Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 9, 2020 01:40

Yeah Keef shoulda had Michael Bublé
cut the vocals then got Buckethead into do guitar ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 9, 2020 09:12

MisterDDDD
wonderboy
I know this is probably sacrilege, but what if they had given this track to a young rock and roll singer. A session man, so to speak.
Mick is 75, his voice doesn't have the same quality and he's mostly doing mannerisms now.

The first cut had most all of us diehards wondering which parts where the young Mick and which were the old.
Turned out it was all "old" Mick.. winking smiley

So, no.. I don't think the vocalist was the issue cool smiley

I agree - Scarlet should've got the same treatment as It's Only Rock'n'Roll by then, rewritten, cleaned up, made a real Stones song.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 10, 2020 17:35

I love Scarlet

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: August 10, 2020 18:20

tumbled
I love Scarlet

It defnitely rocks!!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 10, 2020 21:26

Anyone knows what this is about?

[twitter.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 10, 2020 21:28

Hmmm.. plot thickens. Looks like perhaps a different version (??)

Also- to resent "war on drugs" as a band name, remix name, or whatever else because of any political war on drugs is.. lame winking smiley
The post does clear up whether the band WOD was associated with the name, and it is, as the Stones tag them in it.

The Rolling Stones
RollingStones:

THE ROLLING STONES x THE WAR ON DRUGS x COMING FRIDAY

@TheWarOnDrugs #Scarlet #GoatsHeadSoup2020

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 21:31 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 10, 2020 21:35

Koen

Anyone knows what this is about?

A Remix - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 10, 2020 21:44

Just listened to couple of their songs, especially like "Baby Missles". Could be interesting..there is an effort being made to blend old and new.

All the timings are up on ITunes. All The Rage at 4:11, the WOD Scarlet at 3:48 etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 22:32 by Maindefender.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2020 21:55

Another remix? lol................eye rolling smiley
But I thought the War on Drugs remix was the one used for the Paul Mescal video - New video
Confusing I tell ya - seems they're throwing everything at the wall hoping something sticks...
If they put this much time and effort in to some new music, probably would have had a new album a loooong time ago.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 10, 2020 22:28

A remix made by this band?
[youtu.be]

Date: August 10, 2020 22:30

MisterDDDD
Hmmm.. plot thickens. Looks like perhaps a different version (??)

Also- to resent "war on drugs" as a band name, remix name, or whatever else because of any political war on drugs is.. lame winking smiley
The post does clear up whether the band WOD was associated with the name, and it is, as the Stones tag them in it.

The Rolling Stones
RollingStones:

THE ROLLING STONES x THE WAR ON DRUGS x COMING FRIDAY

@TheWarOnDrugs #Scarlet #GoatsHeadSoup2020

[twitter.com]

thumbs up

Date: August 10, 2020 22:33

Hairball
But I thought the War on Drugs remix was the one used for the Paul Mescal video - New video
Confusing I tell ya - seems they're throwing everything at the wall hoping something sticks...
If they put this much time and effort in to some new music, probably would have had a new album a loooong time ago.

Lol. You're critique would have a LOT more credibility if you hadn't salivated over all the LIAGT mixes. The more the merrier.. all that winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 10, 2020 22:41

Haha, The Stones are so busy releasing new stuff that the grumpy old men here are confused... But I count on them: there is always a way to bitch about them! But be quick, bash while it is hot! grinning smiley

- Doxa

Date: August 10, 2020 22:42

Wasn't familiar with this band War On Drugs, but am real curious/excited to see what this band adds (or doesn't add) to it...

Got a bit of buzz already on Twitter with Jason Isbell retweeting the Stones post seemingly excitedly cool smiley
[twitter.com]

An interview with/about them from CBS (edit.. from 2017).. (no mention of Scarlet)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-10 22:56 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 10, 2020 22:48

One of the best bands arround.

Just listen to ocean between the waves live. Love it. Very dylanesque.

Also love red eyes.

Best youtube concert is from best kept secret. Enjoy!

Date: August 10, 2020 22:56

MisterDDDD
Hairball

Lol. You're critique would have a LOT more credibility if you hadn't salivated over all the LIAGT mixes. The more the merrier.. all that winking smiley

Not sure what your point is as we're talking about two completely different songs.
One I happen to like alot hence the more remixes the merrier, and one I don't like at all hence another remix?
It's like saying I'd like to hear an extended version of Midnight Rambler, but could live without any version of Streets of Love.
Not all songs are equal, and not sure why that's so hard to understand or grasp.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 10, 2020 23:16

MisterDDDD
Wasn't familiar with this band War On Drugs, but am real curious/excited to see what this band adds (or doesn't add) to it...

Got a bit of buzz already on Twitter with Jason Isbell retweeting the Stones post seemingly excitedly cool smiley
[twitter.com]

An interview with/about them from CBS (edit.. from 2017).. (no mention of Scarlet)

I didn't know anything about them either (I know now, thanks to the Stones), but looking forward hearing the result. A real surprise colloboration. Who saw anything like this coming?

- Doxa

Date: August 10, 2020 23:18

KRiffhard
A remix made by this band?
[youtu.be]

Hmmm...reminds me of Kings of Leon and dozens of other generic sounding rock bands from the last decade or so that all sound similar.
Wondering what they could possibly do to enhance Scarlet?

Date: August 10, 2020 23:31

Kings of Leon??

[youtu.be]

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 11, 2020 00:13

Yeah should be great. Like all the remixes over the past twenty or so years. They are all so special.

jb

Date: August 11, 2020 00:44

DandelionPowderman
Kings of Leon??

Yeah, I was referring to the track posted by KRiffhard.

Posted by: quietbeatle ()
Date: August 11, 2020 01:59

the iTunes/video version is 3:48 and this says 3:35? My first impression of the tweet was this is a 7" single out friday. A + B side.

Date: August 11, 2020 02:02

B sides appear to be obsolete for the Stones.

jb

Date: August 11, 2020 03:32

Hairball

Timings don’t match up....(ITunes vs. Paul Mescal vid)

Date: August 11, 2020 03:36

So I read Maindefender as posted just above by quietbeatle.
Evidently that website has misinformation regarding the video and the War on Drugs remix.

*BUT - the first 20 seconds of the Paul Mescal vid is dialogue, and the song itself doesn't start until after that ( [www.youtube.com] ), so the times might be closer than they appear.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-11 03:43 by Hairball.

Date: August 11, 2020 03:51

iTunes: 3:48
Mescal: 3:32 (presong is closer to :17)

Date: August 11, 2020 04:05

I guess that could make it at 3:35 the war on drugs mix. Guess I need to listen, never heard it all the way thru...confused smiley

Date: August 11, 2020 04:09

Maindefender

According to quietbeatle, the itunes and video are one in the same..."the iTunes/video version is 3:48 and this says 3:35".
So subtract 17 seconds of dialogue from the itunes/video version, and it's down to 3:31 which is quite close to 3:35.
Chances are they could be the same as that website claims (the video is indeed the War on Drugs version), or they could be entirely different...guess we'll have to wait and see.

Date: August 11, 2020 04:17

Hairball
Maindefender

According to quietbeatle, the itunes and video are one in the same..."the iTunes/video version is 3:48 and this says 3:35".
So subtract 17 seconds of dialogue from the itunes/video version, and it's down to 3:31 which is quite close to 3:35.
Chances are they could be the same as that website claims (the video is indeed the War on Drugs version), or they could be entirely different...guess we'll have to wait and see.

Just listened to the Mescal vid, and it’s another version for sure, another layer of nice guitar work added. I’m sold HB, or at least I will be this Friday...lol

Date: August 11, 2020 04:25

Its your brain on drugs are doing it.

jb

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home