in the 21century. Mick Jagger or the advisors at UMG probably wanted sexy& wild images to back up the sexy&wild music from 74.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: August 7, 2020 14:53

Capture of the interview. Not great, sorry if there are some pop-ups and hickups

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 16:24 by Christiaan.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 7, 2020 15:06

Mescal is definitely a hottie....good choice...I'll watch it again.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: August 7, 2020 15:56

rollmops
The new videos are aimed at perpetrating the sex,drugs&r&R in the 21century. Mick Jagger or the advisors at UMG probably wanted sexy& wild images to back up the sexy&wild music from 74.
Rockandroll,
Mops

yes maybe and if that is the case they completely succeed with the criss cross video which is genuinely wild and free both in form and imagery while the scarlet one lacks any edge, nothing wild in it unless you consider wild jumping more than three steps in a ladder, and the actor looks off most of the time by the way. boring, imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-07 16:00 by maumau.

Date: August 7, 2020 16:12

maumau
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

yes maybe and if that is the case they completely succeed with the criss cross video which is genuinely wild and free both in form and imagery while the scarlet one lacks any edge, nothing wild in it unless you consider wild jumping more than three steps in a ladder, and the actor looks off most of the time by the way. boring, imo.

Watched Scarlet with my 18 year old. She loved the video, and she hasn't even watched Normal People smiling smiley

We're off the Zeitgeist, methinks, hehe.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home