Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 27, 2020 06:25

quietbeatle
Just click the ''radio'' tab in itunes. The interview is there. And as I thought but kept to myself, it is an original vocal. Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then? Obviously they worked on it again with Mick there. And pry Stu. Anyways in this new interview Mick specifically says the only vocals he added were at the end of the song, because the original had no vox at the end. And he added maracas. They also say the WOD has real drums and real bass so yeah. There ya go.

From georgelicks:

georgelicks
100% of Mick's vocals are from 2020, Keith's backing vocals are from 1974, which were the original and only vocals in the song back then.

If what Mick now says is true, that make quite a difference. But Mick has also said he has little to no memory of the sessions, and that it was never intended as a Stones track to begin with.
So since he's never said anything like the new quote in previous interviews, wondering when all of these newfound details dawned on him? Did someone fill him in?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2020 06:49

Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then?

Yeah now thats chucks the cat amongst the pigeons ..... HUHhaahhhhhaaaaa

Good point quietbeatle ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 27, 2020 07:34

Hairball
quietbeatle
Just click the ''radio'' tab in itunes. The interview is there. And as I thought but kept to myself, it is an original vocal. Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then? Obviously they worked on it again with Mick there. And pry Stu. Anyways in this new interview Mick specifically says the only vocals he added were at the end of the song, because the original had no vox at the end. And he added maracas. They also say the WOD has real drums and real bass so yeah. There ya go.

From georgelicks:

georgelicks
100% of Mick's vocals are from 2020, Keith's backing vocals are from 1974, which were the original and only vocals in the song back then.

If what Mick now says is true, that make quite a difference. But Mick has also said he has little to no memory of the sessions, and that it was never intended as a Stones track to begin with.
So since he's never said anything like the new quote in previous interviews, wondering when all of these newfound details dawned on him? Did someone fill him in?
Not true. On the BBC interview he said he just added maracas

Date: August 27, 2020 07:36

Rockman
Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then?

Yeah now thats chucks the cat amongst the pigeons ..... HUHhaahhhhhaaaaa

Good point quietbeatle ......
Cheers. Just makes sense now don't it?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 27, 2020 07:39

Am I the only one who’d be surprised if Keith likes the War on Drugs remix? It’s very ‘Mick’

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 27, 2020 07:41

Well quiet .... I'm on the floor laughin'

ROCKMAN

Date: August 27, 2020 07:52

quietbeatle
Hairball
quietbeatle

From georgelicks:

georgelicks

Not true. On the BBC interview he said he just added maracas

And now Mick's also saying he added vocals to the ending only? And that most of his vocals are original vintage 1974?
Odd that he wouldn't have mentioned that previously in the BBC or other interviews.

Maybe georgelicks had some misinformation, but he's usually very knowledgeable from an insiders perspective.

Date: August 27, 2020 07:58

Big Al
Am I the only one who’d be surprised if Keith likes the War on Drugs remix? It’s very ‘Mick’

No you're not the only one. I mentioned the same thing, that Keith is probably rolling his eyes and/or shaking his head laughing at the remix.
Needless to say, my post raised quite a ruckus....

Date: August 27, 2020 08:03

It's not like he's done a ton of interviews about this. And on the BBC when he could get a word in over that blabber mouth dj, if you listen closely he does say ''I added maracas, gotta have maracas!" Also, why would he lie? This is the first and only interview where he was asked flat out. Don't know who this young guy is that did the interview but he was really good. And yes, he said there were no vocals at the end of the song so he had to put something there. The interviewer even exclaimed to Mick how even those added vocals sound vintage ''Mick." and Mick said he just tries to put that attitude back in his head of being that age and the times. Anyways. I believe him. I'm capturing a copy of the interview if no one else does I will upload it if that is allowed.

Date: August 27, 2020 08:18

I did hear the snippet with the interviewer exclaiming Micks new vocals sound vintage, and then Mick says "well not exactly" and has to act it out like he's that age again.
And I wasn't insinuating Mick is lying (why would he?)- just thought it odd he hadn't given all of those details before. Most here were basing our knowledge on the words of georgelicks who again is usually very knowledgeable from an insiders perspective. When you asked "Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then"?, I posted the quote from georgelicks in response to your question.
Whether it's factual or not seems uncertain now given the new quotes from Mick, but haven't heard the full interview either so will be interesting to read or hear exactly what he was talking about.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 08:32 by Hairball.

Date: August 27, 2020 08:44

Keith could have added lead vocals as well back then.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 27, 2020 08:58

Hairball
Big Al

No you're not the only one. I mentioned the same thing, that Keith is probably rolling his eyes and/or shaking his head laughing at the remix.

Now out of the warm & tender realms of "inside Keith" fantasies and back into the cold wind of reality - fact is that Keith gave "thumbs up" for Scarlet in whatever incarnation. Or Mick just found and used the old wildcard Keith gave him years ago in exchange for "Infamy"...

...and concerning the ruckus you caused - isn't that exactly the attention you seek? You actually seem to be proud about it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 09:20 by retired_dog.

Date: August 27, 2020 09:21

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-28 19:29 by Hairball.

Date: August 27, 2020 09:35

retired_dog
Hairball
Big Al

Now out of the warm & tender realms of "inside Keith" fantasies and back into the cold wind of reality - fact is that Keith gave "thumbs up" for Scarlet in whatever incarnation. Or Mick just found and used the old wildcard Keith gave him years ago in exchange for "Infamy"...

...and concerning the ruckus you caused - isn't that exactly the attention you seek? You actually seem to be proud about it...

Just now seeing your edit, and was more surprised than anything else that a simple post would cause so much strife - I almost felt bad for posting, but clearly I'm not the only one who had that thought.
As for Infamy, agree it was a bad one...easily amongst Keith's worst.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 27, 2020 12:03

quietbeatle

You mean here [music.apple.com]

Doesn't work for me. Have you been able to record it ?

As for the new vocals only being at the end, yeah, why would Mick friggin' lie about it ? Georgelicks is indeed very knowledgeable thanks to his insider contacts at Universal but he's been wrong before and I've heard through the grapevine that an old "circulating" (i.e. "INNER CIRCLE°) version of Scarlet did have Mick vocals so that would "corroborate" Mick's "story" !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: August 27, 2020 12:19

<Not sure how all you guys can think keith did a harmony vocal without a lead vocal back then?>

How do you know he didn't do the lead vocals as well?

Mick (and Keith) might have thought they were rough-sounding, and felt the need to add new vocals.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 27, 2020 12:46

I respect Georgelicks a helluva lot, but even though he stated the thing about new vocals as a matter of fact, I didn't get the impression that he is talking in terms of some 'inside knowledge' but more like what his ears say. Mine says the same. However, he could correct me if I am wrong.

But it says something about the quality of Mick's supposedly new vocals that this issue still pops up... It is no evident by any means, which is amazing...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 12:48 by Doxa.

Date: August 27, 2020 13:01

quietbeatle
It's not like he's done a ton of interviews about this. And on the BBC when he could get a word in over that blabber mouth dj, if you listen closely he does say ''I added maracas, gotta have maracas!" Also, why would he lie? This is the first and only interview where he was asked flat out. Don't know who this young guy is that did the interview but he was really good. And yes, he said there were no vocals at the end of the song so he had to put something there. The interviewer even exclaimed to Mick how even those added vocals sound vintage ''Mick." and Mick said he just tries to put that attitude back in his head of being that age and the times. Anyways. I believe him. I'm capturing a copy of the interview if no one else does I will upload it if that is allowed.

This is very interesting. What Mick says sounds applying to "Criss Cross" very well, but not to "Scarlet" so easily. But what do I know? Who knows if the story of "Scarlet" is not that simple that we have generally assumed.

- Doxa

Date: August 27, 2020 13:19

DandelionPowderman
jiggysawdust
It’s too bad they don’t hire someone to remix using a sample/loop of Charlie drums and having Bill add a bassline from home, actually making it a Rolling Stones track.

I haven't heard any complaints about Happy - a song with only two Stones-members...

Neither about "Play With Fire" or "It's Only Rock'n'Roll"... You just put Mick and Keith there, and if those guys dominate, as they so easily do, the outcome is Rolling Stones by nature...

I can see that here even the psychological notion of "intention" is brought to downplay the track. That it was not "intented" as a Stones track, so it can't be one. Bloody hell, that goes to deep metaphysical bullshit.... What next? Tarot cards and astrology? To distinguish a 'real' Stones track from pseudo ones...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 13:25 by Doxa.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: August 27, 2020 14:27

GasLightStreet
Not sure why such a stink has been made about a funky little thrown off track.

That aside, it's made me like Living In A Ghost Town even more for some reason.

Agree 100%, much a fuss over hardly nothing... And I like Scarlet, it gets along fine for me.

I did the same thing, gravitate more to LIAGT too. Any new tuneage from this band, I guess is a bonus for me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 27, 2020 15:00

Scarlet (feat. Jimmy Page) - The Killers & Jacques Lu Cont Remix

Available from Midnight:

[www.YouTube.com] · [www.Amazon.com] · [Music.Apple.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 15:05 by Irix.

Date: August 27, 2020 15:15

gotdablouse
quietbeatle

As for the new vocals only being at the end, yeah, why would Mick friggin' lie about it ? Georgelicks is indeed very knowledgeable thanks to his insider contacts at Universal but he's been wrong before and I've heard through the grapevine that an old "circulating" (i.e. "INNER CIRCLE°) version of Scarlet did have Mick vocals so that would "corroborate" Mick's "story" !
No I'm not an Apple Music subscriber. But I use iTunes. Radio is free so in my itunes I just click the radio tab. It's under ''interviews" Mick also says in the interview Criss Cross is untouched. I can record the screen so will do today

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 27, 2020 15:20

gotdablouse

You mean here [music.apple.com] Doesn't work for me.

Still doesn't work for me too, seems to depend on the country. The Interview is not available in iTunes Germany, but when I switched in iTunes to the UK-Store, it's there and works (15m:24s).

Date: August 27, 2020 15:37

Thanks, same problem in iTunes FRA, I tried switching to UK but it pops up an error, I give up, hopefully someone will be able to record it, TIA !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: August 27, 2020 15:52

quietbeatle
gotdablouse
quietbeatle

No I'm not an Apple Music subscriber. But I use iTunes. Radio is free so in my itunes I just click the radio tab. It's under ''interviews" Mick also says in the interview Criss Cross is untouched. I can record the screen so will do today

Untouched? Wow ...in which case it should have been released years ago. Don't suppose Mick's got any reason to lie?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-27 20:11 by exhpart.

Date: August 27, 2020 16:02

exhpart
quietbeatle
gotdablouse
quietbeatle

Untouched? Wow ...in which case it should have been released years ago. Don't suppose Micks got any resign to lie
he says he doesn't know why it wasn't on it, that it should have been since the album was only ten tracks and laughed at that. I have it captured will put up on utube i guess and post a link here in this thread

Date: August 27, 2020 16:19

Looking forward to that. You can also post it on www.wetransfer.com - thanks !

--------------

Date: August 27, 2020 16:26

I put up as unlisted video on utube. HD version is still processing but here you go:
[www.youtube.com]

cheers

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 27, 2020 16:28

Still can't access the interview..
Here's an article with a few quotes from it though..

Mick Jagger is having fun working on new Rolling Stones music during lockdown
By Scott Munro
Mick Jagger says he’s been working on material the band laid down before lockdown kicked in and adds: “We’ll get together as soon as we can”

"Mick Jagger says he’s been working on new Rolling Stones material during lockdown.

Jagger was a guest on last night’s Apple Music Hits with host Matt Wilkinson, with the pair also joined by Adam Granduciel from The War On Drugs, who recently remixed the Stones track Scarlet featuring Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page.

Asked what his plans were for the remainder of the year, Jagger replied: “I’m working on music. The Stones were in the studio and got some tracks that we hadn’t finished, so I’ve been trying to finish those – doing the vocals and some other parts.

“I’ve been writing some new songs, but it’s been a bit difficult because we haven’t really felt like we could get together in the same room since March.

“We were supposed to get together and record, but it seems still that we’re in this kind of limbo… an unknown situation where every week is a different thing that happens.”

Jagger added: “I’m just trying to work as hard as I can on new songs, make good demos and have fun and enjoy myself. I speak to the rest of the band and I’m sure we’ll get together as soon as we can.”

Jagger was also asked if, in light of the release of Scarlet and Criss Cross from the upcoming Goats Head Soup remaster, there were any other surprises in the vaults.

The vocalist replied: “Probably. I mean, sometimes there are really good things. Quite often those songs are just not finished, they're half done. So when the album's done, you've got enough stuff and we just leave it.

"You record more than you put out and then you have things that aren't really finished. They tend to get left by the wayside because there's no vocals or there's something missing, or that, at the time, you don't like them for whatever reasons.

“For instance, Criss Cross was basically finished. I don't know why we didn't put it on an album with only 10 tracks on it!”

Goats Head Soup will officially launch on September 4 on various formats, including 4CD and vinyl box set editions.

Meanwhile, the Stones are preparing to open the doors to their flagship store in London. It'll be situated at 9 Carnaby Street in the Soho area of the city, with fans able to walk in or shop online from September 9."
[www.loudersound.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 27, 2020 16:29

quietbeatle
I put up as unlisted video on utube. HD version is still processing but here you go:
[www.youtube.com]

cheers

smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3334353637383940414243...LastNext
Current Page: 38 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home