Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 41 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 28, 2020 18:05

glimmertwin1

Will there be a 12" Maxi of scarlet ????

Maybe someone could do a special Mix (Best of) out of these 4 versions: [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] , [www.Qobuz.com] ....

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: August 28, 2020 18:43

Instead of all the remixes of Scarlet I would prefer to listen to any outtakes of
Scarlet from 1974.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 28, 2020 18:55

I think the Killers mix is great, although Keith probably won't like it because of the synthesizers and electronic sounds. Was Keith involved in these mixes?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:03

Please make it stop.

jb

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:04

Scarlett

Criss Cross

Atll the Rage

These songs don't even fit into the theme of Goat's Head Soup! Really absurd. Songs don't even measure up to any song off of VooDoo Lounge, for example.

Close down that new store

Do not release these songs

Try something else.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:05

OpenG
Instead of all the remixes of Scarlet I would prefer to listen to any outtakes of
Scarlet from 1974.

I’d like to hear Scarlet in it’s absolute original form.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:15

Big Al
OpenG
Scarlet from 1974.

I’d like to hear Scarlet in it’s absolute original form.

Well, they could release this as a bootleg-style limited, numbered white label 7" or 12" vinyl for "collector's only"... just a thought...

Date: August 28, 2020 19:18

Taylor1
I think the Killers mix is great, although Keith probably won't like it because of the synthesizers and electronic sounds. Was Keith involved in these mixes?

I think some people here would be surprised to learn what Keith actually likes or dislikes!

Date: August 28, 2020 19:23

What strikes me is that the Killers remix modernizes this vintage recording to a point where it could easily fit on a "new album" alongside "Living In A Ghost Town"...

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:36

KRiffhard
Plundered my soul
Pass the Wine
I'm not signfying
Criss Cross
Scarlet
All the rage
Living in the heart of love
Separately

...a classic album!!!

plus "You should have seen her ass" , "Fast talking" and "Drift away"

Posted by: CJFP ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:37

Loved it!

I also loved the original Scarlet they released earlier this year! Not so much the WOD mix, but that's fine.

I'm just happy they're releasing stuff!!! The amount of new Stones material this year is something good and something we can look forward to while we're all locked up!

So y'all should quit complaining and just be happy that we're getting something!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:40

KRiffhard
I really like this remix smileys with beer
[youtu.be]

I like the intro, and the rest of the tune flows much better than the hyper/sped up sounding War remix.
After reading about Jacques Lu Cont aka Stuart Price and his involvement with this (never heard of him previously), thought it might be a fast techno/throbbing dance club dj type remix, but it's none of that.
Haven't listened to the original or single version (and the BBC version?) in a long time, but seems this version is actually the most complete and proper sounding version.
Not saying it's GREAT, or that I LOVE IT, but had this been the first version released I might have had a more positive opinion in general...maybe. A shame it's only available as an extra on the digital version.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 28, 2020 19:54

Taylor1
Was Keith involved in these mixes?

From the base of 'War on Drugs' interview, Keith wasn't involved at all, it was all Mick's business (Mick talks in terms of just him doing this and that). When asked what Keith might think of the re-mixes, Mick just smilingly answers 'you should ask him'.

- Doxa

Date: August 28, 2020 20:09

retired_dog
What strikes me is that the Killers remix modernizes this vintage recording to a point where it could easily fit on a "new album" alongside "Living In A Ghost Town"...

I made a similar observation with War on Drugs re-mix, and, yeah, the same fits here.

I actually like more these two modernized versions. There is something in that vintage version, its messiness, bad drum sounds and way too busy rhythm track that somehow bothers me. By mid-70's Stones standards, it is not that well produced, no matter how authentic representation it is from the era. So I have welcomed these new polished versions, which I think show better the potential the track has. It is a good track, no matter the context!

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 20:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 28, 2020 20:15

Am I the only one who expected to hear Brandon Flowers duetting with Mick? A bit disappointed, really!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 28, 2020 20:51

retired_dog
Taylor1

I think some people here would be surprised to learn what Keith actually likes or dislikes!

Lol ...I remember being a bit shocked that he threw Van Morrison albums in the pool at Nellcote

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 20:51 by exhpart.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 28, 2020 21:11

You would think he’d like Morrison since his music has a lot of r&b in it.Jagger seems to have been influenced by him on songs like Winter

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 28, 2020 21:39

At this point, it would be way cool of them to release the tracks and let fans do remixes of Scarlet and see what we all come up with. Might as well keep it going

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 28, 2020 22:15

quietbeatle

At this point, it would be way cool of them to release the tracks and let fans do remixes of Scarlet and see what we all come up with.

Remix-Contest: that's what other Artists already do - they provide the Multi-Tracks of a song for download to the fans, then a competition will be started and the winner of the Remixes will be published on Social Media and/or get a price (e.g. an Artist-signed Deluxe Box-set).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 22:25 by Irix.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: August 28, 2020 22:38

jbwelda
Please make it stop.

jb

Yes!

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: August 29, 2020 00:07

C'mon...it would be most instructive (and enjoyable) to just release the original raw track.

High or Low, here we go.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 29, 2020 00:19

Mick claims they cant find them ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 29, 2020 12:27

exhpart
retired_dog
Taylor1

Lol ...I remember being a bit shocked that he threw Van Morrison albums in the pool at Nellcote

There wasn't a pool at Nellcote, that was installed later after Keith had left.

Mathijs

Date: August 29, 2020 13:50

Mathijs, what's your opinion about "Scarlet" in its many reincarnations? I can't recall seeing your take yet.

- Doxa

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 29, 2020 14:52

Killers remix :starting at 1:30, with the violins there is an addition of "bell sound or shime sound" in the background. I like it. That sound(very Spector) almost always gets me. I wish the Killers had recorded it a little louder.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Amyl Nitrate ()
Date: August 29, 2020 16:45

Doxa
Quietbeatle, thank you so much! That was a very nice interview, Mick was really relaxed and in a good mood. And informative, too. I don't have any reasons to doubt his words about the origin of vocals. It sounds that there've been another session for the song, in where at least Charlie involved, but the tapes were lost. It really starts to look like that the story of "Scarlet" is more complex than just the Keith/Page session.

- Doxa

Perhaps Mick was thinking of the "Scarlet III" session in Brazil, although Charlie isn't listed for that one either; see the first entry for 1976 on The Complete Works site: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 29, 2020 17:08

glimmerman
C'mon...it would be most instructive (and enjoyable) to just release the original raw track.

High or Low, here we go.

"High or Low"...another mysterious song!!!
Recorded during BTB sessions, then re-recorded by Keith and Sheryl Crow in NY in April 2001.

Jan. 10, 2002: Keith collaboration with Sheryl Crow
"Keith and Sheryl Crow have been working on a song called "High or Low", she told reporters backstage at the American Music Awards in Los Angeles last night. It is still a work-in-progress and it won't be on her album, which comes out in a few months"

Date: August 29, 2020 17:24

Amyl Nitrate
Doxa
Quietbeatle, thank you so much! That was a very nice interview, Mick was really relaxed and in a good mood. And informative, too. I don't have any reasons to doubt his words about the origin of vocals. It sounds that there've been another session for the song, in where at least Charlie involved, but the tapes were lost. It really starts to look like that the story of "Scarlet" is more complex than just the Keith/Page session.

- Doxa

Perhaps Mick was thinking of the "Scarlet III" session in Brazil, although Charlie isn't listed for that one either; see the first entry for 1976 on The Complete Works site: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Yeah, a good observation! Probably that session is the 'missing link' in the story, and Mick's vocals derive from there.

- Doxa

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 29, 2020 22:30

Also read on www.nzentgraf.de

" year 1974 . november 23rd Keith Richards. Berne Switzerland,Sinus Studios.
Sound engineer : Peter Mac Taggart Overdubbs sessions
_Scarlet II (MJ/KR) unverified
Musician KR ( gtr. voc,org, p)

Just read it on Nico's website. Sorry if it has already been brought up.

Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: August 29, 2020 23:27

10th January 1976: MICK JAGGER. Rio De Janeiro, Brazil, Phonogram Studios.

Producer: MJ.
- Scarlet III (MJ/KR) -unverified

Line-up: MJ (gtr, voc)/Dadi (bass)/Antonio Adolfo (p)/Paulinho Braga (dr)/Luiz
Cláudio (gtr)/Neném (cuíca; a percussion instrument)/Marçal (tamb)/
Eliseu (tamb)/Lula (surdo; a percussion instrument)/Risadinha (pandeiro;
a percussion instrument)/Canegal (ganzá; a percussion instrument)

Note: MJ probably either having a go on the song written by KR in 1974 (see
741004A) or putting overdubs onto the track

Maybe Mick's vocals on the song come from this session? Crazy how nobody is really able to decipher what year his vocals are from.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 41 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home