Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 11, 2020 18:47

DandelionPowderman
It must be tiresome to have a favourite band, immensely hating one of the members...

Anyone else who saw Bill's alleged statement of 50 percent of "Life" being fiction?

No. It's just his usual fake news and hatred spewing garbage.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 11, 2020 19:30

Gas light street,try to redd something than spit out shit to me you,re clovn.
Should be very strange if im the only one who have read Bill Wyman,s words about Life.And if someone say i hate Keith Richards,well they should mind their words.Usually it,s Jaggers antipeople who has started thei,r ovn hategroups here.
And you,specially you Gas Light Street should shot your mouth about that.
Well now im waiting for this group to comments here agai

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 11, 2020 20:02

Here, I will help you Harlem Shuffle. Here is a link supporting your statement. I don't know if this source is trustworthy though. Probably not.

[www.contactmusic.com]

Date: September 12, 2020 04:02

harlem shuffle
Gas light street,try to redd something than spit out shit to me you,re clovn.
Should be very strange if im the only one who have read Bill Wyman,s words about Life.And if someone say i hate Keith Richards,well they should mind their words.Usually it,s Jaggers antipeople who has started thei,r ovn hategroups here.
And you,specially you Gas Light Street should shot your mouth about that.
Well now im waiting for this group to comments here agai

Can someone decipher that gibberish?

As usual, makes zero sense.

Date: September 12, 2020 11:24

Zero sense has to be your new name Gas light clown

Date: September 12, 2020 11:32

Please stop this unnecessary hostile behaviour. Take a deep breath and put on some Stones music. We're in this together.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 12, 2020 11:47

yeah easy boys ... life's too short ....

Chuck on All The Rage and work ya self out ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 12, 2020 12:29

DandelionPowderman
Please stop this unnecessary hostile behaviour. Take a deep breath and put on some Stones music. We're in this together.

thumbs up

- Doxa

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 12, 2020 12:43

Imo this is the best version:
[youtu.be]

Date: September 12, 2020 13:24

It would be interesting though too see if Wyman really said something in that order. According to the secondary source I found he said to Mojo Magazine:
"Never let the truth spoil a good story! I believe about half of it - and that's pushing it!". Now, the hard part would be to find the initial source, Mojo Magazine,
and find out whether this quote existed or not. Whether it's fake news or not.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 12, 2020 17:24

I like the one with Mescal in it.....which mix is that?...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-12 18:42 by Rip This.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 12, 2020 17:39

If it was Mezcal it had to be some type of Tequila mix smiling smiley

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 02:57

I could see why BV pulls his hair out trying to manage his site on different occasions. Peace and prosperity for everyone I say... thumbs up

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 13, 2020 11:55

harlem shuffle
Well Doxa you are probably correct about these things,but it,s not exactly something new when Keith speaks bullshit about Mick Jagger.He has done that the last 45 years,maybee longer.So his book Life doesn,t matter at all.As Bill Wyman said about the book,more than 50% is fiction

I personally didn't like what Keith talked about Mick in LIFE and I think the book caused some unnecessary and emberassing public talk (and, of course, true tension between Mick and Keith), but, however, I lean on to think now that it wasn't such a big threat to upcoming Stones activities as it was at the time speculated (including me). There was so much at stake in the upcoming 50th Anniversary and I think Jagger is so strong professional that one book couldn't stop him. I think the real obstacles were like, is there a will and ability among the group to perform again? Is Keith up to the task? Is he (Mick) up to the task (he hadn't performed live for many years)? Etc.

- Doxa

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: September 13, 2020 15:17

Rip This
I like the one with Mescal in it.....which mix is that?...

Yes, the audio of the video-version is my favourite as well. (Although I hate the video)

It´s so very different to the physical release...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 15:18 by deardoctor.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2020 15:46

Stoneage
It's good. Really good. There more I hear it the more I realize that. I like the guitars interchanging. If only they had recruited a guitarist of Page's quality.
I think Ronnie complemented Keith very well. But he didn't add anything to the mix. Like Taylor did, or someone like Page would have. Just thinking aloud...

yeah the guitars are the song, just fantastic.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2020 15:57

DandelionPowderman

When you pour gasoline on someone and light a match, standing back and asking then to 'cool down' seems disingenuous.

"It must be tiresome to have a favourite band, immensely hating one of the members...

Anyone else who saw Bill's alleged statement of 50 percent of "Life" being fiction?"

I have noticed you haven't apologized for that, particularly as the source for his opinion (whether you agree with it or not) was produced.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 13, 2020 16:17

DandelionPowderman is correct

For years treaclefingers you have attacked numerous members, including me (I forgave), for no reason whatsoever. If you have a personal or health issue then it is recommended to seek help. One side or another cannot be judged or faulted

Hopefully, this helps. Be Happpy

Date: September 13, 2020 18:26

harlem shuffle
Zero sense has to be your new name Gas light clown

Huh.

You calling me zero sense and a clown.

I get being bored. But being a troll... that requires some effort and some kind of illogical interest.

harlem shuffle
It,s not a very good somg,the more i listen to it,It,s not going nowhere.Just a halffinished track who needs a lot of work.I just pass of this one,totally uniterrested

Yet... here you are, very interested.

harlem shuffle
Only thing is good about Scarlet is Mick Jagger,rest is totally crap

There ere you are even more interested.

harlem shuffle
Totally crap melody with nothing on.Only Keithfan can like this one.Just rubbisch

In fact, your interest has only gotten more so.

harlem shuffle
Still think this song is not a finished song.They should have done much more work in it.This could have been a really great song,but it sounds a bit messy And halffinished.

Yet you keep listening to it. You obviously like it.

But here is where your hypocritical trolling goes off the rails: you're unable to understand criticism or logic.

harlem shuffle
Many of the posters here has never be Stonesfans,just Keithfans.It is always Jagger to blame/hate.10-15 last years it,s always antijaggers posting all the time.

I guess keep going. Say what you want. But stop getting your little feelings hurt when someone doesn't like something Mick does - you sound like the little kid who's taking his ball and going home. Maybe grow some thick skin. Like Mick has.

Date: September 13, 2020 20:15

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman

When you pour gasoline on someone and light a match, standing back and asking then to 'cool down' seems disingenuous.

"It must be tiresome to have a favourite band, immensely hating one of the members...

Anyone else who saw Bill's alleged statement of 50 percent of "Life" being fiction?"

I have noticed you haven't apologized for that, particularly as the source for his opinion (whether you agree with it or not) was produced.

He has spewed hatred here for a long time. Not opinions, just pure hatred. Always targeting a specific individual. Clearly against the rules of this board.

Why should I apologise for asking? He didn't name a source, and he refused to provide it.

There is no justifiable reason for talking to others the way he does, imo. I have invited him to discuss in a normal manner numerous times.

You know all of this perfectly well, of course.

It's nice that you have your friend's back, though.

Date: September 13, 2020 20:19

It,s easy to call you a clownGas light clown.Thinking about all attacks from you to me over many months.Still i think you have to read more what i write.Have i been kind to Mick Jaggers solostuff?No i haven,t,because the only soloalbum from Jagger who is a good album is Wandering Spirit,rest is not of intrest for me.Same i think of Richards solo,only the last one is okay for me,rest soso.About Scarlet in my opinion,still missing something.And why is it so difficult to answer about what i write about Richards book Life?Where is all youre friends And hangarounds to attack me again.And if you are not a covard,present you with you,re fully name like me.

Date: September 13, 2020 21:56

Is it possible, to stop all that personal offendings?
Otherwise please do it in an own threat.
Or maybe you meet somewhere, drink some beer (together, not alone at night in front of your computer) and realize, that you are all nice guys with same interests in a certain band.
Thank you

Date: September 13, 2020 22:45

deardoctor
Or maybe you meet somewhere, drink some beer (together, not alone at night in front of your computer) and realize, that you are all nice guys with same interests in a certain band.
Thank you

I was simply pointing out his hypocrisy. I do not understand his hatred or for that matter why he even bothers being on this place. There are plenty of threads that don't interest me so there's no need to dump in them. If you don't like a song, say it if inclined, and be done with it. Or maybe actually discuss why or what it is that is not liked, there's always something that could be learned regardless of a point of view. But there's no need to act/talk that way.

Date: September 13, 2020 22:46

Aren't clowns getting a bad rap these days? What have they ever done to deserve that? Cheered people up?

Date: September 14, 2020 00:31

GasLightStreet
deardoctor
Thank you

I was simply pointing out his hypocrisy. I do not understand his hatred or for that matter why he even bothers being on this place. There are plenty of threads that don't interest me so there's no need to dump in them. If you don't like a song, say it if inclined, and be done with it. Or maybe actually discuss why or what it is that is not liked, there's always something that could be learned regardless of a point of view. But there's no need to act/talk that way.

Yes, these posts are amazing.
But now there are at least four people fighting each other. For what?
Maybe better not to react to all stupid statements.
If people want to be negative - no reason to join them.
Be save, greez :-)

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 14, 2020 01:15

Life's too short. The way I see it, regardless of race, gender, politics, age, what kind of music you like....whatever. Man, if we were all the same, this world would be a pretty boring place. Learn to accept and agree to disagree and LOVE ONE ANOTHER!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-14 01:17 by shadooby.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 14, 2020 13:40

DandelionPowderman
Topi
I thought I read Keith practically lived at the guesthouse of the Wick that year, so he probably didn't have to make any phone calls. (Except to invite Jimmy Page et al. , haha!)

Switzerland can't have been the first recording of Scarlet if what's said in the various interviews and the Nico Zentgraf website entries is true. (BTW, who exactly, in this thread, has claimed Switzerland was the first session?)

Whether any previous work (before Oct 4) was done, is, of course, anyone's guess. But it doesn't really seem that way if you believe what Keith and Jimmy Page say in the interviews: that is started out as a jam/demo session.

(However, when you think about it, would you really just invite Jimmy Page and the others into a studio if you have nothing to work on? I don't know. I'm not a musician.)

This Jagger quote is interesting (and partially contradicting):

"“I remember first jamming this with Jimmy and Keith in Ronnie’s basement studio. It was a great session.” – Mick Jagger"

I think Jimmy is the one to be trusted here. If so, Mick "jammed" with the others in Island Studiis the day after the session at the Wick.

I remember lots of things from 25 years ago that didn't happen.

Mathijs

Date: September 14, 2020 15:49

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman
Topi
I thought I read Keith practically lived at the guesthouse of the Wick that year, so he probably didn't have to make any phone calls. (Except to invite Jimmy Page et al. , haha!)

Switzerland can't have been the first recording of Scarlet if what's said in the various interviews and the Nico Zentgraf website entries is true. (BTW, who exactly, in this thread, has claimed Switzerland was the first session?)

Whether any previous work (before Oct 4) was done, is, of course, anyone's guess. But it doesn't really seem that way if you believe what Keith and Jimmy Page say in the interviews: that is started out as a jam/demo session.

(However, when you think about it, would you really just invite Jimmy Page and the others into a studio if you have nothing to work on? I don't know. I'm not a musician.)

This Jagger quote is interesting (and partially contradicting):

"“I remember first jamming this with Jimmy and Keith in Ronnie’s basement studio. It was a great session.” – Mick Jagger"

I think Jimmy is the one to be trusted here. If so, Mick "jammed" with the others in Island Studios the day after the session at the Wick.

I remember lots of things from 25 years ago that didn't happen.

Mathijs

Imagine if it was 46 years ago...

Date: September 14, 2020 18:47

I have my ex-girlfriend's (extremely old) dog, Scarlett (although she never told me I'm guessing it's from GONE WITH THE WIND since they lived in Mississippi for decades).

I keep singing her name and then whatever has happened at the moment, Why you keep pissing on the floor? etc.

Date: September 15, 2020 00:39

43 or so pages that I didn't read. But I found this, sorry if it has been posted before,

Recent intervieuw with Keith.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 44 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home