Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 15, 2020 00:52

TheflyingDutchman
43 or so pages that I didn't read. But I found this, sorry if it has been posted before,

Recent intervieuw with Keith.

Thanks. thumbs up

Understandable why Keith completely forgot about All the Rage as it's not a very memorable tune at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-15 00:53 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 15, 2020 03:12

I reckon it was more keith having a
sling at the renaming of Ass to Rage ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: krkhamster ()
Date: September 15, 2020 08:57

Wrote an article about GHS (swedish, sorry)

[www.rockbladet.se]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-15 09:01 by krkhamster.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2020 15:56

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Please stop this unnecessary hostile behaviour. Take a deep breath and put on some Stones music. We're in this together.

When you pour gasoline on someone and light a match, standing back and asking then to 'cool down' seems disingenuous.

"It must be tiresome to have a favourite band, immensely hating one of the members...

Anyone else who saw Bill's alleged statement of 50 percent of "Life" being fiction?"

I have noticed you haven't apologized for that, particularly as the source for his opinion (whether you agree with it or not) was produced.

He has spewed hatred here for a long time. Not opinions, just pure hatred. Always targeting a specific individual. Clearly against the rules of this board.

Why should I apologise for asking? He didn't name a source, and he refused to provide it.

There is no justifiable reason for talking to others the way he does, imo. I have invited him to discuss in a normal manner numerous times.

You know all of this perfectly well, of course.

It's nice that you have your friend's back, though.

I was only making an observation on what I had read. It seemed to me that you enflamed the guy, then acted surprised when he reacted.

Date: September 16, 2020 15:58

Chris Fountain
DandelionPowderman is correct

For years treaclefingers you have attacked numerous members, including me (I forgave), for no reason whatsoever. If you have a personal or health issue then it is recommended to seek help. One side or another cannot be judged or faulted

Hopefully, this helps. Be Happpy

Ha ha!

I don't recall our quarrel. Mercifully I don't have any personal or health issues, though I'm not sure your note would help. Carry on!

Date: September 16, 2020 18:11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-16 20:48 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 17, 2020 00:31

lurv it when treacle slings crap at me ....

He's a funny cat and its good for the reflexes dodgin' it ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: September 17, 2020 04:10

I really do not like Scarlet . All the Rage and Criss Cross are so much better.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 18, 2020 10:28

Some streaming numbers for "Scarlet" today in Spotify.

Scarlet 2,1 m
The War On Drugs Remix 1,0 m
Single Mix 0,5 m
The Killers & Jacques Lu Cont Remix 0,1 m

That's together nice 3,7 million streams. By contrast, earlier released "Criss Cross" has 1,8 m streams and after just two weeks "All The Rage" 1,2 m. The hit of this year is, of course, "Living In A Ghost Town" with its 19,1 m streams.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 10:52 by Doxa.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 18, 2020 15:36

I wonder how above mentioned songs are doing on Apple I tunes, Pandora and Amazon Music Services.

Note: Apple I-Tunes service now has GHS Reissue thumbs up

I spend $10 a month on Apple and $20 for Sirius XM - Routine entertainment costs, including U-verse, exceed the amount of my electricity and utility bills.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 16:01 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 18, 2020 15:58

still love it...still watch the Mescal video....unreal...loving Nicky + Mick 100 Years Ago...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 18, 2020 16:24

Chris Fountain
I wonder how above mentioned songs are doing on Apple I tunes, Pandora and Amazon Music Services.

That would be interesting to know. Unfortunately at least I don't have access to those statistics. However, I would imagine that they all go along similar lines, since we are talking about quite a big population/streams in question (in any of those services). With that I mean how the popularity of songs go within Stones catalogue or compared to other acts. And as far as I know any of them are not (yet) or much profilied by genre, area, age or things like that, but are listened by 'anyone', and thereby give a quite good picture of 'real' popularity.

However, the issues of accessability, promotion etc. might do cause some variability in numbers. Especially if the whole thing is not there at all (like Spotify is/was boycotted by some artists)... It also could be that some exclusive deals might guide people to use some other services than others. That would pay off for the services in the long run, for example, gathering all the Stones fans to a certain service by paying the band a nice sum of money for that privilegion. For the band the lack of streaming all over the board is compansated by that nice some of money (sounds like a Stones kind of possible scenario...). But I don't know where we are in that sense at the moment.

- Doxa

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 18, 2020 16:55

Chris Fountain

Some statistics can also be found here: [kworb.net] , [kworb.net] . GHS2020 #2 on Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2020/09/04 - [kworb.net] .

Another Apple Music statistics: [Soundcharts.com] - (Trail for free).

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-18 17:15 by Irix.

Date: September 18, 2020 20:49

Rockman
lurv it when treacle slings crap at me ....

He's a funny cat and its good for the reflexes dodgin' it ....

Thanks for the love baby...I know we all can get a bit acerbic from time to time.

Date: September 18, 2020 20:50

Doxa
Some streaming numbers for "Scarlet" today in Spotify.

Scarlet 2,1 m
The War On Drugs Remix 1,0 m
Single Mix 0,5 m
The Killers & Jacques Lu Cont Remix 0,1 m

That's together nice 3,7 million streams. By contrast, earlier released "Criss Cross" has 1,8 m streams and after just two weeks "All The Rage" 1,2 m. The hit of this year is, of course, "Living In A Ghost Town" with its 19,1 m streams.

- Doxa

Interesting stats! While I like LIAGT, I'd rate it behind the other 3 in terms of quality.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 25, 2020 14:25

Time to bump this one. As I said, this one grows on me. Here it is again. Enjoy!
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 26, 2020 16:05

Mescal is just outstanding in this video....not sure what/who the objections are....and this mix is my favorite..

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 26, 2020 20:51

Stoneage
Time to bump this one. As I said, this one grows on me. Here it is again. Enjoy!
[www.youtube.com]

thumbs up

Date: September 27, 2020 15:47

Rip This
Mescal is just outstanding in this video....not sure what/who the objections are....and this mix is my favorite..

smileys with beer

Date: October 14, 2020 09:52

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: October 14, 2020 11:13

Rockman

Mick Jones on guitar with Keith and Page? Never heard that before.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: October 15, 2020 08:43

I really like Keith's backing vocals on Scarlet. There are a couple of lines where he's slightly behind Mick. It just feels like nice, slightly sloppy 70's rock and roll.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 15, 2020 22:25

rollmops
Rockman

Rockandroll,
Mops

This is what it says below the video:

I MEANT MICK TAYLOR

Obviously he didn't do any research about the song.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: October 16, 2020 01:34

GasLightStreet
rollmops
Rockman

Rockandroll,
Mops

I MEANT MICK TAYLOR

That's one of the reasons why I tend to overlook videos like that. I mean, get your facts together before you record and post a video like that. It's rather meaningless blah-blah anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-16 01:35 by retired_dog.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 16, 2020 02:21

Considering all the bonus tracks on the re-releases so far I would put Scarlet in the top tier. A bit funny though that they put a 76' song on a 72' re-release...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 16, 2020 04:17

retired_dog
GasLightStreet
rollmops
Rockman

Rockandroll,
Mops

I MEANT MICK TAYLOR

That's one of the reasons why I tend to overlook videos like that. I mean, get your facts together before you record and post a video like that. It's rather meaningless blah-blah anyway.

Absolutely. Not only did he guess Mick Jones in place of Mick Taylor he was wrong regardless since Taylor isn't on the track. Google - it's just a few taps away.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 16, 2020 06:24

This and All the Rage are just not very good songs. I am surprised the Stones put so much promo behind this track, it just does not warrant it. It's filler at best to my ears. Of the three "new" songs, only Criss Cross does anything at all for me, and that isn't exactly a barn burner either.

To me the demos and alt mixes make the extra disk worthwhile.

jb

Date: October 16, 2020 07:09

awwwww no Scarlet is a gem ......
loose bolted not nailed down like
it's gonna fly ta pieces at any moment .... Stones garage rock ... PLAY LOUD

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 16, 2020 07:22

Stoneage
Considering all the bonus tracks on the re-releases so far I would put Scarlet in the top tier. A bit funny though that they put a 76' song on a 72' re-release...

I think it was recorded in '74, but no matter...it's a forgotten leftover that was shelved, had gathered dust for nearly 50 years, and has now become filler...

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: October 16, 2020 08:50

Rockman, maybe it will grow on me. If its recommended by you then there is probably something I have missed there. Truth is I have only really listened to it all the way through three or four times so far.

jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 45 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home